flood and drain setup

• Thread starter lollipopman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lollipopman

lollipopman

I'm about to change my setup to 5-3x3 flood and drains, what Ive seen people use is hydroton or rockwool cubes in the tray cant i just get a 3x3 sheet of abs plastic cut holes in for 3" net cups for a lid over the tray, that way i don't use a bunch of hydroton or cubes?

R

Rolln J

I use gallon grow bags with hydroton - stil uses more then youd think once you line the tray with an inch or two...

Im not sold on the hrydroton - thinking maybe of going back to rockwool - 6 inchers, but am still trying to decide if I want to go back to top feed or flood...

then theres coco, and them smart bags look like they could work nicely.

I need another grow or 2 so I can run through all this shit I want to try.

billopuffalot

billopuffalot

u need something for the roots to colonise in
hydroton is reusable
i have 2 sets of hydroton
whilst 1 is in table the other is soaking being preped for next table
i use jiffys and plant direct into hydroton
1000w hps yield between 500 to 700 grams dry
all the best
bil

lollipopman

lollipopman

this is what i was looking for.....that way i dont have a big mess at the end of my cycle...

Net wall
lollipopman

lollipopman

what would be a good Reservoir size for a 3x3 table? i was thinking a 50gal ...

lollipopman

lollipopman

i was going to get that net lid that holds 24 5.5" net cups with hydroton veg for 2 weeks and do just tops...

R

Rolln J

ok thats what that is - cant zoom in on the pic - that may be kinda small pots for ebb/flow - isnt that lid usually used for NFT setups?

lollipopman

lollipopman

no it just came out for the 3x3 flood and drain,

M

Mindbender

24 pots in a 3x3 tray, tha's going to be really crowded. I grew 16 Purple Kush girls in a 4x4 tray in rockwool and that was crowded.

Good Luck!

lollipopman

lollipopman

just going for the main tops thats it..any thing else is for hash and oil

R

realtalk

the more you crowd the less light under the toppers.. unless you want just toppers.

O

ogluver

hydroton on the bottom of the tray works well for many. makes it hard to move, rearrange, plants if needed

Top Bottom