Flir?

• Thread starter thcnology
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thcnology

Hey guys, is this FLIR, a camera, or just a searchlight, I've seen this Whirly around here a few times?

Whirly
T

thcnology

Is there some way to just insert it (as opposed to attaching) to make it bigger?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
upload to the gallery or use an outside link

T

thcnology

well its in my gallery, then I click on the...

[Click here to add images from your Photogallery to your post]

from there how do I upload it to the post, it keeps just taking me to the gallery page?

T

thcnology

This is weird, I'm on the reply screen, I click on the link to upload images from my gallery, that brings up a new window (my gallery), when i click on the image to add it to my post, my reply screen navigates away to the Gallery page and nothing happens?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
thcn, I've had mixed results posting images in the quick reply section, but everything seems to work smooth if I add pics after click the "Go Advanced" button below first.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
German copter with flir:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMMK3P8dYIo[/YOUTUBE]

T

thcnology

Well Hereisssh, just aint working, maybe there is some lag between when I upload it to the gallery before I can post it? Anyhow I believe that German chopper has some military grade version FLIR... that dome shaped thing? And then the other thing thats attached to the other side is either a camera or a spotlight? Anyhow, the latter is whats on this whirly, (I think you should actually be able to see it now in my gallery) but I was still wondering, or if anybody new if there were cheaper civilian/police versions out there, or if this could be a combo FLIR/Camera, cuz of course that would be no good. Does Flir have to be in one of those domes? I already looked up the N-number, so I know who it's registered to, but that only leaves me with more questions now that I know who he works for. Obviously, I'm hoping its merely a spotlight....and not one of these flyin pigs.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
That's def military grade in the Germna vid. I think only the 360 degree ones are in the domes. I'll check your gallery but I'm not pretending to be an expert or anything.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Hard to tell with so many models and mounting positions but it certainly could be. It looks ancient compared to other pics as it's certainly not the 360 variety.

Google images:

T

thcnology

False Alarm?

With the thcnology around nowadays you just never know...but

here you go...Bell 407 fully Equipped...the one in the front is def the one to watch out for.

and the object in question...

now doesn't concern me a bit:dance

Whew! Time for a beer, thanks hererisssh!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
cheers mate, enjoy a pint for me.

I'm always freaking out on the helis. :headbang

C

cell

Although a debatable movie, never get busted discusses some insight on flir and its detection.

S

Silica

A police chopper came over my house this morning flying slow and low above my house, turned around and went back!

Im not even growing jeez. what do you guys think? ive had quite a few choppers do this to me over the last ten years when i used to grow but think ill never get a chance to do it again even though ive had no criminal charges.

K

Kalcu

A flir isn't that great for finding weed unless they are searching at night or you have a major heat leak in your house........still hard to prove that it is from grow lights or that your growing illegal things.

They don't see through walls and pot doesn't magically stand out. I've heard that when people water pot outside and the areas around are dry, that then things stand out more.......but it isn't really a huge change to justify the cost alone for just weed/illegal crops.

I saw a heli today too, I don't know who it was. They were flying away but it wasn't a military heli and it didn't look like the DEA heli from the past. One of those black ones today.............a little early to find plants anyhow.

Top Bottom