flipping to flower

• Thread starter kushjunky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushjunky

Been vegging 2 months. Going to switch to 12 12 here in a day or 2. I set up net today and topped yesterday. My plan is to give 24 hrs of.dark before flower and right now I am rurunning happy frog in 7g pots. I'm wondering when and how often I should start bottle nutes and use them. I got a part a and b advanced nutrients. Also anything else important I should be doing before making another change -kush j.

Flipping to flower
dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

If you just topped I would wait a few days if not more before you flower. Just to give some of that veg growth to branch out a little more since you topped off. maybe some cal/mg if needed? advanced should have fert schedules on their website. keep it simple

K

kushjunky

OK th
If you just topped I would wait a few days if not more before you flower. Just to give some of that veg growth to branch out a little more since you topped off. maybe some cal/mg if needed? advanced should have fert schedules on their website. keep it simple

OK thanks! Figured out my feeding schedule and I'm going to wait a week for flower. As for watering goes right now I'm just giving them enough water to moisten soil. Maybe 30 to 40 oz per 7g per day. When I'm feeding them with the nutes should I maintain same amount or put more since tthere only getting once a week

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

One of the easiest ways to tell if you need to water or not is by the lifting the container and checking the weight. 7gal container is a lot but if possible you could fill a additional 7gal with dry dirt out of the bag so you can compare he the weights of the two. You shouldn't have to water a plant (in veg) in a 7 gal container everyday. How long have they been in the 7 gal? it really depends on your environmental conditions and age. maybe every 5-7 days again im guessing?? If your observing your plant daily. Its unlikely that you will kill it by under watering.

Last edited:
K

kushjunky

One of the easiest ways to tell if you need to water or not is by the lifting the container and checking the weight. 7gal container is a lot but if possible you could fill a additional 7gal with dry dirt out of the bag so you can compare he the weights of the two. You shouldn't have to water a plant (in veg) in a 7 gal container everyday. How long have they been in the 7 gal? it really depends on your environmental conditions and age. maybe every 5-7 days again im guessing?? If your observing your plant daily. Its unlikely that you will kill it by under watering.

Ben in seven gallon 2 3 days before that they were in 2 gallons. My question was more wit the nutrients so if I am giving the m bottles once a week I will just water mid week if they seem dry. I usually watered til Lil water came out the holes n just averages that amount every day. If u think it's better to water em once or 2 times a week with more and wait for them to dry I may change the way I'm doing it

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Water thoroughly with approx 20% runoff then let dry then water again. As far as Nutes follow instructions maybe try 1/2 strength and fert every watering. Look for changes in the plant. if needed adjust accordingly .

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Ben in seven gallon 2 3 days before that they were in 2 gallons. My question was more wit the nutrients so if I am giving the m bottles once a week I will just water mid week if they seem dry. I usually watered til Lil water came out the holes n just averages that amount every day. If u think it's better to water em once or 2 times a week with more and wait for them to dry I may change the way I'm doing it
I'd also go easy on the nutes and ferts. You'll learn a lot though as you learn how they affect your plants. After spending years with different ferts, I finally started treating the roots right, got my lighting correct and now just use veganic compost tea. The gnarly bloom boosters, etc. all freak the plants out pretty hard. They definitely force them to put on more bud sites, but as far as bud weight and resin, it's all in how you light the plant, not what you fertilize with. Keep HIDs on them and water every 2-3 days during veg or until the plants are about 18 inches high, then watch for them to start drying out faster. Too much water is your enemy and WILL stunt growth. It's your enemy!!! Good luck bud!

Latest posts

Top Bottom