Flora Nova Modified Big Ricky Style

• Thread starter cubby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cubby

cubby

First- Amend Sunshine #4(my preference) with about 1 to 1 1/2 cu ft of worm casts per bale, and about half that amount of perlite. If you have gypsum left from mixing outdoor supersoil, mix in about a cup for the bale. Use a couple of handfulls of dolomite lime, if you've got it- if not, no worries. 

I also like to introduce some fungi at transplant, Plant Success or whatever endo/ecto mycorrhizae you have/like.

1) Flower: alternate feeding 5ml/gal GH Flora Nova Bloom and 2ml ProTekt (or silica blast) one watering;Next watering, 1 Tablespoon either- Fox Farm Big Bloom OR Neptune's Harvest Fish and Kelp (you'll have to order NH off the internet if you go that route) . Occasionally, the plants will loook like they are getting too much N- just drop the NOVA down to 3ml/gal if that is the case. Stop feeding the Flora nova at week 8 on a 10 week strain, feed only the organic stuff alternating with water the last weeks.

Veg: Use Flora Nova Grow @ 3ml per gallon, and ProTekt (optional) at 2-3ml per gal.

You can use simple worm tea at any point in the process. I really like to make alfalfa tea for veg plants, but never use it in flower.

You should not Have to add anything to that. Stay away from boosters for at least the first flower cycle with this, all the nutrients you need for a killer harvest should be present with just what is here.

Bloom boosters are for chumps.. trust me. It's all about balanced, moderate nutrition and a dialed environment. Boosters, etc., are almost always a waste, if you are using a properly balanced nutrient regimen. There are a few things I have tried that work, but 'bloom boosters' usually just make for some harsh smoking shit.

If you want a real effective- and pretty cheap-bloom booster, try topdressing your plants with High P bat guano in week 4-5. Just once is all you need, I generally use 1/4 cup per plant and scratch it in to the surface of the soil.

Less is more- especially when it comes to being able to easily diagnose nute problems... it's like the express checkout, but it's like 5 items or less. LOL.

Check this chart out... kind of interesting, although it's done on corn, not cannabis- it reflects my experience of what happens with feeding- too much, decent yeild but lower quality- too little feed, shit yield- somewhere in the middle- perfect. Keep in mind, all of us growing cannabis are AT LEAST in the "luxury" zone... most are excessive, in my experience.
Flora nova  modified big ricky style

Food for thought, anyway. The other reason I don't use boosters, is that unless I am using a 100% inorganic nutrient salt fertilizer program (which I never do- there are always some organics and I try to make a good environment for beneficial bacteria and fungi)-the super salty, hotness of what essentially is just a bunch of PK, just murders the bacteria and nematodes in the soil, and I end up with issues.

Who else is taking advantage to this method?
do you use Foxfarm, or Neptune's Harvest? or both?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've run the Big Ricky, but it wasn't quite like what you're showing, but it worked GREAT. I also misread the instructions for the FF BB, and gave the girls 15mls/gallon, IIRC it was originally supposed to be much juicier, around 30mls/gal FF BB. I ended up sticking with the 15mls because it actually acted a bit like a soft flush. I ended up having to drop the FNB to 2mls/gal, 5 was WAY too hot.

It was during my second run doing the Big Ricky that I started separating out Ca from Mg (using coir as my media), and I learned that The White (aka Triangle Kush?) isn't a Cal-Mag whore, she's a Ca whore.

I still keep FF BB on my shelves, but I have a gallon and a half of FNB I haven't used in a few years now. I'm sure it's still good, but haven't wanted to use it since going all organic. That fear of killing what I'm cultivating, I know you can dig that. So, you've had pretty good results using microbes with the Big Ricky, and that's encouraging! Kinda makes me think about giving that a try again (indoors, once I figure out what the problem is with PG&E).

S

stive951

my girlfriend brought home a sample of the compost, buffalo shit, kelp and mycos. the container is pretty cool- it's a tin can with latching plastic lid. it doesn't smell like buffalo shit tho , it's smells nice.:D

cubby

cubby

Thanks guys im really excited for this up and coming grow.
Hopefully it will aid in my canopy collapsing! :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A note: Wear clothing you don't mind getting stained when working with this stuff. Fair warning! ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Floranova Bloom. It's very dark, almost black, and the stains don't come out.

D

Danknitty1

Hi everyone. I am a old grower back from the dead. I'm pretty sure you guys don't know me but my buddies have had some posts from my results. I am a true believer that less is better. Fnv and fnb are very excellent nutts. They are both very forgiving. I'm using it indoors with promix and outdoors in my slightly modified soil. People might say organics don't produce as much as chemicle nutts but I beg to differ. Where I grow its a pretty short season and I got six ft trees using veg with some trace elements nutts. People are going to think I'm crazy but I've been growing for about 20yrs off and on and I'm doing my own exspariments now. When I use fn veg I use a little of heavy 16 roots, and prime, with half strength fnveg. Mix in water seperatly with fn being last. The roots helps the roots be able to eat much more and itit keeps the plant from locking up in any way and the prime produces a crap load of branches and the fnveg makes then grow literally right after feeding about 2 or 3 inches in every direction in a day I swear. U just have to go light on the trace elements.I do this as well indoors and my girls are supper happy. I might ad a little calmag once in a while cause some of my strains or calmag whores. The secret is the roots from heavy 16. It keeps the roots from locking and make all nutts available. It's magic. I use tap water cause I have a well. And it works great. Now with fnb its quit simple really. U can use this all the way through also during veg but my grow season is pretty short so I use fnv always for veg. But with the bloom u can grow supper nice stuff by its self or u can use a little boster in the middle of flowering. I started with cool bloom as a trace element mid flower but I found a secret weapon that's at least three times better. Heavy 16 fire.all I'm going to say is Holly sh.. I use about half the recommended doses for outside and a bit less then the full nutt max indoors. All u need for bloom is fire and nothingmore. Simple and effective. I flush about once every two wks with mollasas and then behind that half strength nutts. The only thing to be careful about is the pH indoors and out. With this method indoors all around like the pH right at 6.0 to6.2.fn takes care of that perfectly. But u deff have to watch out for the pH outdoors cause fn bring it down and so does heavy 16. So u might have to bump the pH up a little. For out doors I like 6.7ph. It's about perfect. This is just a simple way of growing moster high times buds efficiently and easy. If anyone is interested in knowing how to grow indoors without ever flushing and feeding every watering with this stuff let me now. And I would love some input on what I wrote. I've gone through UPS and downs growing but this way is a no brainer. Look forward to replies

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Big ricky aka cornbread is over at the canna cabana. @Seamaiden hey there i thought flora nova bloom was white in color not dark?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, he was at the Cabana last time I was there. And no, FNB is DARK. I would think it's due to the amount of humic acid they've got in it.

S

Seed Buyer

I ran the Nova for years and yes the humics will get everywhere! I have felt that is been inconsistent over the past year, and having Ca issues. I have moved on as I am over the mess, over the GH sell out and back on to cleaner mineral formulas (Cutting Edge Solutions).

Latest posts

Top Bottom