floranova to H&G back to floranova

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I have been using floranova for 2yrs plus, I also use floralicous plus, koolbloom liquid and dry, cal-mag.

but last harvest i switch to H&G, the full line up. I have been growing the same bubbakush for nearly 2yrs now, so i know exactly how the plant fattens up and whatnot, this harvest was noticably smaller, matured about a week slower too. I was so excited to try the H&G line but I was super dissapointed.

I will continue to use the drip clean and magic green as a foliar.

B

barneyfife

well 1 round my not have been enough to dial in your new nutes.
give alittle learning curve when you start a new nute line up.

just a thougth as ive never used either of those. been using botanicare for years.
but general hydros new line general organics has me very interested.

one other thing if it anit broke dont fix it thats a big part of why i have a hard time leaving what works for me lol.

M

mrdizzle

I followed the directions on the bottle exactly, from what i hear the H&G line is one of the only nutes that can be added at full strenght. aint broke dont fix it should have been the title of this thread. dont get me wrong, the buds look great but I know what they should be size wise, also the smell was majorly lacking

B

barneyfife

sorry to hear that brah but atleast you got a decent harvest.
hope all is good now that you swichted back.

weird thing is alot of growers on here seem to praise the H&G products.

M

mrdizzle

I I heard amazing things about this shooting powder but i didnt notice a thing after using it. when I used kool-bloom dry within 3days I could see the swell. We'll see come final weight time

G

GroHi

Gave the Aqua Flakes a good 2 year run... liked it. However, I'm back to the basics as well... flora, not the nova.

Best I found w the AF was a max mix rate of 950 total, certain strains to 1050, nothing higher & this included all the add's. This is lower than the recommended label- plants did not like it & yield inevitably suffered. Wasn't until the 3rd crop that I had it fig out. Stick w it as it is a good line, but you will need to "learn" the quirks, just as with ANY line you settle upon. Flora is great as well, just different.

Also don't recommend the whole "line-up", or for any company's full line for that matter. The base AF is solid, as is the Multizym. Didn't switch to any of their other products, though tinkered. Go w a "basic" bloom booster program such as Koolbloom, Big Bud or Bloombastic. Using the Top Booster & Shooting Powder are tricky to dial in to a specific plant... not the easiest of products to use. Peace.

S

superswmper2012

H&G plus bloomers

I love using the H&G, shooting powder is great, my jamacian grape grew a whole new layer on entire buds, buds were already wayy bigger than my romulanXF.I. strain, rom.x F.I. grew new buds out of existing buds though and mabye doubled, they finish alright and get my 2 oz per plant stadium. I use H&G line plus bud blood first week, big bud week 2-end of 4, then H&G top booster and bud xlfor 3 days, then bud xl for 3 days, then H&G line with bud xl and shooting powder and roots excellerator again at half amount i used to spare it more. then I am about to use kool loom powder ripening for last 4 days before flush =ing 7 days. I used shooting powder for 2 and a half weeks at quarter amount because the repipe quide is retarded. Anyways had great results with S powder, extra big new growth everywhere, different noticments of different srains I bet, I had way more new bud, entire coating on jamacian grape strain. I want to use koolbloom for 4 days then flush to send more ripening right before flushing, which also will stim. ripening. Cheers hope it helps, H&G is great, mix A, wait 15 mins, mix B wait 15 mins, PH differs by plant specifics, 6.1-6.3 then add additives, it doesn't need adjustment after ever. 5.8 then additives then shooting powder, has to be lower than PH of 6 if using shooting powder, will kill of microbes and things if at 6 or higher. Hope I was of some help. I havn't tried H&G without my usual bud blood, big bud and I don't think i would, if it aint broke don't fix it. Cheers

M

Mmmmasonite

Yeah ...you really have to make sure you use H&G correctly when it comes to the Top Booster and Shooting Powder...I like to add in some Big Bud weeks 2-5 just to give them a little boost and a sweetener will work hand in hand with the Bud XL to improve the taste..Bud XL uses an enzymatic process to extract the sugars your sweeteners add and puts them into the bud....Peace and good luck

Top Bottom