• Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Thereā€™s some wisdom in this, for real. šŸ¤©

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Now for something reallly different: Some Spaniard hip hop, we arent known for rap but these bromies do it well imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM_h1dUhs4U&list=PPSV
Nice. Don't speak/understand spanish too well but dig the beats and vibe.
Check this Icelandic lvl 80 wizard dressing gal. Has some chops no doubt. She lost me a bit after 1st song but dang she has some unique talent imo

Zombierider

Zombierider

Nice. Don't speak/understand spanish too well but dig the beats and vibe.
Check this Icelandic lvl 80 wizard dressing gal. Has some chops no doubt. She lost me a bit after 1st song but dang she has some unique talent imo

Yeah dude she has a hella good voice. I agree she lost me after first song, but she has some other good parts too. Burning man vibes haha

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

IMG 20230228 161949106

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Feel those oldie vibes...
Making me feel old. I saw these guys open up for a band that had Topper Headon from The Clash playing drums and the singer from Kid Creole singing. It was at a club called the Whiskey a Go Go in Hollywood. I think it was around '84. IIRC, Izzy Stradlin wasn't playing with G n R yet. Tracii Guns was playing rhythm and Slash on lead.

One of the memories of that show that stood out the most was I was in the balcony in the upstairs bar watching G 'n R playing and thinking something when I hear someone next to me saying what I was thinking. "Those motherfuckers are fucking angry!!!"......it was Henry Rollins from the punk band Black Flag. Crazy fucking times!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Making me feel old. I saw these guys open up for a band that had Topper Headon from The Clash playing drums and the singer from Kid Creole singing. It was at a club called the Whiskey a Go Go in Hollywood. I think it was around '84. IIRC, Izzy Stradlin wasn't playing with G n R yet. Tracii Guns was playing rhythm and Slash on lead.

One of the memories of that show that stood out the most was I was in the balcony in the upstairs bar watching G 'n R playing and thinking something when I hear someone next to me saying what I was thinking. "Those motherfuckers are fucking angry!!!"......it was Henry Rollins from the punk band Black Flag. Crazy fucking times!

Damn bro, I was just a glint in my Daddys' eye while you were out kickin it with these LEGENDS, hell yeah. I was born in the 80's so Im thankful to be part of the generation that was exposed to good music. As for the current gen, I guess WAP is a good song and Im just and old opinionated faka? I'll never know but to me all the good stuff stopped being produced in the early-mid 2000's.
My music tastes are all over the place but I keep going back to some more than others.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Damn bro, I was just a glint in my Daddys' eye while you were out kickin it with these LEGENDS, hell yeah. I was born in the 80's so Im thankful to be part of the generation that was exposed to good music. As for the current gen, I guess WAP is a good song and Im just and old opinionated faka? I'll never know but to me all the good stuff stopped being produced in the early-mid 2000's.
My music tastes are all over the place but I keep going back to some more than others.
I hear ya Bro! I have a pretty diverse music palette. Thankfully I was able to translate a lot of that into the songwriting that I did.

Met a black dude, Isiah, back in the 80's working as a bouncer for a club that I would play at in Hollywood that was super chill. We got to talking and became pretty good friends. He was deep into hip hop and rap. We were hanging out having drinks at a bar one day and he asked me why white boys love guitar so much. He said he'd seen and heard tons of rock bands and never understood the appeal. I told him to come over to my house and bring as many of his favorite caassettes/CD's and we'd ice a couple of suitcases of beer and listen to music. That was the day I truly understood what rap and hip hop was about and he got to learn what the white boys were hearing. He became a massive Led Zeppelin fan but his favorite was AC/DC. What tripped him out the most was the connection that Rock and Roll had to Rap and Hip Hop. We were listening to Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" and it just clicked for him. I remember him getting that look on his face and he looked at me with this huge smile and he just said "Damn! I get it. This song has so many similarities to rap and hip hop. Now I see the connection. This song is just so familiar in its form and delivery"

He turned me on to the whole NY hip hop scene that was forming in that day that became the hip hop and rap that we hear today. This is where I discovered groups like The Beastie Boys, Grand Master Flash or Eric B and Rakim and all the other NY groups trying to take it mainstream. I tried to turn him onto the Ramones since he was down with that whole NY music scene but it just wasn't his thing!!! LOL!

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

These guys are one of my favorite modern rock bands. I never got to play with them but I had friends that knew them. I think Jerry Cantrell is one of the most underrated rock guitar players today. Lane Staley was a talent that we won't see in a long time. R.I.P. Bro!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom