• Tagged users None
Ooopsi

Ooopsi

My very first try at mainlining.
Aim: 8 (huuuuuuge) tops *ggg*
Strain: DNA Florida Lemons (fem.)
400W MH for now
Biobizz nutrients & soil

(Sidenote: still got 2 autos in flower in my box. Royal AK47 & Creamatic. Week 3.
The Creamatic seems to love the blue spectrum. Seems like there's more trichs than usual. Might be the strain as well or whatever... Need to stick to blue anyways until I flip the Lemon. FL has priority in the box)

Did do:
- started in 1L airpots with Biobizz Lightmix. Damn... first time trying them. Nice rootball!!!
- fed her with root juice, algamic and a bit of bioheaven
- after 2 weeks I started feeding her with fishmix
- transplanted to 10L airpots with allmix but can't remember when exactly, might have been around node 3 fully formed
- didn't cut back on nutes so I burned them leaves just a bit
- backed the nutes, feeding root juice and algamic only
- let her grow till node 5
- topped to node 3
- folded the branches to form a T

(cool airpot trick: I just popped dowels into the upper holes of the airpot and pulled the strings through before fixing them. Makes tiny adjustments pretty easy. Images will follow soon. Babes are sleepy sleepy now...)

- up with the nutes, a little fishmix again, all good besides the old burns

And now I'm waiting for node 4 on each branch to fully grow.
The pot is being rotated from time to time.

I'm pretty much looking forward to this! It's only in the starting shoes but I feel like I'm gonna love the symmetrical and clean plant it's hopefully gonna be. Did bonsai once so this might be kinda similar except the bonsai doesn't taste that good... :party1:

Hope you're all well!!! Happy growing to everyone <3
Will be updating along the way ^^
Cheers :party1:

Florida lemons mainlining
Florida lemons mainlining 2
Florida lemons mainlining 3

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Looks lovely!

You will enjoy mainlining. Each stem will produce high quality buds since each one will have its own individual nutrient highway (big stems).

I am still curing my harvest and the wonderful smell makes me antsy wanting to smoke it. Turned out to be grade A fire by the looks and smell of it. Makes me want to mainline my plants every grow after seeing the results.

I am going to pull up a seat.
Good luck on your adventure!

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Thanks a lot guys!
Yeah, it's gonna be a real adventure this time. Actually I'm not that afraid of creating the main line. I'm more concerned about keeping the plant healthy through the entire vegging period. I often flipped them quite soon to avoid deficiencies but that will be a nogo this time... so I'm really praying for a happy plant... Well, let's see...
@rmoltis lol! yeah! that's always a PITA... but sounds great! Congrats man!
@scubascrog uh, okay... that's a lot indeed! Most I got from a single LST'd plant was about 2 and a half ounces and I already felt like that was pretty much. LOL! Nice job man!!!

Here's the picture of the 'dowel system' I'm using right now. So easy to adjust! Pull em out, adjust the strings, pop'em back in. Done!

P1020426

And a little update

P1020423
P1020425

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

You can remove all the foliage that's below last topped node to promote further growth.

View attachment 603012 View attachment 603013 View attachment 603014
Cool! Thanks a lot for the feedback!
In fact, I was wondering if I should leave them just a bit until I top her again not to shock her too much.
More leaves -> more sun panels -> more energy -> overall more growth VS. defoliation to promote certain areas
But then again, as this is my first try and a test somehow, I'll do what you say so I can see the result.
Thanks man! Very appreciated!!!

Toaster79

Toaster79

You don't have to worry much while in veg. This plants can take some serios abuse. I've been messing with mine plants in this run, loosing most of the foliage due to fuck ups and when I got them bach on track, the plant that took the most damage also bushed out the most.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

You don't have to worry much while in veg. This plants can take some serios abuse. I've been messing with mine plants in this run, loosing most of the foliage due to fuck ups and when I got them bach on track, the plant that took the most damage also bushed out the most.
Lol! Yeah that's true! Maybe I'm a bit to paranoid. LOL!
Funny thing is: similar thing happened to me as well. Last run I was doing some LST on an autoflower so I tried to bend the main stem just a bit more and then the freakin' thing just snapped in two. I took a 20 cm branch away. Split stock for real. I was like omg.. I fucked this one for good. Strangely this was the one that turned out best from both plants. More overall growth, more weight, more resin, much bushier than the other and overall much more productive... true!
Now I'm a bit reassured :cool:

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Oh G.... What a healthy looking garden! I was now searching for a single leaf that looks ill... no chance.. xD... Looking great!!! Looking forward to what comes out of there!
BTW: I just snipped off the rest ass well now hehe ;)

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Looking good, keep on top of `em. The majority of the work is in the vegging stage, then you can watch `em grow. My mainlining grow is slightly ahead of yours. I`m at the point of deciding when to switch to flowering mode (12/12) to sex `em and see how many males I get for pollen collection. Will pollinate a branch on several of the young ladies. Ain`t this fun ?

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Lol! Yeah that's true! Maybe I'm a bit to paranoid. LOL!
Funny thing is: similar thing happened to me as well. Last run I was doing some LST on an autoflower so I tried to bend the main stem just a bit more and then the freakin' thing just snapped in two. I took a 20 cm branch away. Split stock for real. I was like omg.. I fucked this one for good. Strangely this was the one that turned out best from both plants. More overall growth, more weight, more resin, much bushier than the other and overall much more productive... true!
Now I'm a bit reassured :cool:
You can save the broken branch. Repair with a straw splint, or tape it for a few days . It will knuckle up . Good luck and good vibes

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words guys!

Looking good, keep on top of `em. The majority of the work is in the vegging stage, then you can watch `em grow. My mainlining grow is slightly ahead of yours. I`m at the point of deciding when to switch to flowering mode (12/12) to sex `em and see how many males I get for pollen collection. Will pollinate a branch on several of the young ladies. Ain`t this fun ?
Yeah! Cool! Found it! Glad to see you're having a good time..hehe! Looking great!

Small update. Naked lady she is...

P1020432
P1020433

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

A bit OT... just being stoked about how well my Royal Creamatic is doing under blue spectrum...
Never had a plant producing that much sugar so early...
Might have burned the pistils a bit overnight so I backed up the light.. :/

P1020436

Last edited:
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Things be lookin` good. Watch out for that string cutting into the branches. I use the rubber coated wire, which is reusable on future grows.

north knect

north knect

Things be lookin` good. Watch out for that string cutting into the branches. I use the rubber coated wire, which is reusable on future grows.
I use the same wire and am loving it's ease..not to mention 1.25 at the buck store for like 12 feet..looking good @Ooopsi this is my second go at mainlining, got 16 tops now and sitting about 7"tall so far..she's Goin outside soon tho, should be a monster lol
20160527 145258
20160527 145429

Top Bottom