First timer - outdoor grow

• Thread starter Ready_set_g0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ready_set_g0

Hi everyone,

First time grower here saying hello. I was gifted a few seeds (2 years ago) from my brother in law who knows I love to garden. I gave it a shot this year and after trying a couple seedlings managed to get a couple plants in the ground. I don’t know what they are and have zero experience other than having an awesome veggie garden for years.

Anyhow, here’s a look. Two plants in ground after digging a big hole for FF and Perlite mix. I did some nutes early but stared to worry they would get too big. It’s interesting how different the genetics look between the two. Lots of learning and mistakes along the way I think, but I’m happy overall with it being a fun experience.

Two weeks into bloom I tested the soil and was really depleted, so I have very little N, but have jumped back on a combination of Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

First timer   outdoor grow
First timer   outdoor grow 2
First timer   outdoor grow 3
First timer   outdoor grow 4
Last edited:
R

Ready_set_g0

Lookin good!
Thanks! I’ve read not to worry much about yellowing leaves during bloom, but I noticed that one branch of the plant against the fence is in more shade during the day and has darker green leaves vs the rest of the plant that is getting full sun. Much more yellowing happening on the majority of the plant getting full sun vs the small amount in shade. Flowering looks about the same. Is the light ratio to yellowing telling me anything?

Here’s a picture of each.

R

Ready_set_g0

The nutrients seem to have helped some. Flowers aren’t getting a whole lot bigger, but I don’t really know what I should expect. They are definitely developing trichomes.

33CD7548 30C7 430C B72F A23E53C9314E
R

Ready_set_g0

We're getting close!! I'm eager to harvest my first plants, but am struggling with holding out. We had major rains for 4 days straight last weekend, which doesn't seem to have bothered the girls. Post storm, we have amazing weather from the 50's to 70's and blue skies, but this weekend the temps are going to drop to the mid-30's.

Do I pull the trigger?? I was originally looking at the trichomes on on the sugar leaves which are about 30% amber in places, but saw here that I need to look at the calyx. This is also early morning and there's a bit of dew on the leaves still.

I also not a big smoker, but would lean towards the uplifting, less body feeling produced on the milky earlier side of maturation. Thoughts with possible frost in two nights?

Here are some pics of two plants.
IMG 1925
IMG 1906
IMG 1904
IMG 1900
IMG 1890 1
IMG 1883 1
IMG 1894 1

Top Bottom