Fixture temps and heat output. Bar+Board

• Thread starter hideside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hideside

Do rectangle board style lights still run hotter than bar/strip style lights?
I am looking for a cool running light for my new 2x4 tent (72” tall )
My main concern is fixture heat output and how close I can have it to the plant ...

Board
Grow Light Science GROW 300
HLG 320W XL
HLG 350R
Electric Sky 300 V3

Bar
ChilLED Growcraft X3
Optic Slim 320S (LH351H v2)

What are your thoughts on using two smaller lights instead?
Or an oversized light on a reduced power setting…… ( maybe ViparSpectra XS4000 480W )

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

My main concern is fixture heat output and how close I can have it to the plant ...

Board
HLG 320W XL
HLG 350R
Electric Sky 300 V3

Bar
ChilLED Growcraft X3

Or an oversized light on a reduced power setting…… ( maybe ViparSpectra XS4000 480W )
If you have height restrictions then definitely go with a bar style light in my opinion.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Board
HLG 320W XL
HLG 350R
Electric Sky 300 V3

Bar
ChilLED Growcraft X3

Nice choice u won’t go wrong with either - oversized is always better imo dial em back they last longer and run efficiently

H

hideside

Thank you guys , appreciate the feedback. I ended up getting ChilLED Growcraft X3 330W. (delivered yesterday)
I am eager to see how it will do in my 2x4 and what the temps are like with the driver outside...

E

ET12SECOND

My single bars on my 4x8 rack are 170 watts each. They run @95 degrees They are 3 inch wide bars what are they on your new Chilled unit?

IMG 3973

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Thank you guys , appreciate the feedback. I ended up getting ChilLED Growcraft X3 330W. (delivered yesterday)
I am eager to see how it will do in my 2x4 and what the temps are like with the driver outside...

I’m running ChilLED lights. They are absolutely amazing, you are going to be very happy. They are one of the most efficient lights on the market = coolest lights on the market.

Their Growcraft Ultra series is the most efficient light on the market as far as I am aware. 3rd party lab testing by NVLAP Light Laboratory Inc gave it a Full System Efficacy - 3.19 umole/J rating.

E

ET12SECOND

I’m running ChilLED lights. They are absolutely amazing, you are going to be very happy. They are one of the most efficient lights on the market = coolest lights on the market.

Their Growcraft Ultra series is the most efficient light on the market as far as I am aware. 3rd party lab testing by NVLAP Light Laboratory Inc gave it a Full System Efficacy - 3.19 umole/J rating.
what are the wattage of the bars and what temps are you seeing on them?

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

what are the wattage of the bars and what temps are you seeing on them?

I have (2) of the 40 inch 165W X1 Growcraft Single Bar lights in vegetative spectrum, and (1) 65W X1 Growcraft Single Bar light in full spectrum.

I don't even run mine at full power, typically anywhere from 40-80%. Mine run at about 80-90 deg. F depending on the ambient temperature, usually 80-85 deg. F. They are insanely cool running lights.

My 40 inch units were in full spectrum, but I really needed veg spectrum so I reached out to ChilLED for help. They sent me (2) replacement LED boards and asked me to send mine back and covered shipping both ways. Within 24 hours they had them shipped and I installed the new LED boards a few days later. Took me 5 minutes to change them. I was so happy, I decided to go to their website to leave a review about my experience on their 40 inch single bar grow light. After I submitted my 5-star review, they sent me a $10 refund for my light I purchased back in JULY!

How can you get any better customer service?

Latest posts

Top Bottom