Fish food as nutrients for the whole cycle

• Thread starter SHiNi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SHiNi

SHiNi

Hey guys I have a question I've seen people use fish tank water and fish poop as fertilizers and my curious mind is thinking if anyone used just crushed fish food flakes as nutes?
I like doing experiments and was wondering about it and those who I've seen use fish poop and fish pond water had good results.
Thanks in advance

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I haven’t but it will make your grow room smell fishy 🤣 excuse the pun

Somewhere in the back of my mind like 20odd years ago I remember threads on fish food feeding. Feeding them the fishes food though never herd of it dout it would contain everything needed and might include things you don’t
Guess read the make up would give you more of a idea

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Hey guys I have a question I've seen people use fish tank water and fish poop as fertilizers and my curious mind is thinking if anyone used just crushed fish food flakes as nutes?
I like doing experiments and was wondering about it and those who I've seen use fish poop and fish pond water had good results.
Thanks in advance
It's not fish food your plant wants. It's fish shit 💩

SHiNi

SHiNi

I haven’t but it will make your grow room smell fishy 🤣 excuse the pun

Somewhere in the back of my mind like 20odd years ago I remember threads on fish food feeding. Feeding them the fishes food though never herd of it dout it would contain everything needed and might include things you don’t
Guess read the make up would give you more of a idea
I bet it will get fishy in there lol
If you can remember reading about it then maybe it can be done.I haven't quite read up on what exactly goes into the fish food but I'll start reading up on it now.
What got me to thinking of this is seeing some people buried fish in they're outdoor soil and reading of the fish poop and fish pond water and I was thinking 🤔 what about the fish food lol

SHiNi

SHiNi

It's not fish food your plant wants. It's fish shit 💩
So is it the same with like the cow manure and horse about they're digestive systems breaking down what they eat ? Because I was thinking as long as it's organic the microbe herd should be able to break it down or am I wrong ?

SHiNi

SHiNi

Mostly for the vegging. Switch to a flower supplement when flowering.
Was thinking of adding just unshulperd blackstrap molasses when flowering starts since it has potassium just to see what the outcome will be.If I do it the plan is to just use fish food and RO water I will have to read up on what goes into the fish food like GMix said and from there determine if molasses is needed.

Jeffdaman

Jeffdaman

My wife has a koy pond , I grew a mowi wowi outside this year and it seemed to like the green fishy water. I had it planted in a tire on the ground 1.5 gallons of the water every 4-4 days only thing I used. Got 6’x 6’ about 2 lbs sooooooo..

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

So is it the same with like the cow manure and horse about they're digestive systems breaking down what they eat ? Because I was thinking as long as it's organic the microbe herd should be able to break it down or am I wrong ?
You're catching on. But things get a hella complicated the more you learn. Stick around, there's a lot of educated growmies here. So take it slow, watch them grow. Keep a clean environment. And if possible keep a journal.🧐🌲👀

SHiNi

SHiNi

My wife has a koy pond , I grew a mowi wowi outside this year and it seemed to like the green fishy water. I had it planted in a tire on the ground 1.5 gallons of the water every 4-4 days only thing I used. Got 6’x 6’ about 2 lbs sooooooo..
That's what I read up about the fish pond water and that almost 1 kilo that's a nice harvest in my books I'll run mine outdoors aswell. Thanks for confirming

SHiNi

SHiNi

You're catching on. But things get a hella complicated the more you learn. Stick around, there's a lot of educated growmies here. So take it slow, watch them grow. Keep a clean environment. And if possible keep a journal.🧐🌲👀
Lol I learn alot of new stuff here on the daily was just absent a few months was very busy and I have some random bagseed seeds I'll experiment on they regulars though but I'll give it a go since summer is a month away and I believe in strictly organic always.Keeping a journal though lol I can say I'll try have to do some fish food research first and thanks bro appreciate i💯👊

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Lol I learn alot of new stuff here on the daily was just absent a few months was very busy and I have some random bagseed seeds I'll experiment on they regulars though but I'll give it a go since summer is a month away and I believe in strictly organic always.Keeping a journal though lol I can say I'll try have to do some fish food research first and thanks bro appreciate i💯👊
Well winter is about to start here. But that doesn't mean a thing. Just have fun growmie ✌️

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
It's not food it's microbes that eat the food in the soil, then the plant eats them. Release the microbes that survive super oxide cell wall removal and when they released they heal the cell wall and get food in them again, then the plant eats them again. It's a cycle

SHiNi

SHiNi

It's not food it's microbes that eat the food in the soil, then the plant eats them. Release the microbes that survive super oxide cell wall removal and when they released they heal the cell wall and get food in them again, then the plant eats them again. It's a cycle
I understand that much of microbes I currently only use diodyne 401 which comes loaded with microbes I use it while germinating seeds and a few times a month. But all that of cell walls and stuff is all Greek to me lol still have alot of learning to do

SHiNi

SHiNi

Why not do an aquaponics right in with the fish?
To be honest I love soil and my knowledge of aqua anything is very very limited and the way my life is I'm sometimes 2 to 3 days away from home so by that time the fish would probably be dead lol

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I understand that much of microbes I currently only use diodyne 401 which comes loaded with microbes I use it while germinating seeds and a few times a month. But all that of cell walls and stuff is all Greek to me lol still have alot of learning to do
Microbes are needed throughout the life cycle if you use dry amendments especially. I use them occasionally throughout the grow, different microbes do different tasks so look into what you are adding and when. Good luck 👍

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Look all this talk of fish poo. Their only a month old. And just got shit on. 💩💩💩🤣🤣🤣
IMG 20231101 082204

Top Bottom