flo gro yields truth or hype?

• Thread starter momstheword
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

momstheword

i have heard awesome yields can be obtained using the flo gro 500 with hydro leca pebbles and wondered if any farmers could give me their thoughts.i am predominantly a soil kind of guy,and have been satisfied by ok yields of sweet earthy pot for a long time.i love the taste of pot grown as mother nature intended but am now finding myself in a situation where 1 large plant is the only option.ive grown hydro before,on pebbles,i have a truncheon,and hydro feed.im a competent grower so under a 600w in a homebox what kind of yield could i hope for is the question...thanks folks:sun

N

nog

hi mums, i too have been a soil person by preference, but on occasion have switched to hydro for one reason or another, a couple of years ago i got plagued with fungus gnats couldnt get rid so switched to hydro for a few crops, i went back to soil and touch wood they havent returned. plus i have nowhere to dump used soil anymore so i am thinking of switching back to hydro: what is flo grow 500???? is it a dwc system?? if it is under a 600watt, if hight is not an issue, then you could get maybe 400 - 500 grams dry. it depends on a lot of variables though; strain, nutes etc etc, good luck anyway, let us know how you get on.

M

momstheword

flo gro is a drip feed sytem,i estimate the 'pot' is capable of holding about 12l of pebbles,quite shallow,rectangular, sitting atop the nutrient reservoir.i believe it can be used as an ebb and flood system too.i think its nutriculture that manufacture it.its a very simple sytem.....but i wonder if such a large plant may end up crushing its own roots in hydro leca(ive heard fishermans tales of 30 oz dry trimmed weight yields are well achievable)i still havent reached 1g per watt of light in 12 or more years of horticultural pursuits and now i read that 2g per watt of light is possible????surely not?

S

stlsoldier531

file_25_1.jpg

This is a similar system almost identical to the Flo Gro...If they can support a Banana tree, then I am pretty sure that a cannabis plant wouldn't be a problem...a banana tree weighs more than 30 Oz...

When I saw this picture I was sold on the top flooding, self contained ebb & Flow systems...I am for sure going to invest in one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom