Flood Drain bucketsys. Water at bottem/root problem. Any fix?

• Thread starter Nobodynobody
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

MultiflowAni.gif

I just got done with my 1st round using the ebb and gro bucket system with 6x6x6 rockwool. I normaly use expandable clay; however, cleaning times is BS IMO just to use the dirty new balls!

When I 1st was placing the rockwool in the buckets, I could not help but to see the 1/2 water at the bottom. I thought a little because the hugo block would be fully under water too on a Flood cycle. I place 4 golf balls to float the block in air so it was not in the water! Later I made 9" black and white block covers, to not let the hugo get green and to keep any dead leafs out of the system that could clog the pump.

Fed once a day witch, Not sure if I under water them for being 13week veg and 9 weeks of bloom times. By the END to clean up. I removed the block covers I made. Saw nothing but roots where the water was. 1st was impress to see a mate of root. Then had to rip them apart threw the inner net pot. Then same thing; however, a bigger thicker set of roots witch was trying to clog the 1/2" Tee. Most impressive part was I had to Dig for those golf balls out of the roots. (witch makes me wonder how golf balls/marbles/bioballs with bucketcovers would do for replacing clay balls)

The roots that was in the Bottom of the bucket was also Black in large areas. It made my room smell BAD. I did use 50% h202 and place exactly what the bottle directed. Changed cims out ever week besides doing 1 day flood with h2o.

I am needing some pointer before start my next round. I would use tables but my rooms are less then 6ft in height, so the system works great for low pro.

Top Bottom