Flex arm for USB microscope

• Thread starter deborahmarie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deborahmarie

deborahmarie

I purchased my first USB microscope, and after learning the technology it required for set up 😆, I can now use it.

Except…I can’t hold it steady.

Something with a flex arm to attach to the tent poles and to the microscope would be perfect.

Does anyone have advice on this?

Thanks!

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I purchased my first USB microscope, and after learning the technology it required for set up 😆, I can now use it.

Except…I can’t hold it steady.

Something with a flex arm to attach to the tent poles and to the microscope would be perfect.

Does anyone have advice on this?

Thanks!

I think you’re going about this he wrong way. I’ve attempted to do what you are trying and you’re not going to get the image quality you want.

You need to use a proper stand like this $20 unit, if you want to get the full potential out of your scope and look at good quality images of your trichomes.

Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base Stand

Link: https://a.co/d/7XpQp1K

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

If you are trying to look at the plants while they are in your tent, try using a microphone stand. The USB microscope I use fits right in the holder for the microphone and holds things steady to get some good looks.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

If you are trying to look at the plants while they are in your tent, try using a microphone stand. The USB microscope I use fits right in the holder for the microphone and holds things steady to get some good looks.
I am fairly certain he’s going to struggle if he doesn’t have a mount that allows fine adjustment like the one I suggested. It has multiple points of adjustment to get a near perfect image.

When you’re zoomed in 200x on something; the slightest movement you may not even be able to detect with your eyes, is going to degrade your image quality.

How do you plan on holding the bud on your plant perfectly still? You have fans, extraction, you’re not going to be able to hold perfectly still. That’s exactly the reason why you have to cut it off.

Take a sample, look at it under the microscope, draw your conclusions, let it dry, then smoke it.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I am fairly certain he’s going to struggle if he doesn’t have a mount that allows fine adjustment like the one I suggested. It has multiple points of adjustment to get a near perfect image.

When you’re zoomed in 200x on something; the slightest movement you may not even be able to detect with your eyes, is going to degrade your image quality.

How do you plan on holding the bud on your plant perfectly still? You have fans, extraction, you’re not going to be able to hold perfectly still. That’s exactly the reason why you have to cut it off.

Take a sample, look at it under the microscope, draw your conclusions, let it dry, then smoke it.
I hear what you are saying for sure bro. For me, I just didn't like cutting anything off every time I needed to take a closer look. My microscope came with a desktop stand and that would work well but I don't like taking cuttings like that. I don't struggle at all to get things still using the stand. I just turn off fans for a few minutes, everything calms down, and I can get some good looks and photos if I want them. Here is a photo, one of many, I have taken with this setup.

Trichs

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I hear what you are saying for sure bro. For me, I just didn't like cutting anything off every time I needed to take a closer look. My microscope came with a desktop stand and that would work well but I don't like taking cuttings like that. I don't struggle at all to get things still using the stand. I just turn off fans for a few minutes, everything calms down, and I can get some good looks and photos if I want them. Here is a photo, one of many, I have taken with this setup.

View attachment 1297322

Damn that’s a great image.

Since you’re able to do that while it’s on the plant, then you’re doing it right!

Something I didn’t consider, was mine has the Monitor attached to the microscope, making it heavy/cumbersome. I bet the style without the viewing monitors built-in would work great for Your suggestion.

The microphone stand seems like the best option for looking at it while it’s on the plant. I like it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think you’re going about this he wrong way. I’ve attempted to do what you are trying and you’re not going to get the image quality you want.

You need to use a proper stand like this $20 unit, if you want to get the full potential out of your scope and look at good quality images of your trichomes.

Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base Stand

Link: https://a.co/d/7XpQp1K
Thats the one they sent me free after a amzon review, the one it came with is useless. I clip a bud and take it to my desk with the scope stable. then up down does most of the focusing and just fine tuning with the side dial....it works great I paid about $35 for it

Top Bottom