B

blahman

35 pot flood and drain system,
ph 5.5
ppm 430
air temp 85
water temp 70
flooding every 4 hours for 30 mins

At first I had a nitrogen overdose at a ppm of 550, I was using sensi grow a&b, h&g root excelurator, b52 and superthrive. The growth was very dark green and extremely bushy with slow and brown root growth. I dropped the ppm to 290 it seemed to help temporary.

Just changed the water today. I've added 350ppm worth of sensi grow and calmax. The ppm totals at 450. I'm hoping this helps. These things have been vegging for over a month with very very slow root growth. I don't want to flip them to flower with these awful roots.

I've never had a issue like this before. This is my first hydro grow with sensi.

Flood and drain buckets and sensi issues
Flood and drain buckets and sensi issues 2
Flood and drain buckets and sensi issues 3
nuttso

nuttso

are u using co2 qith air temp 85? Ever tried to flood them 20 min?

B

blahman

No i'm not using c02, in the middle of installing a ac unit so its been a little hot in the room. 85 is the max at the end of the day though. I don't think its the temp causing the issue though. It existed when I was running a couple less lights with a temp of 75-80.

B

blahman

Another thing I should mention. The water in my rez is slightly cloudy even after a water change. I can barely see a pump at the bottom of the rez.

nuttso

nuttso

just saw on their new website that they recommend voodoo with sensi grow. I assume u use rootex instead of voodo. Hmm let's see what other peeps think about this. I'll look a bit around too.

nuttso

nuttso

you are working with tap water? U said u only got this after u switched, so u worked earlier with the same water right? Serouisly them roots don't look good for a month veg. Maybe something changed with your water. maybe u got a bad sensi bottle. Tried to ask AN?

B

blahman

I use RO water, the ppm is very low 10-20ppm. So I doubt anything has changed with the water. I'm thinking its either something growing in my water, bacteria etc or like you said a bad bottle of Sensi.

nuttso

nuttso

hmm...

ro
ph 5.5
ppm 430
air temp 85
water temp 70
flooding every 4 hours for 30 mins
sensi
h&g root excelurator
b52
superthrive

sounds all good to me.

If i find some info i'll pass it. Otherwise if u find a solution tell us what kind of a problem it was.

nuttso

nuttso

got two other questions. what ph tester are u using? when was the last time u calibrated your ph tester?

B

blahman

My hanna meter is out of service, waiting for a new probe to come. 8-10 week wait.

nuttso

nuttso

i already saw your posts at another site. ask them what they think about test kits and hydro.

B

blahman

lol, yes my hanna meter's ph probe died on me and i'm waiting for another in the mail. So yes i'm using a fuckin test kit. I've used them on side of my hanna meter before and they are pretty darn close.

nuttso

nuttso

hmm. i swear i can't tell with my eye and a slightly different color that i got an 5.5 ph. never. Even a good ph meter needs to be calibrated daily. so if u are sure this is not the problem i'm loosing my ideas.

B

blahman

Yes it is a pita to tell the color sometimes. But from comparing the colors to my hanna meter i can pretty much tell how close I am. I will borrow a friends ph meter tmrw to double check just to be sure.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Are you using any microbials? I found using mycho's along with humic/fulvic acids really help root production.

Good Luck

B

blahman

Just found some slimy roots on one plant. I think i'm going to add some h202. If its 30% 2ml per Gal??

B

blahman

After digging around the roots of every plant it seems as I do in fact have a root rot. Brown roots pull apart very easily and have a strong "potatoe" smell. I'm hoping since this hasn't drastically taken out all root growth I might have a chance to save this. I know worst case I can transfer the plants to soil.

I had this years ago in a dwc and dipped the plant in a stronger h202 solution and soaked the tub in h202 as well and cleared it up. Also I ran h202 in the rez for quite some time to keep it away. But.. I have no clue what I used for strengths since it was so long ago.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use 4ml/gal 0f 35% to knock something down. I would run some physan 20 through after this run JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom