Floraflex manifold spitting air bad

• Thread starter Feggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Feggy

I am running a floraflex system now instead of the bucket company. I have three bubblers (manifolds) in a line and at the end I have a raised aav valve

The problem I am having is the first bubbler is spitting air and jerking around pretty bad.

I figured the easiest way is to look at the pics, the pump
I have is leader 1/2hp eco jet
The bubblers have to inserts in them that allow most flow (forget the colour)

I have a ball valve above the top of the resovoir that is partially open at all times, this controlled siphoning and pressure when I had bucket company setup

If anyone can take a look and offer their opinion, I would appreciate it
Floraflex manifold spitting air bad
Floraflex manifold spitting air bad 2
Floraflex manifold spitting air bad 3

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Are they brand new or have you clean them out?

I run into the same issues just one or two tubes wont water but the other 6 on the head do. Its wild. It gets clogged up. Air bubble or something.

F

Feggy

Are they brand new or have you clean them out?

I run into the same issues just one or two tubes wont water but the other 6 on the head do. Its wild. It gets clogged up. Air bubble or something.
Few months old now, but they did it from the start. I’ve even changed to tubing and likes to clean it out, but never saw anything in there

F

Feggy

Update-problem solved but new siphoning problem
I shut the ball valve on top of the resovoir that I used to control pressure and everything worked fine, except now with it being closed I am getting siphoning.

It’s not in the picture but I have a bucket with a floraflex aav valve that’s higher than the manifolds. It doesn’t do anything the way I had I set up, I guess the air was coming out the first bubbler. There was never any water that splashed out

I was thinking of a few ideas, would a pvc check valve right after pump work, would that be enough to keep flap shut, some have minimum operation psi of 2 or 5 psi

or what if I put the floraflex aav valve first inside the tent, before the bubbler and left the ball valve over resovoir open a bit

The last solution would be to re-plumb it in a different way, I’m open to suggestions
Would this work (see pic)

Sorry for being so long winded lol
F2516709 12E6 480B A28E 9A08498983C5

CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

the way you got your configuration set up is wrong.🤓

F

Feggy

This isn’t how it is, it’s just a proposed version. Right now it’s currently like the first three pics that started the thread. Just looking for ways to simplicity it’s (I already have a new motorized ball valve, and was going to put that on timer to control water to the pump/hydrotronic. I’m just no sure that if opening valve will be enough pressure to start pump.

Top Bottom