Floramite with 8.5pH - Did I screw myself?

• Thread starter hockeyfrk5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hockeyfrk5

Well, the title basically explains it. I have tried everything to kill my mites, and I bit the bullet and bought the strong stuff.

I used 1/2tsp of Floramite and 1/2tsp of Eagle 20 in a gallon of water with a wetting agent and hosed down my 2500 sq ft room. Thing is, I forgot to pH it down to 6.0. The Floramite instructions says that it risks instability with high pH. My water is around 8.5. Did I screw myself with this spray?

aleYarok

aleYarok

ph and respray.... make sure the water isnt too hot or too cold also... forget the right temp.

aleYarok

aleYarok

Isn't that too much floramite for the plants to handle?
i have no idea, read the instructions on dosage.
when you buy an oz from joedoe on ebay it comes with a crappy manual usually. look up the label online.

and yeah like mother said no reason to use eagle in the same application. do it one at a time. and no wetting agent.

M

mrbong73

Some info on Floramite:

Floramite 2SC
Formerly sold by Chemtura but soon to be marketed through OHP for use on all greenhouse, nursery and landscape ornamentals, and greenhouse tomatoes, the active ingredient, bifenazate, in some studies shows good selectivity against spider mites (e.g. twospotted, southern red, spruce) and compatibility with predatory mites. It carries a CAUTION label and 12 hour re-entry for greenhouse and nursery use. It has been very
effective in several trials against twospotted and other mite species such as spruce spider mite, primarily targeting active stages (immatures and adults) but also has some ovicidal effect. It is not effective against broad, cyclamen, flat and rust (eriophyid) mites. Bifenazate belongs to the carbazate class, a new group. Plant safety has been very good with this material. In several trials we have seen long-residual control, at least four weeks, on indoor potted roses infested with twospotted spider mites. EPA has classed this as a ‘reduced-risk’ material for use on ornamentals.
Floramite is rapidly degraded in alkaline solutions, so spray water should be adjusted to pH 7.0 or lower for best results.
Good coverage where mites are present is also important.

Not sure why this is in the organic forum though.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
^^^^Not sure why this is in the organic forum though. LOL

Confu

M

MIway

I would be worried about nuking them by adding eagle 20 to the floramite

They are compatible... could even toss avid & heritage in there to make a real cocktail... lol... but the plants will take it, assuming all other precautions are taken.

The real worry is exposure from the application... did they completely cover themselves? Wear chem resistant gloves? Shut down all the fans to avoid blow back? Wear tight sealing goggles & chemical respirators? Shut the lights off at application? Properly ensured no skin exposures at mix & clean up?

If you can smell it... you are getting exposure. And that doesn't count the microscopic drops that hit & become absorbed through the skin... or eyes... or mouth... over & over & over again, at each application...

Top Bottom