Floramite anyone?

• Thread starter manicgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
qupee

qupee

Nope. Mites wont build up a tolerance to Azamax/Azatrol.

Would you mind elaborating on why you believe that is true?

It seems there is an awful lot of people saying the contrary, whereas I've seen very few people claiming that they won't build tolerance.

I understand Azadirachtin is a complex chemical, and the few people who have said mites won't build resistance mention it's mode of action, but without any supporting detail. Just wondering if you can illuminate the issue further.

If I recall correctly, Azamax must contact the mite directly, making Azamax less effective as an overall treatment, as it is difficult to hit every mite with spray (they hide everywhere ugh).

There was a product called Stirrup M. It's some sort of mite pheromone like stuff, to attract the mites to the freshly applied spray (whatever it may be, whether Azamax or Avid + some other ovicide). Unfortunately, Stirrup M is no longer registered for use in North America.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It's a molting and reproductive inhibitor. Breaks the life cycle of the bugs. Also an anti feedant so they starve to death. Deters them from feeding on your plants. If they do they die. Will not kill the eggs hence the reapplication. They say a minimum of 21 days to work.

The tolerance thing comes from them directly and from what i have seen using it for a year and a half plus. Trust me at almost 400 bucks for a gallon I would be the first to knock this product if it wasnt true. Do I have any scientific studies to back that up? No. I also havent seen any disproving it.

" As a molting inhibitor, it prevents insect larvae from developing into adults. Insects will feed less or not at all on treated foliage, ultimately starving to death, they will also fail to mature and reproduce. This complexity also makes it impossible for an insect's resistance to develop"

That all i can really find on the resistance issue.

S

SSHZ

Lots of jumping around........ confused now exactly what item each of you is talking about.

When I find eggs on the bottom of leaves, I've been pinching the infected leaves off the plant. This alone will greatly reduce the oncoming population. Plants/buds may be smaller but at least their healthy.

No pest strips don't work for shit and it is very unhealthy to inhale the vapor. Azamax and Dr. Doom bombs seem to have helped the most for me, alternating them....

Venom818

Venom818

lol im kinda new to forums so i always forget to check the date

no worries i just messing with you welcome to the farm if you want to get rid of mites nothing works better than floramite.I alternate so they dont become immune thse cali mites are little bastards that wont die so i hit floramite,avid,forbid atomic bomb those bitches

420bliss

420bliss

no worries i just messing with you welcome to the farm if you want to get rid of mites nothing works better than floramite.I alternate so they dont become immune thse cali mites are little bastards that wont die so i hit floramite,avid,forbid atomic bomb those bitches

ya i was told by a good buddy(who is a master gardener) to use floromite and avid alternating every three days. i just used flormite, spraying every three days and have not had mites sense.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Your luck will run out one day soon when you find you have brought home a mite strain that is imune to florimite. I had them and had to switch up between several other products. So far it has worked and I have not had a mite infestation in over 2 years. Never spray the same product twice in a row and Ideally never on the same crop twice. Best of luck

Top Bottom