Fleas around Plants

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

So im a little worried. i got some beautiful doggies and sometimes we get a small flea problem around the house and with the dogs, nothing extremely unusual though.

but recently i found a bunch running around my grow area and was wondering if i have a huge issue on my hands or what? and what is a good solution to use for general bug control indoors? i heard neem oil? idk though, sorry if this is in the wrong area, im a NEWB.

M

Motherhugger

So im a little worried. i got some beautiful doggies and sometimes we get a small flea problem around the house and with the dogs, nothing extremely unusual though.

but recently i found a bunch running around my grow area and was wondering if i have a huge issue on my hands or what? and what is a good solution to use for general bug control indoors? i heard neem oil? idk though, sorry if this is in the wrong area, im a NEWB.

Neem oil is a good idea.

Here's the recipe I've used:

You can use neem oil for fleas on dogs and cats, and you can use it on plants, so I'm sure you can use it for both. Heck, spray your dog. It smells really bad, but it does work for fleas.

Also, fleas like dark and warm places, so they might be in your growing medium. Not quite sure what you're growing in, but hopefully it's new and not reused stuff.

If things don't improve, then you might need to treat your dogs and then switch out your growing medium to start over without fleas.

:fixed:

P

PRODUCT

neem won't work

i had the same problem.. i had a bunch of kitties and they kept getting fleas and getting fleas for a few days until i figured out where it was coming from

a pile of leaves.... cleaned up the leaves.. they went away

clean your yard up.. .put a layer of mulch maybe

B

Backward_Z

It wouldn't hurt to frontline or advantix your dogs, either.

H

hbstoner

get your dogs on sentinel and use capstar if you ever see any flees on them. both my dogs have been on these for 2-3 years and i never find flee's. sentinel also protects dogs from heartworms.. good stuff!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
another benefit of using frontline, advantage etc is it turns your dog or cat into a walking flea trap

H

hbstoner

another benefit of using frontline, advantage etc is it turns your dog or cat into a walking flea trap

Problem with those topical flee treatments is that they come off easy.. including onto your hands. So make sure you dont put your hand around your mouth after petting a dog with frontline/advantage on them

J

jakew215

thanks fro the replies guys. but i do give the dogs regular flea treatments, i use bio spot shampoo and those 50 dollar flea drops every month, the dogs dont really have fleas anymore. very rarely do i find them on them, they are just everywhere else down stairs. it actually seems like they have gone away the past few days but have been seeing earwigs (pincher bugs) here and there now. im like AHHHHH i hate this basement!

new room next crop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom