First timer looking for advice

• Thread starter Daza2991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daza2991

Daza2991

My plants are about 4-6 weeks old in veg. when would be a good time to flip them this is a pic of 1 of them no training. just let it go. I'm a first time grower well my second first didnt go so well plants stretched to much in veg unsure of strain as a mate gave me the seeds.edvice from exp growers would be nice.

Thank you in advance for any all advice.

First timer looking for advice
First timer looking for advice 2
First timer looking for advice 3
TexanTerps

TexanTerps

Hey friend, it is just a matter of personal goals. You can continue to veg and with the extra time grow a larger plant. I believe after a couple weeks the end product is going to be about the same quality, just different size. Some people go right to 12/12 to test plants out. Depending on strain once you flip you will get a certain degree of "stretch" before bud fill. If i were you I would pinch the growing tip, allow the plant to spread out a bit for a week or two, and then flip as a beginner to get you a faster first harvest. Personally I like to veg them out to a closed canopy before flipping to get the most out of the light and space.

Madmax

Madmax

What is your tent size,height.plant count and light used..guys will b able to give you a better idea when to flip.but by the looks that plant above should stay short bushy going by its age 6w..

Daza2991

Daza2991

Grow spare is 1.2x1.2 by about 6 foot height with a 600w hps 5 inch carbon filter 16 inch osolating 25w fan. I did start off with 6 but I ended up with 2 other died due to the heat but they other 2 seem to be living the heat and had no problems with them using small pots I think there about 12 litres I am thing about getting new 1 very so maybe fabrics and abit bigger maybe 15 litres. After they are done most of the advice I get now is going to be going into a better crop as I have bought seeds from queens seeds fems so I know what I'm growing and definitely fem.

Daza2991

Daza2991

What is your tent size,height.plant count and light used..guys will b able to give you a better idea when to flip.but by the looks that plant above should stay short bushy going by its age 6w..

Sorry mate I was ment to reply to this but ended up just putting another message dont know if you would of got notification

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Gday Cobba I can see your plant is getting to much light by the entire leaf margins are curling up . What hight are you running it 36” above the canopy would be a good starting point . Welcome to the farm regards OD .

Daza2991

Daza2991

Gday Cobba I can see your plant is getting to much light by the entire leaf margins are curling up . What hight are you running it 36” above the canopy would be a good starting point . Welcome to the farm regards OD .

A think its about 28 inch off the top of my plants mate I will measure it now to see if needs correcting thanks bro

Daza2991

Daza2991

Raised my light upto about 36 38 inches a think it was about 7 inches to low trimmed 50% of the heads of the stems to double them up

Thank you all even those small changes could make a big difference

Madmax

Madmax

Sorry mate I was ment to reply to this but ended up just putting another message dont know if you would of got notification
Sorry i didnt reply back to your message Daz,got any pics of them in the tent..id b thinking of flipping them very soon .i went to 8 and a tad under 7 weeks veg in a 5x5 one plants stayed short but the other which grew spindly and trebbled its height in a 5x5 room 2.140 ceiling and was 50 cm away from light and has foxtailed something shocking.and takes up near half that space..if plants are say 40cm tall id flip..

Daza2991

Daza2991

Sorry i didnt reply back to your message Daz,got any pics of them in the tent..id b thinking of flipping them very soon .i went to 8 and a tad under 7 weeks veg in a 5x5 one plants stayed short but the other which grew spindly and trebbled its height in a 5x5 room 2.140 ceiling and was 50 cm away from light and has foxtailed something shocking.and takes up near half that space..if plants are say 40cm tall id flip..

Sorry for taking so long to reply been a bit busy kids are having my life atm but this is they plants as of today 1 looks really scronnie and they other is beautiful

Fudge

Fudge

Took these about half hour ago
Yeah can defo see a touch of light burn, the lime green flashes down the leaves. If heights an issue maybe a little bending or tying down will help them Bush out rather than gain height. Maybe a week to let them settle then I'd personally flip just you don't want big monsters when you're just finding your feet

Daza2991

Daza2991

Yeah can defo see a touch of light burn, the lime green flashes down the leaves. If heights an issue maybe a little bending or tying down will help them Bush out rather than gain height. Maybe a week to let them settle then I'd personally flip just you don't want big monsters when you're just finding your feet
How does this look now mate tied it all down so its growing out rather than straight up.the way I have done this wont damage them will it. Also took the top 2 nodes off just to try keep it short

20201214 153954
Fudge

Fudge

How does this look now mate tied it all down so its growing out rather than straight up.the way I have done this wont damage them will it. Also took the top 2 nodes off just to try keep it short
The topping alone would have done, but no it won't damage them, just encourage outward growth. Give them a week to get back into stride with new growth and flip them. Tidy up the under shite that will never get light, and just keep an eye on stretch, depending on strain they could double to treble in size

Daza2991

Daza2991

The topping alone would have done, but no it won't damage them, just encourage outward growth. Give them a week to get back into stride with new growth and flip them. Tidy up the under shite that will never get light, and just keep an eye on stretch, depending on strain they could double to treble in size
I don't some of the same a few months back was utter shit (reason I come here)they grew really tall but my set up was shit and light was right at the top of the tent start to finish as I didn't hangers but I'm thinking they moreless double in size since I kept light lower thos time

Thanks for the help by the way mate

Fudge

Fudge

Texans suggestion of growing to canopy might suit you better, like an even spread or even just some netting and grow each "Top" through a hole in the net, creating an even canopy, but that's all for next time IMHO. For now though I'd just watch them and you'll be fine, they won't grow too tall this time through your work now and you will get some reward faster to help your motivation,

Good luck they looked happy enough apart from a bit of light stress in the first place and are young enough to bounce right back

Daza2991

Daza2991

Texans suggestion of growing to canopy might suit you better, like an even spread or even just some netting and grow each "Top" through a hole in the net, creating an even canopy, but that's all for next time IMHO. For now though I'd just watch them and you'll be fine, they won't grow too tall this time through your work now and you will get some reward faster to help your motivation,

Good luck they looked happy enough apart from a bit of light stress in the first place and are young enough to bounce right back
Thats what I been thing getting some netting to put over the tops next time 2 1 above they other and do alot of bending maybe

Top Bottom