Flip.....Flop.....sketch factor?

• Thread starter surfguy1936
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

surfguy1936

Hey so what do you guys think is running your lights 24/7 sketch for a house or warehouse.

G

goleboy

nothing is sketch if the bill is paid on tie every time...no exceptions...late one time and they got a reason to look at you...DONT le it happen.

G

goleboy

nothing is sketch if the bill is paid on tie every time...no exceptions...late one time and they got a reason to look at you...DONT le it happen.

S

surfguy1936

well i dont really think its sketch for house, but i have a warehouse, and when i set up the electricty, they asked specifics of times id b at the time and amount of electricty i would use and times of day

Z

zoeronerer

power bills in an industrial situation are rarely trouble.... just get a kiln or an arc welder and stick it by the front door if your that worried about it....

but seriously its ok ...just relax.. they want to sell u the power ... they love it

R

RMCG

well i dont really think its sketch for house, but i have a warehouse, and when i set up the electricty, they asked specifics of times id b at the time and amount of electricty i would use and times of day

That's because Industrial/Commercial have different rates(seasonal, times of day), etc.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

would running 100,000 kw + per hour for a commercial location be sketchy ??

Olyver

Olyver

That's alot of power, do you have natural gas at your greenhouse location. I would run half off an NG generator, a 50 to 75KW unit, pretty good units for sale on Ebay, and reasonably priced.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

for sure ill make sure i do some research on that .... thanx for the info Olyver

D

DrGoodMeds

The Flipbox looks okay but they don't make it for multiple ballast. I would assume most people most people running a flip would be using more than one light... Plus, if you're going to spend $150 on the FB why not just get another ballast?

Check out the Electroyield Flip Flop, I found this last night. You can run up to 16 lamps with 8 ballasts. With an MSRP of $500 it's a lot better bang for the buck!

You are right about the reliability factor on these things. I spoke with my Hydro guy today and he said the contacts they use in these things are junk. He claims they get burnt on the ends and cannot be cleaned. They do have warranties tho...

Prolly just better to get the guy DD recommends to build you a custom flip. His setups look heavy duty, but expensive too. I am starting to thing you are better off just getting a ballast for each light???

Now I'm just more confused. Anyone have a better idea?

DGM

M

mcattak

The Flipbox looks okay but they don't make it for multiple ballast. I would assume most people most people running a flip would be using more than one light... Plus, if you're going to spend $150 on the FB why not just get another ballast?

Check out the Electroyield Flip Flop, I found this last night. You can run up to 16 lamps with 8 ballasts. With an MSRP of $500 it's a lot better bang for the buck!

You are right about the reliability factor on these things. I spoke with my Hydro guy today and he said the contacts they use in these things are junk. He claims they get burnt on the ends and cannot be cleaned. They do have warranties tho...

Prolly just better to get the guy DD recommends to build you a custom flip. His setups look heavy duty, but expensive too. I am starting to thing you are better off just getting a ballast for each light???

Now I'm just more confused. Anyone have a better idea?

DGM

The flip flop is not where you want to save $$$...No best bang for the buck...

Not just a ballast for each light but another timer and wiring...Making sure all those lights don't accidentally come on at the same time...BAD if you only have a certain amount of power...

mc

M

mcattak

If you are concerned you could call the electric company and tell them your usage is changing..

mc

I_Against_I

I_Against_I

take photos I wanna see a 100,000 kw + per hour grow. an good luck friend.

Top Bottom