Floor fans for big UC plants?

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

My plants are getting so big that I've begun considering floor fans. I currently have 7-8 fans, apps 2/per wall in each room, set just above the top of the canopy. All plants are in 60" tomato cages. Thoughts on adding floor fans or fan alignment?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I run floor fans down my rows.. The girls like the wind user their skirts...

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Not to much wind tho....it'll beat them up. Remember they'll take in air on the bottom of leafs so a light breeze passing under the canopy is ideal...$.02

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I try to keep air moving gently, constantly, and in different direction in my garden.

outwest

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Get some rigid ducting, like 6" or 8" and run it down the length of the floorboards on the wall, attach a inline fan to one end, cap the other, and cut a few 4" holes in the rigid with snips or a hole saw so that the air is shooting out 90 degrees to your rigid blowing accross the floor or up under your canopy or wherever. You can put your inlet from outside the space or put your inlet duct on the opposite side of the room and get the cyclonic action goin

Tex

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Yep...Lowes has some white drain pipe with a bunch of holes in it. They got 6" diameter 10' lengths for $6-8 cheap . Just plug the end an feed with a decent fan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom