First try BHO winterizing for vap ego c twist

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello farmers I'm very very new to bho this is my first attempt.
I have 107gr of critical jack nugs still with sugar leaves. I have a glass column, and couple of power 5x cans.

Questions I was reading as much as gray wolf thread oh SkPharm so want to tell everyone if my understanding of this is correct before I try it lol .
Pyrex dish in hot water at no more than 120F Blast tubes onto Pyrex dish before it evaporate completely put in 190 proof 10:1 ratio in freezer for 24hrs than filter wash and again hot water bath 115F until alcohol evaporates leaving absolute oil?

Now where I don't know is if the oil is then purged after the whole process or it doesn't need cause of the alcohol? And do I need to heat my herb up before blasting for decarb for vap pen? Thanks everyone sorry about the long post

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Just a hot water bath odds are no its not fully purged of alcohol or left over residual crap from the butane. You need a vacuump pump and chamber if you wanna remove ALL the solvents.. Remember alcohol don't boil till around 175-180? Also oil and alcohol are like magnets unless your pulling the alcohol out its not gonna just come out on its own. it needs help.

Now if you wanna smoke it thats fine no harm theres plenty of alcohol to be found in e-cig carts/tanks ect. I would advise you not use a plastic style tank as the alcohol and some flavors will crack your tank.

No the oil does not need to be decarbed to smoke it. It Decarbs when you smoke it and will also decarb just sitting inside the tank being heated when you puff on it.

Heating your herb before hand will only darken your oil.

Whats your plan after you have winterized your oil? Mix it with what? Or did you just plan on dumping it straight into your cart/tank?

Natural

Natural

ya like dabbie says no need for decarb in a vape pen.
Although, @Graywolf is very adamant about the fact that your bho is completely purged of butane when you wash with ethanol and then purge the alcohol. The ethanol will evap very easily..it may leave a residual of a small amount of water..depends on your source..but even everclear has a small amount in it.

Dbd143

Dbd143

i winterize with 99% iso my shatter comes out amazing i use dry ice to drop temps bc i dont have a deep freezer and im too lazy to wait the 2 weeks for it to finish in a normal freezer. i blasst my tane cook it down till theres no reaction in the pyrex dump the iso in while its still on the double boiler swirl it around to dissolve the oil and put it in a chilled mason jar in the freezer for at least 48 hours or dry ice like i do which takes 3 hours and freexes the waxes and lipids to the jar just watch not to drop temp too low bc you will mess you your yeilds and shit. once the waxes and whatnot are chilled strain it through 3 coffee filters and dump into a warm pyrex in a double boil ona griddle set at 150 which keeps the water at 135 and your pyrex at 110 perfect for shatter, with a fan to ventilate bc those fumes can make you sick. evap all the iso scrape and purge it makes awesome shatter

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Just a hot water bath odds are no its not fully purged of alcohol or left over residual crap from the butane. You need a vacuump pump and chamber if you wanna remove ALL the solvents.. Remember alcohol don't boil till around 175-180? Also oil and alcohol are like magnets unless your pulling the alcohol out its not gonna just come out on its own. it needs help.

Now if you wanna smoke it thats fine no harm theres plenty of alcohol to be found in e-cig carts/tanks ect. I would advise you not use a plastic style tank as the alcohol and some flavors will crack your tank.

No the oil does not need to be decarbed to smoke it. It Decarbs when you smoke it and will also decarb just sitting inside the tank being heated when you puff on it.

Heating your herb before hand will only darken your oil.

Whats your plan after you have winterized your oil? Mix it with what? Or did you just plan on dumping it straight into your cart/tank?

I wanted to go straight from the oil bath to the carts and vap what do you think?

Top Bottom