Fish sh!t or Recharge and why?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey fam I’ve been using both these products over the past year and it seems to work great at inoculating my soil with beneficial microbes.

The fish shit is pretty expensive and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to keep running along side the recharge which is another soil conditioner.

Also the fish shit doesn’t say exactly what species of microbes it has and the info and reviews on the internet are vague.

Has anyone used fish shit soil conditioner and thinks it’s a must have in the garden? I want to cut out any unnecessary cost and don’t have any other grows to compare to but this whole year I’ve been crushing it that’s for sure. Any input on the subject is welcome and maybe some anecdotal evidence/support. Pic of my mimosa cake auto for the heck of it.
Fish sht or recharge and why

AKgrow

AKgrow

I use Dr Earth flower girl. It has a bunch of mycorrhizae and bacteria in it with the nutes. I mix it in and top dress occasionally. It's only 9-10 bucks for a 4lb bag on Amazon sometimes. Good stuff. I also innoculate seeds at the start with great white, big difference in growth if I forget.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Im very interested in soil biology, but never heard of that "Shit"....it is actual fish excrement? The fact that they brag about millions of bacteria but dont list any of em is kind of weird....
Im a big fan of Hydrolized Fish and Fish bone meal cause they are rich in Calcium , slow release P and minerals, its great food for microbes too and thats why i use it very sparingly with mineral nutes like Masteblend...
Lactobacillus Culture and ACT are my go to when it comes to Recharge my soil (But i did bought a bag of bacillus Amylo cause was said to be a lab strain much more aggressive of the one fund in composts) and i recyle all of it....i have the same soil since two years in perpetual....
After i read about on how beneficials are everywhere and how to harvest em and multiply em im really skeptic on anything that comes packaged....mainly because i can get em fresher when i do those potions!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanx guys well it seems that the best decision is the stick with the recharge and retire the fish shit. I love the Recharge product it has fulvics and humic along with some kelp and some other things but I love that stuff I see a difference in growth after applying. The most benefit is when I actually brew it in my compost tea for a day or so. I use roots organics terp tea grow, bloom, and bloom booster. These are organic dry amendments and they also have beneficials so I’m probably covered in beneficials.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Thanx guys well it seems that the best decision is the stick with the recharge and retire the fish shit. I love the Recharge product it has fulvics and humic along with some kelp and some other things but I love that stuff I see a difference in growth after applying. The most benefit is when I actually brew it in my compost tea for a day or so. I use roots organics terp tea grow, bloom, and bloom booster. These are organic dry amendments and they also have beneficials so I’m probably covered in beneficials.
What medium are you using? Living soil?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I made some roots organic Grow tea following the directions and then stuck a nitrate test strip in and was surprised to see that it only registered about 50 ppm. But I am pretty ignorant about some of this stuff, so maybe nitrogen fertilizer doesn’t register on a test strip.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I made some roots organic Grow tea following the directions and then stuck a nitrate test strip in and was surprised to see that it only registered about 50 ppm. But I am pretty ignorant about some of this stuff, so maybe nitrogen fertilizer doesn’t register on a test strip.
Living soil buffers the food supply and self adjusts pH. I think you might be interested in this;

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thanks. I’ll check it out. Wife uses miracle grow organic’s on her plants so I threw a couple of scoops of it into 5 gallons of tea. Then checked it with a strip and it read 500 ppm plus on the nitrate strip. Then I poured it on her plants. Lol. Just thought 50 ppm sounded a little weak.

DYNOMYCO

Supporter
Hey @ImpulsiveGrower,

Wondering if have ever heard of DYNOMYCO Premium Mycorrhizal Inoculants...

The fastest growing mycorrhizae brand in the market for a few reasons - 900 propagules per gram; created solely for Cannabis cultivation; 100% organic.

Check out our website for more information - https://www.dynomyco.com/

Also, hit me up for a promo code!

JoryK

JoryK

Hey @ImpulsiveGrower,

Wondering if have ever heard of DYNOMYCO Premium Mycorrhizal Inoculants...

The fastest growing mycorrhizae brand in the market for a few reasons - 900 propagules per gram; created solely for Cannabis cultivation; 100% organic.

Check out our website for more information - https://www.dynomyco.com/

Also, hit me up for a promo code!
Hi,
Old school organic grower here of 30 plus years. I love and use your product regularly. I’d love a promo code, or even moreso to be sponsored by Dynamoco.
I look forward to hearing back from you,
Jory

Top Bottom