first timer. need help... maybe a list

• Thread starter your_ct_supply
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

your_ct_supply

:boogie:im looking to do like a closet grow for one or two plants at a time i wanna grow either a white widow or sour diesel now only thing i need is a list of things i should start to buy to get myself started thanks in advanced guys

N

noone88

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes

Y

your_ct_supply

ok i did some research how about a small grow box 400w hps for like 2 plants small fan and timer anything else?

Ina

Ina

how small is the grow box? u don't need 400w for 2 plants(if they are not too big). U may need CFL(blue spectrum) for the vegetative stage,becouse its energy save. When they grow they need blue,when flower-red spectrum. U can use smaller hps,because 400w makes too much heat in the box im sorry for my english,i speak like indian haha

S

sofakingg

closetgrow

You sure you want sour diesel in your closet ? She'll stretch quite a bit. A full indica will stetch a bit. For a closet grow T-5's work, as do cfl's. Figure exactly how big the closet is. I know of a closet grow, size 29" deep,48" wide, 60" hi 1 6 bulb T-5,2'fixture hanging down, w several cfl side lights. 2 indicas fill the space after 3 weeks of vegging @ 20/4 . A small tower fan that oscillates to circulate air . Lined the closet walls w/mylar, and a small widow a/c unit keeps the room 77,79 degrees using the energy saving mode. 2 indica's yield about 1 1/4 oz per plant. dried and cired. Now the buds are not huge, but the potency is there ! Excellent results, slight increase in elec bill. Not much tho. Good luck !

Y

your_ct_supply

wow that helped any links where i can purchase the things i need

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
there is a grow shop up near hartford called harvest moon, they will have what you need... i would go for a 250 hps with aircooled hood... no heat

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i grew up there, i see you are from gun waven..

Y

your_ct_supply

yezzurd i am. born and raised but is there maybe a mini kit i can buy for one plant something not 800 i dont wanna do a mass operation tops 3 plants

F

floridagrower

hey CT,
im in the same boat as you. i want to start a small grow in my room. from what i read there really is no cheap way of doing this. just cheaper. you cant skimp your plants on everything it will need to survive. say for example, you live in a house that everyone is cool with the op, it may be better to relocate the op to a bigger room and only grow 2 big plants. in that case it may be easyer to build the system yourself. (depending if you want hydro or soil). if they dont know about your closet devil it may be better to set up a small tent in your closet if you know they wont snoop around. i am heavy in the planning stages now as well, if you want to pm me with a little more details i can look up info for you as well. tell you what i think and what not.

and if you set this shit up i expect some dank pics!

thanks,
FG

Y

your_ct_supply

i most deff will post updates im pretty good with mdf because i used to build subwoofer enclosures so i might try and make something stealth out of mdf

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
you can find a 75-150 watt hps at home depot.. its a flood light and you will have to re-mount and wire it but they are only fifty bucks and i have seen them grow out some nice buds... if you dont mind tinkering with stuff i would go this route..if you are good with MDF put together a box or use an old dresser and cut the fronts of the drawers off, nail them back on then take the back piece off and put it on hinges.. if that makes sense. dont forget a small fan, digi thermometer, and a timer.. i am heavily medicated so i prolly missed one or two things..but thats the basics..

Y

your_ct_supply

sweet all this sounds well i will after my profit sharing goes up a bit more i am dying to start one now jeez

Y

your_ct_supply

ok so i decided im gonna do maybe 2 easyryder auto plants or ak47 what should i be looking to buy. grow tent? size? light? pots? soil?

Y

your_ct_supply

couple hundreddont wanna do anything big 4 plants top!

Top Bottom