First try at DWC

• Thread starter Chris1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chris1

Hey guys I have 2 DIY DWC buckets ready to go. I have everything I need, I just have a few questions as I've only grown in soil

1) How high should the initial water level be? I have a few Mandala Satori seeds germinating, and they should be cracking any minute...

2) What should my initial nutrient dosage be? I am going from seed

Thanks guys!

T

trusmoker

u want the bubbles to ht the bottom of the net pot but dont sit them in the water an start low wiv nutes just keep water level about an inch from the roots when they appear peace

C

Chris1

Cool. I got everything set up today, I'll post a grow log whenever they sprout!

G

gudkarma

a) BEFORE you drop these seeds/sprouts into a bucket, you're gonna have to hand water in net pots until you get noticable roots.

imo, it's better to start the seeds in root riot cubes, rockwool, or whatever you like.

get them to sprout, grow them in cubes till you see roots, transplant to a netpot.

personally, when i ran dwc, i kept net pots w/ seedlings in a tray & handwatered them until they were ready for the buckets.

b) initial nute dosage?

well, if you're running hydro & dont have a way to 1) measure ph & 2) measure ppm you're wasting time.

what nutes are you using?

there should be a guide to follow on the bottle for seedlings.

C

Chris1

I just ordered a ppm/ph meter so I'm not 'wasting my time'

I have 2 sets of nutes, Canna Vega A/B and also Envy A/B. I haven't decided which I'll use

Latest posts

Top Bottom