Flora Nova Feeding schedule...need help please read ....

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

ok growers so i have a question... so its week 4 today and they only had 1/4tsp of floranova grow before they went into flower. they had kelp meal once in flower (someone said to dont use kelp meal?) anyways since its week 4 already how should i schedule my feeding? and how should i measure it? because if i give them a good dosage id only be able to feed prob 2times before harvest.

is there any way i can give them low doses of bloom every week to make up for whta they missed??? thanks

and if i burned my plant 1 week before flower when should i feed again?

X

Xceptional

if you have FN Bloom 5ml/gal that's the "lucas formula". search for it to find more info. you cant make up for you can repair damage but not make up lost time when you only have so much time before a plant is ready for harvest.

are these outdoors in the ground? your post is missing mad info how can you only feed 2 times in 4 weeks unless we assume you are outdoors.

T

theslums

im growng indoors. 7different strains. i gove them 1/4tsp neuts today didnt wanna riks it. and can i feed them every week if give them low dose?? and will feeding them onl y2times in flower do any good? thanks

C

cheyenne

i figure i feed about 17 times on a 63 day flower cycle....as always ymmv....

T

theslums

how do u do that cheyenne?? could i giv e them a low dose every week like that?

C

cheyenne

how do u do that cheyenne?? could i giv e them a low dose every week like that?

um, mix it up in a water can and apply? No really, like i said YMMV (your mileage may vary). theres just too many variables between what we as individuals are doing. Im dealing with 4'x4' nute whore bushes pre stretch....theyll finish out around 8' long spread under the screen. Im just a fan of really feeding plants but i know not everyone is. My clones in cups will get 400ppm, thru veg in 2gal grow bags up to 1100ppm and flower up to 1700ppm....every watering which is every 3 days generally....well i do step it back down the last few weeks before i do a final flush.
I dont know buddy, how big are your plants? like i said man, i finish some big ol bushes in 5 gal grow bags and light them up. I really like the floranova line up, plus a few other things...the calmag (recent, before we were using the FN nectar for our mag) and the dark energy and its done us well. We def took our time and played around with a bunch of dif formulas with it over a year or two and found this here works for us really well. regardless you can certainly feed them some more!

T

theslums

there in 5gal pots. 1 is a little over 3ft with about a centimeter wide trunk. ak47 is about 32ich tall and had a real thick stalk too. the blue cheese and super lemon haze are bout the same but there trunk isnt as think but its very solid. blue cheese is looking greener from the burn so i didnt wanna feed it. should i??

T

theslums

im growing 7differnt strains so i kinda gotta watch what im foing and take down notes. like i said chey im tryna be the best grower in michigan

C

cheyenne

Word man, your doing alright. Got any pics? Are you working from seeds or have you got some nice clones to work with yet? Everything is going to be different for each one which you already know. The thing is is really in a 5 gal bag your roots are just going to wipe out every last nutrient in the base soil really quickly so you have to keep feeding them...unless your doing a TLO in which case throw everything ive said out the window.
Just snapped this pic a few minutes ago. day i think 42 of 63. this is a very bottom branch 4-5 feet below what would be the apex....
We pretty much found that we could not burn the plants using the recomended dosages on the bottles...1/2 - 1tsp young plants, 1-2 tsp mid growth, 2-3 tsp late veg....even with the other foods.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

It seems like you are way underfeeding. I water 2 or 3 times a week during flower and use 5ml GH flora grow, 10ml micro, 15ml bloom, 10ml nova and 10 ml kool bloom per gallon every watering, no plain water, until 10-14 day flush with plain water. I am in week 4 now in 3 gallon containers and trunks are more like 5cm and I am not even the best grower in my neighborhood. You stated that 1 of your plants has about a cm wide stalk and ur ak47 has a real thick stalk too. That is far from real thick in week 4. Start feeding and feed hard until the last week and a half if you even want to be the 3rd from the worst grower in michigan for now and work up from there.

C

cheyenne

damn and schultzy is throwing in even more then me.
last night i watered with 10ml FN bloom, 10ml koolbloom, 5ml calmag, 1tsp dark energy, 1tsp to 5gal floralicious plus, 1tsp h2o2, and 5ml floranectar...every 3rd day...

T

theslums

my mistake there a 3/4 thick trunk and im prob under-feeding i kno but im cautious. when can i feed again?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
feeding rate

See you mentioned your pot size.
What type of medium are you using? Soil coco? fox farm, happy frog, roots?

Here is an example feeding scenario. Gotta vary it for your medium and strains.

If using a soil with nutes (like fox farm ocean forest) I would start feeding after 4-6 weeks.

Monday = Water with ph'd water (use calmg if using r/o water)
Tueday = (optional: foliar feeding if before week 3 of flower)
Wednesday - Lift pot. Is it light? or soil still damp? if light feed.
Thursday = nothing. pot is still wet damp
Friday = Lift pot. Is it light? or soil still damp? if light water like you did on monday
Saturday = nothing. pot is still wet damp
Sunday = Lift pot. Is it light? or soil still damp? if so feed

Then just keep repeating. Get the picture?

That is feeding about 2x a week 600-800ppm each time. (12-1600 ppm in a week) Some strains can take more some can take less. ALso depends on the size of the plant. (lots of factors)

I also build up with levels of food. Week 3-4 and you want to make them buds grow and start pumping the nutes
Week 1 800ppm
Week 2 900ppm
Week 3 1000ppm
week 4 1000ppm
Week 5 1000ppm
Week 6 1000ppm
Week 7 1000ppm
Week 8 500ppm
Week 9 water only 7-10 days then harvest

Another person I know just feed 1200 1x a week then water the rest of the week.

I look at it like this. Lets say your hungry and you eat a huge meal. The food isnt going to digest as well and your going to feel bloated, :)

so instead it is better to eat several small meal throughout the day. your never get hungry and your body digest the food well. Kinda same with cars too much gas and it get flooded, the right amount and your golden.

Plants work the same way. feed em too much and they burn just the right amount and they do well.

I used flora nova with floralicious, koolbloom (liquid and powder)and hygrozyme for my first grow.

First time I feed, I burned the leaves by using the dosage on the bottle. Once I got a ppm meter It helped out alot.

I also grew plant in fox farm ocean forest and never gave it any food. Turned out it had really good taste but did not yield as well as the ones I fed.

long post, but hope that info make sense. And also helps you to help determine what works best for your scenario.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

my mistake there a 3/4 thick trunk and im prob under-feeding i kno but im cautious. when can i feed again?

Every watering til flush and feed hard since you're behind. Forget the slow build up, they're starving. 3/4" is still only 2cm. And you need to add more then nova and kelp. At the crunch you're in, MG would be better then 1/4tsp nova and kelp. Get a decent 3 part at least (may as well get the GH grow, micro and bloom since you already have the nova and read the bottles if you can't find time to read a book or threads. If you have and won't have more then the nova and kelp, you should at least go 20-30ml of the nova every watering til flush. You're so far behind I would forget the flush and feed til chop and deal with the taste.

T

theslums

20-30ml of bloom??? so i should feed them every week? next imte ill double the dose and so forth. i appreciate everyones input.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Holy shit those are hot numbers for running FN Bloom. I use between 3-5mls/gallon of that stuff (in coco, gotta feed daily in coco).

T

theslums

Holy shit those are hot numbers for running FN Bloom. I use between 3-5mls/gallon of that stuff (in coco, gotta feed daily in coco).
ha i kno right unless u were talkin bout every10-20 gal

and my medium is pro mix #4

Top Bottom