First UC Grow!

• Thread starter MonsterRobot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmseeker

Hey there... Yes I am running Co2.... 1350 PPM's roughly.... I have the air pumps outside the room... I was not to sure about pumping the Inside Co2 laced air into the buckets so I just put them outside...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Farmer, are you using co2? If so are your air pumps in the room and how high are your ppm?

No don't put the air pump in the room regardless, but for sure don't do it with Co2. Co2 is heavy so tends to sit low in the room = pump height. The Co2 can cause premature failure of your pump. The other thing about pumps is make sure they are always higher than your res. water level. If the power fails and the pump is lower, water will drain back through the pump and cause flooding.

I run the room at 1600 ppm and turn it off for the last 10 days of ripening. I also run temps from 85 to 90. They do speed up so keep an eye on the water and food.

G

GeneticFreak

No don't put the air pump in the room regardless, but for sure don't do it with Co2. Co2 is heavy so tends to sit low in the room = pump height. The Co2 can cause premature failure of your pump. The other thing about pumps is make sure they are always higher than your res. water level. If the power fails and the pump is lower, water will drain back through the pump and cause flooding.

I run the room at 1600 ppm and turn it off for the last 10 days of ripening. I also run temps from 85 to 90. They do speed up so keep an eye on the water and food.

Its this weeks project. I knew the answer I just wanted to hear from someone that had done it successfully. I'm going to have to cut a hole in the wall and run an extension cord with new tubing. I should have done this when I built the damn room. Oh well it gives me something to do. As far as water goes they are already drinking up a storm. I have a 55 gal top off res so I should be cool.
How could the water go back up through the stones and air lines without being sucked in. I read about ur flood. What a mess. Anyways I'm on it, cuz I'm a firm believer in co2 supplementation! 1600 here I come!!

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

So I found out that I have brown algae... Brewing tea today and getting ready to clean everything up tonight... Tomorrow I will dump the tea in the res and start going to war with this snot like problem... On the bright side tho, I have tons of new growth and it looks green! luckily I caught the algae before it had a chance to take over my shit...

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Found root aphids... weak... Decided that with the aphids and the algae it would just be better to start over instead of treating and waiting 2 weeks for things to improve and risk the problem coming back... The plants were only 2 weeks in anyway...
So last night I broke everything down, threw away all the plants and hydroton and scrubbed the UC... Then I filled it with fresh water and put 10ml/gal H2O2 to sterilize things and have had it running since then... Tonight I will drain it and then do one more wipedown and have plants back in the system tomorrow... I learned a few things not to do so it wasn't a total loss...

Unit541

Unit541

With bugs and algae in the root zone, 10ml/gal of H202 wouldn't get me to sleep at night, even if it's the strong stuff. I'd be a lot more comfortable using a 15%-20% bleach solution for a few hours.

If your room is sealed, bring C02 up to like 10k - 12k ppm for a few hours. That'll take care of any critters hiding elsewhere in the space, waiting to spring the ninja ambush on your new crop. Don't try this with a genny, you'll need a bottle.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

the wipedown will be with bleach... also, all of the plants are going to be pretreated with imid before they even go into the system...

padyakol

padyakol

Here is a pic... 1400 ppm and green

1400_800x600_.jpg

green_800x600_.jpg
hi! do you add nutes to the water of your humidifier?

Top Bottom