Floranova formula for coco?

• Thread starter xxYIKESxx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xxYIKESxx

Shup Shup folks...

I'm about to set up my next grow that will be utilizing coco as the growing medium...thing is...I absolutely have no experience in coco or soil

I will be using smart pots as the containers in an ebb/flow system with Floranova as the base nutrient

Anyone know a Floranova bloom formula specifically made for coco?I've read somewhere that coco should be treated like hydro with constant feedings...

please....need...help....:poolparty

B

boxmunch9

works great in coco, add some cal mag, you wont really need to flush much in ebb&flow but it doesnt hurt every 2wks

P

pigfarmer

I've ran the Floranova Bloom & cal-mag combo with good results in both VEG & Flower. If your after that clean burning doubledank, I'd maybe consider switchin up to sumthin with less Nitrogen for the latter weeks of flower.

Good luck, how ever u elect to skin the cat :damnhippie:

S

sativablast

im currently running 50/50 coco/perlite with sensi 2 part
nutes, shud i be using calmag or epsom salts at the moment everything seems healthy 2 weeks into veg or so.

Im interested in trying GH flora nova as well in my coco mix but ive read that its thick sludgy and cause problems and salt build ups, and that 3 part GH is better????

H

Hash Man

i have been slamming my ladies in coco with 4ml fng/gal, 4ml fnb/gal, 1ml floraliscious plus/gal, 5 ml florablend/gal, 5 ml floranectar/gallon... lol, plus i just bought an automister, soi have been feeding folia with spray and grow and bills perfect fertalizer and diamond nectar. they have really taken off compared to when i was not slamming them...

X

xxYIKESxx

What is the exact formula w/Floranova? Is it 5ml per gallon for veg and 8ml for flowering? Same as with any hydro method or do I dilute it because coco retains more water/nutrients?

B

boxmunch9

I got by tsp per gallon, I usally start with 1tsp per gall and work up to close to 2tsp. i hit close to 2000ppm and never have a problem. I give just water a couple times a harvest, i also do a 2week water flush and then and extra 4days of nothing, the girls taste great so clean and smooth

X

xxYIKESxx

I'm now supplementing with Calmag...I'm seeing spotting on the leaves after 2 weeks. It seems the naturally high potassium in coco is stunting my plants, giving me short internodes which I don't mind.

S

stone69

Hey Yike's... I'm gonna mix my FFOF with coco and chunky perlite and feed with the Nova nute's only when they look like they need it, I didnt think you had to add cal-mag...

true grit

true grit

Yeah I'm in FFOF w/pearlite now but plan on switching over to Coco with the next set of beans... and just so happens I have a bottle of FloraNova Bloom from my first grow that never got used. Sadly though after posting here and reading Pigfarmers thread, I'm not so sure the FN Bloom nutes are gonna be a good route, didn't sound like they faired so well for him. Only read about 5 pages in but by then it appeared his FNBloom/cal mag regimen got ditched. Maybe he'll chime in as well...

S

stone69

FoxFarm recommends staying with their nute's...(of course) but I guess it probably makes sense.. Thanks True Grit... but what about mixing?....

true grit

true grit

Mixing of the FFOF and Coco? I've heard of this too, but everyone who gives coco a run seems to fall in love with it. I still have a bag or so of FFOF and nutes so I will continue to run those, maybe I can pick up some canna and nutes and do a side by side with the All Star Testers that should arrive soon (or at least a back to back run FF w/nutes vs. Canna w/nutes...back to back probably more likely).... Either way I want to keep it simple, hence asking about using the Floranova Bloom and just changin EC for whole grow. But even a Canna A & B with some cal-mag should be as simple as the FF regimen with BB, TB and Cal-mag.

We shall see but all this coco talk has me intrigued....plus running same size bushes in 2 gal pots is much more space/water efficient than same bushes in 5 gal soil...

P

pigfarmer

I can personally guarantee without a doubt you will have better success by using the coco 100% & leaving out the FFOF. IMO mixing things with coco other then perlite is only going to lead you into a PH battle down the road.

FloraNova works great on coco, the only thing I don't like with it is the amount of Nitrogen it contains. I'd use it till about day 30 of bloom & switch to sumthing that contains ZERO nitrogen. You will get a proper fade using this technique. I like to use it in early bloom, I ditch it after I get a good heavy budset tho due to all that Nitrogen.

I hafta add Cal-mag to my Nova but I'm using R/0 water.

Good luck fellas! :character0180:

true grit

true grit

So you don't have any issues using it through veg at all? I have some FloraNova Bloom and wouldn't mind the extra nitrogen to help out with heavy training.

And I'm gonna run with your advice of full Coco in the summer for sure (plan to ditch the FFOF if results are solid enough), sounds very logical to me and I'm gonna bite on the inch or two of perlite at the base too- looked to be working very well on the your Snowdawgs!

Have you worked with any of the A&B formulas for coco? I try to keep the regimen as simple as possible to avoid unnecessary variables and let me learn the plants since I'll be running several different strains.

P

pigfarmer

Nah, not at all, the Bloom has more then enuff N to support a strong veg.

I don't like using products that come in A&B formulas & have never tried them b4.. IMO they don't allow you to control individual Nutrient amounts thru the grow like other nutrients do.

X

xxYIKESxx

I'm adding Floralicious Plus for the needed N during vegging, which I feel is necessary since coco naturally contains P/K. Certain nutrients can be locked out due to imbalances...so I add supplements. I might switch to coco specific nutes in the future though...

jcmn2020

jcmn2020

Hello all first time posting šŸ˜œ
Anyway. Iā€™m a new grower and have read many threads here and all of you are great.
my first full grow was very successful!
I use coco and perlite only as my medium. I use floranova as my nutrients. I have a schedule that I ā€œkindaā€ go by.
I use cal mag only in the beginning to bump it some but then stop using it.
my first grow which was Blue Dream was awesome. I usually pushed my plant to the point of burning the tips then backed off. It was an 8 week flower. Plant went from 6.5ā€ to 39.5 in the first 3 weeks of flower and then stopped. I think the max I got to with my ppm was 15-1600 using RO water. The one thing I didnā€™t do was a 2 week flush which I am going to do on this new grow. Plant smells tastes and smokes great.
I highly recommend the floranova coco mix.
pics of BD attached and new northern skunk plants using the same nutrients.
I will say that I do think there is a bit extra N in the bloom phase as I can see it in the leaves. Last 4 pics are of the NS
Sorry the images are sideways šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
17C7DE9C AB16 436D B719 2A850DA5F60E
AE5A2ABC D835 49ED 9705 C60616C4A79C
683D6266 2D1A 440B B6BE F47F8585E402
C0092ECD 8E56 48DF B166 2B287B9E35EF
EE7835E5 FE4F 4434 9C68 AAE227737459
05F0E2BA 054D 4690 B7D2 F02C99D06A31
84536EC0 7D24 472F B155 779E9E7AFBEC
9A9E5D38 A424 4438 B71D A135D2C33D82
8625C6CD CAA1 4318 85A0 6198FC74B513

Latest posts

Top Bottom