Fish Based Nutes And Flavor/taste

• Thread starter theseekeroft
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
theseekeroft

theseekeroft

I have used fish based nutes right up to harvest and not noticed or had anyone say anything about a fishy taste or smell. May have to do with strain grown, nute used, or other. Anyone have any opinions or observations to share?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
might depend on if your using fish emulsion or fish hydroslate and how much - I have seen organic herb that smelled and tasted like fishy dirt - it was a sample somebody gave me - I packed some bonghits for friends to fuck with them lol

G gnome

G gnome

I used to use Neptune's Harvest. Never efected smell or taste that I noticed. Def effected the ph though. And it smelled up the joint.

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Thanks for letting me know you had some that had that taste and smell. If it wasnt from storage or whatever ... seems like it would have had to come from the soil or what it was fed. Will definitely keep this in mind. Think I will at least limit use during flower ... maybe not at all.

Need to consider Emulsion vs hydrosolate ... do you think 1 might cause a bad taste and not the other? Off hand seems like the emulsion would be most likely to cause it.

Plants grow great with Neptunes Havest ... but agree with all you said G gnome. & Stinks way to much to use inside.

G gnome

G gnome

It wasn't for lack of effort on my part. I wnted it to work. The other problem for me was having to mix only what i was gonna use and i didn't like that. I was always over shooting and having to literally put $down the drain or under shooting and having to mix and extra 1 plants worth all over again and balance ph again. ..and not to mention it made the ph plummet.

K

kolah

I grow OD in soil and tried a few mixtures. It stunk up my GH and attracted flies. Pricey too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom