Flip to flower question from first time grower

• Thread starter dray451
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dray451

First grow. Bubba kush feminized photo, day 55 from germ. Promix hp, perlite, ewc and Gaia green all purpose and bloom. Some gypsum and Epsom salt. Tap water with pH range 5.8 to 7.
2 x 2 x 72 ac infinity tent kit ( inline fan, Clip fan, extra fan on floor, 69 Bluetooth controller, ac infinity led light 100 watt). Light is 24 in from plants and has 1 foot above light for raising before filter/inline are in the way. Images included.

My question is I need to be on a plane Sept 10 ( 25th wedding anniversary so non negotiable lol - today is June 24) Seed company says 8- 8.5 weeks flower. My calculations are if I flip by July 10 and flower 8 weeks i should be able to cut about Sept 1 and hopefully dry before getting on plane ( have a friend willing to help me with drying and cure process of im gone)
As a complete newbie and I might be naive to curveballs that may arise , does this sound like a plan. Or should I veg longer and have someone water while I'm gone for 2 weeks and come home and harvest?I think I would rather reduce yield and have time for trichomes to darken up ? I lost my first two grow attempts and that has caused my deadline. Thanks for reading and any advice.

Flip to flower question from first time grower
Flip to flower question from first time grower 2
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I would flip a week earlier to give them 9 weeks at least before you chop. They usually always go longer than breeder says.
They already look to be a decent size so they should do well.
My advise would be to start top dressing as soon as you flip to flower. I find they run out of steam in first few weeks of flower due to the thatch if I don't top dress as soon as I flip with 4-4-4.

D

dray451

I would flip a week earlier to give them 9 weeks at least before you chop. They usually always go longer than breeder says.
They already look to be a decent size so they should do well.
My advise would be to start top dressing as soon as you flip to flower. I find they run out of steam in first few weeks of flower due to the thatch if I don't top dress as soon as I flip with 4-4-4.
Thanks for reply. I was going to top dress 1 week before flip with 50/50 all purpose and bloom. You suggest top dressing at flip and you would go with just all purpose ( 4 4 4 )?

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Thanks for reply. I was going to top dress 1 week before flip with 50/50 all purpose and bloom. You suggest top dressing at flip and you would go with just all purpose ( 4 4 4 )?
I would do just 4-4-4 first then on second top dress do the 50/50

Latest posts

Top Bottom