first timer needing help cloning

• Thread starter snickers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
my sole blueberry is now two feet tall and id like to clone her before I flower her. Ive read the books and articles and thought i had the gist, but when i look at my last plant(only female out of 5 feminized) im not certain. the plant has a pair of branches coming off the main stalk(the same all the way up the plant), one with just one leaf and one jutting up at about 45 degrees with several leaves. is this the one to cut? at the stalk? theres pistles where they conjoin- do these get cut??:sweating:sweating:sweating:sweating:sweating

B

booms

what you need to do is cut it right below a set of leafs in a 45d angle with sharp razor knife then immediatly in cup of water then root powder then presoaked cup with 1''-1 1/2'' soil and pre poke a hole in soil for clone all the way down with a pen. spray 1 good spray(no more ever) then use sandwich baggie and rubber band over cup. leave couple inches of bag at top for humidity. air exchange every 2 days. put under flourecents couple inches away. make sure bottom of cups are warm. oh yeah when picking clone just make sure its at least 3'' long and cut the leaves off at bottom where going to cut 45d angle when its still on plant and lightly scrape/scratch sides of clone with razor where its going to be under soil. after 7 days pop out of cups see if got roots if not check in 2 days. after see roots need to toughen up so slowly cut a bigger hole in baggie over clone every day until can take baggie off and start watering clone. hope this helps.

S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
where do i cut? at the stalk? any leaf? doesnt it need branches?

B

booms

find a branch at least 3 inches long. you cut 1/4'' below last set of leafs that you already trimmed off. no branches.

The Joker

The Joker

Try the search feature... I found these on the first four pages and there were 14 pages when I put in cloning.

and on..,

Too bad TCC is not taking new members as there are some great tutorials.

T

Ta2u

a 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite works great for me. keep that humidity high for good results.

S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
do i need to wait to clone until after i begin flowering? does it matter? my blueberry is 2 months and 3feet. i want 2 induce flowering but wish 2 clone first

sog1313

sog1313

you should clone now that way it is less stress on the clones since they dont have to switch from flower back to veg.

M

madona1

cloning is easy dude. dont stress. what you got to do is take enough cuts, if you are just starting out expect about 50% success rate. i never really understood all the complicated advices, the using of a razor blade, cutting at a 45 degree angle. im lazy. what you got to do is get a sharp knife, have a cloning gel handy, pick out the stalks at the bottom of your plant cause these wont give you good buds in flower anyway. the stalk has to have a couple of leaves on it ... no the fan leaves dont count. cut one stalk off at a time, dip them immediately in cloning gel, then stick it in a rapid rooter (i prefer rapid rooter, grodans have to be presoaked in proper ph). that's it. keep directly under a fluorescent light or several feet away from an hps lamp in your veg room. have a fan circulating somewhere in the room. leave them alone for 2 weeks and you'll have your clones. worst case scenario you can always reveg your mother plant

Top Bottom