Flipbox DPC 7500

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I'm looking into this product for a garage setup and was wondering it says that the powerbox DPC7500 can run 6k in lights at 240v thru a 30 amp circuit or dryer outlet, is this true and is this safe? because I know an average kW ballast pulls around 5 amps and your only suppose to use 75 percent of a circuits load and 6 throws me directly at 30, is there a certain ballast that goes hand and hand with this unit or is it compatible with every ballast magnetic or digital. Thanks y'all

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I'm looking into this product for a garage setup and was wondering it says that the powerbox DPC7500 can run 6k in lights at 240v thru a 30 amp circuit or dryer outlet, is this true and is this safe? because I know an average kW ballast pulls around 5 amps and your only suppose to use 75 percent of a circuits load and 6 throws me directly at 30, is there a certain ballast that goes hand and hand with this unit or is it compatible with every ballast magnetic or digital. Thanks y'all

I have the DPC-15000 td and I know it has it's own 50amp breaker in it and you can run a full 50 off of it. I do have it hooked up to a 60 amp breaker in my sub panel. I do know that powerbox is very good and has the best internal parts. I love it!! Very happy. Make sure to get a deal on it.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I heard it doesn't work with certain ballasts tho has anyone heard of this, because I hve 6 galaxy digital ballasts ready to go

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I got the same one bro well 2 of those and they work great i thought the same thing but hooked it up to a 30 and works fine i only run 4 k though but its built like a take the timer is the shit you have to go online to get the directions IMOP its the best out there did you get the plug in or the wire in??

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Oh i use quantum because thats what they recommend but you should be fine

P

PuraVida305

I think you will be ok ...it"s the flipbox that is ballast sensitive...I run quantums and the units work great :yes

C

Comercial

No surge.

Your right that this puts you right at 30, Only thing is that the amps drop, and since your running 24hr's there is no amp surge. You can always throw in a 40 amp breaker if it makes you feel better. But I bet your going to be good to go.

-Comercial

P

PuraVida305

I have dpc 15000"s and when you power up the the ballast's they start drawing slow so the amps on the amp meter go up slowly.... I've never seen the "spike"or "surge" people talk about with the digitals i have... Now when the AC's come on everything dims.

B

billybadazz

I ran 6k on the dpc7500 for a year no problem (2 lumateks 4 galaxy's) never a problem. Plus I think it's 3.7 amps per 1k when running 240 so 3.7 x 6=22.2 amps which =73.99% of your 30 amp load. Make sense? -BB

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

if you are running galaxys then you have to have a 10 minute off time where neither room is on of you will blow bulbs. SO basically you run room A from 6:05 am to 5:55 pm, then you run room b from 6:05 pm to 5:55 am. So the power to all of your ballasts needs to be off when the flip box flips or you will blow bulbs and have misfires like crazy. That being said if you havent used the galaxys take em back and get Solis tek if you want digis that run with the flip box.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Homies right! /\/\/\, I'm also a huge fan of Solis Tek, and Powerbox and Solis tek work seamlessly together!

I also noticed this from your last room build,powerbox used to recommend quantums but the new solistek staggered start up is very cool,4 1ks are on order now!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i helped a buddy set up 30 amp breaker 10 gauge wire 6 quantums at 240 I think they are 4.2 amps each.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Okay, so maybe I'm just archaic here, but I stuck with my magnetic ballasts specifically so I wouldn't have toruble with a flipbox. Am I out to lunch here? How much power and/or lumens am I actually leaving on the table?

M

MTgrower

I don't run a flip box, but I use the DPC 7500 with Phantom ballasts and have never had a problem.

Z

Zensai

I'm sure its been posted on here before, but the wire and the breakers are designed to be ran at full capacity. In most cases the wire will run at dbl the rating. But for safety reasons you are not to load them past the rated values. With that said, electricians will tell you that if you install a 30a breaker, and wire. You can draw all 30a without an issue as the overhead is already accounted for.

Top Bottom