Flavored Live Resin: How To?

• Thread starter Treeman Tom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think they use the same flavoring as e-juice companies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Treeman Tom

Treeman Tom

90 bucks a gram for "live resin" that's been cut with food additives?

Real live resin would make you cry in shame for committing such sacriledge
I know, i have had live resin that i felt like i should have been tied up and stoned for smoking, but im not even sure if they are using food additives

Thats why there are different strains. There sure are a lot of flavors out there, without doing unnatural weed flavoring. I will never look for or advocate flavoring weed or extracts with extra flavoring.
i mean for all i know they are just using strains that produce the flavors they have, but i have never heard of a bud that tastes like a cremesicle lol

Y

youngjigga

terpinator worlks great. 10% increase in bho returns. more naturall flavours etc.TONS OF TRICHS ALSO.IT ACTUALLY REALLY DOES WORK.
sorry - was no trying to sell stuff; just want to talk to fellow cultivators and tell them what has worked for me - Peace

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I gotta say, pure pressed rosin from homegrown weed with NO additives whatsoever is my fav!
Course I like latte's with no flavoring. To each his own. Some people spray neem on their plants. Don't know how that tastes.
I know my squished nugs are clean. Not to concerned about other people's.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

terpinator worlks great. 10% increase in bho returns. more naturall flavours etc.TONS OF TRICHS ALSO.IT ACTUALLY REALLY DOES WORK.
Bullshit! No Fucking way in hell does it ADD a 10% yield when extracting bho.
Seriously man? Most average 10-15% return. Those are some outrageous claims Holmes.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Seriously man? Most average 10-15% return. Those are some outrageous claims Holmes.

Depends on what you're running and the processing. Trim can vary a lot, so for the purposes of bragging rights I suggest we stay with buds in this discussion.

Now lets define buds. The highest BHO yield that I've personally witnessed, was 28.1% and was from bud that had been manicured and the highest I've personally yielded was 21.6% from manicured bud.

Strain makes a big difference, and the lowest I've seen was 5.7% from a Catalyst whole plant extract, a high CBD strain.

That leads us to whole plant extracts. Us'ns and most brothers and sisters remove the fan leaves first, because even though they have trichomes, they are sparse and produce a different quality extract. That leaves us with the buds and sugar leaves, including popcorn, and on average our high THC strains are producing a 20% plus yield, and our high CBD strains producing 18% or so.

Unless we are weighing Absolutes, plant wax pickup adds to the weight, and is typically highest in outdoor grown product, extracted at ambient temperatures. Lowering the temperature reduces wax pickup and requires a longer extraction to yield the target elements.

That leads us to the next step, and that is bragging rights. I extract oil differently for show and tell, than I do for making oral meds, or if we plan to make clear out of the product afterwards using winterization and short path distillation.

When I go for bragging rights, I make two extractions. One for bragging rights, and the second to not waste what I left behind. Certainly I expect at least a 10/15% return on the bragging rights part, with our current strains.

Soooooo, the message is that everyone isn't talking the same language, which introduces a layer of confusion, even before we reach the posturing with BS part of bragging rights.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Regarding the theme of the thread, Live Resin in these parts, means extracted from fresh cut material, and it is usually not purdy to gaze upon, but highly aromatic and flavorful.

By the time resin makes it into a pen, its anybody guess what's in it, but if it isn't adulterated it should still smell and taste like the bud. If it tastes like candy, it has been adulterated with after market flavors.

Y

youngjigga

Tha
ts what the urban growers claimed.i was just spouting what iv watched! .no need for the harshness bro. chill out. im only saying something ,I WATCHED!. + ur basickly fooling me of ibn open forum.gheesh. talk about passive aggresive.

cannakis

cannakis

Damn you're only pulling 10-15%!? From Bud it should be 18-25% return. Haha whoops didn't read Graywolfs post! Thanks Graywolf.!
Depends on what you're running and the processing. Trim can vary a lot, so for the purposes of bragging rights I suggest we stay with buds in this discussion.

Now lets define buds. The highest BHO yield that I've personally witnessed, was 28.1% and was from bud that had been manicured and the highest I've personally yielded was 21.6% from manicured bud.

Strain makes a big difference, and the lowest I've seen was 5.7% from a Catalyst whole plant extract, a high CBD strain.

That leads us to whole plant extracts. Us'ns and most brothers and sisters remove the fan leaves first, because even though they have trichomes, they are sparse and produce a different quality extract. That leaves us with the buds and sugar leaves, including popcorn, and on average our high THC strains are producing a 20% plus yield, and our high CBD strains producing 18% or so.

Unless we are weighing Absolutes, plant wax pickup adds to the weight, and is typically highest in outdoor grown product, extracted at ambient temperatures. Lowering the temperature reduces wax pickup and requires a longer extraction to yield the target elements.

That leads us to the next step, and that is bragging rights. I extract oil differently for show and tell, than I do for making oral meds, or if we plan to make clear out of the product afterwards using winterization and short path distillation.

When I go for bragging rights, I make two extractions. One for bragging rights, and the second to not waste what I left behind. Certainly I expect at least a 10/15% return on the bragging rights part, with our current strains.

Soooooo, the message is that everyone isn't talking the same language, which introduces a layer of confusion, even before we reach the posturing with BS part of bragging rights.
youve only personally pulled 21%!? How was the 28% done?! Which strain/s?

Also pulling a plant Early will reduce Tremendously the amount of resin. Used to I was about the high THC in bud so pulled early. Now I'm letting them Fully develop completely ripening on vine Then pullin.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Damn you're only pulling 10-15%!? From Bud it should be 18-25% return. Haha whoops didn't read Graywolfs post! Thanks Graywolf.!

youve only personally pulled 21%!? How was the 28% done?! Which strain/s?

Also pulling a plant Early will reduce Tremendously the amount of resin. Used to I was about the high THC in bud so pulled early. Now I'm letting them Fully develop completely ripening on vine Then pullin.

As I recall the 21.6% was God Bud, extracted in two separate washes for a cancer patient, so as to end up with two products, and I don't remember what the 28.1% was, as it was grown by a local doctor and my SPR partner was extracting and formulating for him.

One consideration, is how much of the extracted weight is plant waxes and other non targeted elements. A long deep soak at room temperature can add considerably to the weight extracted, but yield significantly less after winterization.

cannakis

cannakis

As I recall the 21.6% was God Bud, extracted in two separate washes for a cancer patient, so as to end up with two products, and I don't remember what the 28.1% was, as it was grown by a local doctor and my SPR partner was extracting and formulating for him.

One consideration, is how much of the extracted weight is plant waxes and other non targeted elements. A long deep soak at room temperature can add considerably to the weight extracted, but yield significantly less after winterization.
Gotcha. Yeah I'm not even getting into winterizing yet. Need every last drop I can get. Thanks for the help

Top Bottom