First try with fruit

• Thread starter Bluberry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluberry

Guys , I have my lights on the way, the same with my other gear and seeds.

I have never grown anything before, so I thought I would try germinating some less expensive seeds as a trial. Any ideas what I should be thinking about, something with similar properties to mj, but perhaps a fruit plant or flower.

Also is it possible to keep these going alongside the cannabis seeds?

Thanks guys.

B

T

thicknthin

germinating seeds is a pretty standard process for almost all seeds as far as my research has gone... moist... about 70 to 75 degrees i used these little tightly packed soil starters i got from the local grow store... you can prolly find them at a nursery or the plant section at the hardware store...you just stick it in the middle and keep it moist... im pretty sure all, well almost any seed will germinate in these conditions... good luck! please correct me if im wrong...
p.s. sorry bout the update i lost connection for a min... stoopid wi-fi

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can treat peppers exactly the same way you do cannabis. In fact, when saving pepper seeds for future generations, one of the things you do is to put them in water--the ones that sink are the viable seeds and the best to be kept.

T

thicknthin

i also order my seeds and your right they are definatly not to waste... i am also growing in soil... all organic... usually a seed can just be stuck in the dirt using the old "finger deep" method and a pot of soil... the little "cakes" you can buy are designed to promote root growth. they can even be used to stimulate root growth in cloning... but if you want a 100% germ rate i my suggestions are; buy good quality seeds from a good reliable company... and try those cakes i am new to this but the 3 i have done for a test run (found in a bag) have all sprouted...

S

SSHZ

There are a 100 methods to germinate seeds, and most of them work. The bottom line is no matter what else you do, keep them moist, in the dark, and "barely" warm- and if the seeds are fresh, they'll pop in 1-5 days normally. After popping them, transplant into your medium and you are on your way...........

lazarus718

lazarus718

Tomatoes are good practice, they like slightly more acidic soil though. They'll tell you if you have a good soil mix going. Or you can just by a cheap sack of schwag and you'll probably get around 50 or so of those beans to run, plus you can still smoke it when you're done :evilgrin0040:

Top Bottom