• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
McCannabis

McCannabis

Fish grown bud
So has everyone heard of those beta fish? I was wondering if you could grow cannabis like that. Almost as a hydro like setup. Probably wouldn't produce much but my stoner mind thought it'd be cool to grow weed on the top of a fishbowl. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

north knect

north knect

View attachment 607452 So has everyone heard of those beta fish? I was wondering if you could grow cannabis like that. Almost as a hydro like setup. Probably wouldn't produce much but my stoner mind thought it'd be cool to grow weed on the top of a fishbowl. Anyone got any thoughts on this?
There is people out there doing this..I seen a video with a fishtank setup on YouTube. .I wanna say it was George Cervantes' video but it was his freinds setup, looked pretty legit to me

McCannabis

McCannabis

I'd like to try that! I wonder how much different it would be.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It can be done, but not with tiny little bettas. There's a LOT to know about doing it this way and a lot of that is to do with fish husbandry. The most and worst questions I see on the AP groups I use have to do with fish diseases, everyone's stuck on "What's your pH? What's your ammonia?" OR it's always ick. And I'm like, "No it is fucking NOT!" Last guy had columnaris and people were telling him it was ick.

So, learn your fish first.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Well SeaMaiden what type of fish could do it in a large fishbowl?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's the problem. Cannabis is a demanding plant (for nutrients) and a wee little Betta splendens isn't going to produce enough waste for the plant to do well on.

You're going to have to scale your dreams up my friend, WAY up. 10gal tank minimum, and I'd be doing goldfish or koi specifically because they are such 'dirty' fish (produce a lot of waste through activity and because they shed a lot of slime), and even then you're likely going to have to supplement, which is tricky because there are fish present, it's got to be 100% organic AND fish-safe. If you started out at that scale you could do a plant, maybe two, if you keep them small.

Or, you could scale it up even more and go for a pond with bluegill, like I did. :D I've got me some breeders now!

At this rate I think I'm going to be writing about fish again.

McCannabis

McCannabis

That's the problem. Cannabis is a demanding plant (for nutrients) and a wee little Betta splendens isn't going to produce enough waste for the plant to do well on.

You're going to have to scale your dreams up my friend, WAY up. 10gal tank minimum, and I'd be doing goldfish or koi specifically because they are such 'dirty' fish (produce a lot of waste through activity and because they shed a lot of slime), and even then you're likely going to have to supplement, which is tricky because there are fish present, it's got to be 100% organic AND fish-safe. If you started out at that scale you could do a plant, maybe two, if you keep them small.

Or, you could scale it up even more and go for a pond with bluegill, like I did. :D I've got me some breeders now!

At this rate I think I'm going to be writing about fish again.

I think it'd be cool to have a plant growing, not looking for pounds, but if it produced any bud it'd be a success to me. I just keep thinking of it in the window sill or mantle with a couple gold fish in like a 3 gal fishbowl. But pretty much the "dirtier" the fish the better it is for plants?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In a manner of thinking, yes. Your goal is to strike a balance here, too much nutrient load and the fish will suffer, too little and the plants will suffer. I can't recommend going with a higher volume of water here strongly enough. You can do it with 10gallons. In a windowsill? You're not going to get much bud like that, I think you'll need to add supplemental light in that instance.

In the meantime, I kind of virtually know the cat who runs this podcast on YouTube, he seems to really know his shit and he's been doing AP cannabis for a while now. Start watching these podcasts.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRkqYlFzKpbCXreVKPYFlGg

Top Bottom