Florida Lemons Mainlining

• Thread starter Ooopsi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ooopsi

Ooopsi

@north knect holy cow... lol... Yeah, I bet she's gonna explode when taken outdoors. Looking awesome! Nice job on the star-shape!!!

And yeah, usually I use that same wire too but I ran out of it (last pieces were too short to re-use) and didn't have the time to get some new one so meanwhile I'm using this one. It doesn't cut into the branches for now as they are still quite soft and I bend and twist them manually from time to time, but I'll get some for the next branches. Thanks for the hint!

Here's what she looks like so far. I'll be waiting one or two more days so she can recover some more and then I'll top her again.

That greyish tint on the leaves comes from spraying the leaves with Better Organix Nano Breathe. Awesome product btw... @Ecompost <3

P1030015
P1030016
P1030017

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

i think i might even top again to 32 tops once outside since il have plenty of veg time still, topping will also help with the inevitable stretch when they first hit the sun..il tag ya @yooper420 when i start that thread for my outdoor ladies in the next few days
Well, good luck with that! *beastmode-on* ... :smoking:

@widman1620 thanks a lot my friend! Doing my best hehe!

Just came back from the store. Grabbed a 400W dual spectrum. Time to switch lights again ^^

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

New growth has been coming along pretty well.
However, I'll leave her to veg one more day so the branch can thicken up just a little bit more and the new shoots will have less problems starting. At least, I think so... :p
Bought new wire (The plastic green one...)
Installed the dual spectrum bulb 400w.
Still going 20/4.

Hoping my outdoor grow in the woods has survived the last 2 days. It doesn't stop raining like mad over here and some roads are already flooded... damn...

P1030018
P1030019
P1030020

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
i think i might even top again to 32 tops once outside since il have plenty of veg time still, topping will also help with the inevitable stretch when they first hit the sun..il tag ya @yooper420 when i start that thread for my outdoor ladies in the next few days

Sounds good to me. Will check that thread out when ya get it posted. Looking good, keep on top of `em.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Never heard the term mainlining but looks interesting. I'm locked in!
Hey there! Thanks for chiming in! Doing a mainline is a first timer for me as well so I hope it will turn out fine...
In fact it's nothing else than low stress training for your plants. Just google 'nugbuckets mainlining' and you'll find lots of information and step by step tutorials about it. The only difference to traditional LST is that you create all your heads from a single hub, se each head will receive about the same amount of energy. Hope this helps :)

north knect

north knect

Hey there! Thanks for chiming in! Doing a mainline is a first timer for me as well so I hope it will turn out fine...
In fact it's nothing else than low stress training for your plants. Just google 'nugbuckets mainlining' and you'll find lots of information and step by step tutorials about it. The only difference to traditional LST is that you create all your heads from a single hub, se each head will receive about the same amount of energy. Hope this helps :)
LST (low stress training) you dont top or pinch. you just tie down the main top, tricking the plant into thinking it doesnt have a main now which in turn sends a signal to the plants lower branches to take over, if done properly you can acheive many tops of one plant..i use LST on my autos so i dont have to slow down the plant from topping..heres a pic of when i first bend her over..and another to see how she turned out, i ended up with just over 2OZ's off this one autoflowering plant
20160313_113535-jpg.581646
20160318_184323-jpg.585017
20160318_183840-jpg.585018

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Ooooops... yes. @north knect is absolutely right!
@Redwood-roots no topping for lst... my bad. Was a bit in a rush when answering... sorry for the disinfo! My brain might have been on standby that moment hehe...
What I meant is: mainlining is: lst plus topping... (still sounds a bit off though..) sorry for the confusion! Just believe what he said ;)

Ecompost

Ecompost

@north knect holy cow... lol... Yeah, I bet she's gonna explode when taken outdoors. Looking awesome! Nice job on the star-shape!!!

And yeah, usually I use that same wire too but I ran out of it (last pieces were too short to re-use) and didn't have the time to get some new one so meanwhile I'm using this one. It doesn't cut into the branches for now as they are still quite soft and I bend and twist them manually from time to time, but I'll get some for the next branches. Thanks for the hint!

Here's what she looks like so far. I'll be waiting one or two more days so she can recover some more and then I'll top her again.

That greyish tint on the leaves comes from spraying the leaves with Better Organix Nano Breathe. Awesome product btw... @Ecompost <3

View attachment 604010 View attachment 604011 View attachment 604012
Thanks bro, I have a new Nano soil treatment which we will soon release also, small small pellets of organic nano milled NPK among other useful elements. Has some cool properties for maitaining pH levels around 6.0-6.2 specific for soil less, has many of the usual BOX Thiobacs' and Bennie Root Fungus, Yeasts, Algae, Actinos and so on

Ecompost

Ecompost

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Little update
New growth seems to be coming along fine.
Some light nute burn on the older fan leaves but nothing serious I guess.
Strapped the fan leaves down and attached the newer shoots to them to bend them down.
Getting trickier now... Hoping these stems and branches will be thickening up soon...

P1030032
P1030033
P1030034

@Ecompost Cool! I think I will finish my actual grows and when summer really kicks in I'll stop for a while because I can't manage the heat in here. Getting way to hot in my flat to continue. So, when I'll start again in autumn, I'll be ordering the whole line. I might drop BioBizz for good after that ;)
Thanks a lot for checking in! I was starting to get a bit worried because you were off for some time...
Glad to see you're fine! At least I hope so :)
Cheers!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Little update
New growth seems to be coming along fine.
Some light nute burn on the older fan leaves but nothing serious I guess.
Strapped the fan leaves down and attached the newer shoots to them to bend them down.
Getting trickier now... Hoping these stems and branches will be thickening up soon...

View attachment 605837 View attachment 605838 View attachment 605839

@Ecompost Cool! I think I will finish my actual grows and when summer really kicks in I'll stop for a while because I can't manage the heat in here. Getting way to hot in my flat to continue. So, when I'll start again in autumn, I'll be ordering the whole line. I might drop BioBizz for good after that ;)
Thanks a lot for checking in! I was starting to get a bit worried because you were off for some time...
Glad to see you're fine! At least I hope so :)
Cheers!
yeah all good mate. We have a growing list of stuff. Including lots of Amino Acids with single elements, so like a CaO, a MgO and FeO a B a Zn a Cu, Mn etc. One of the things that always bugs me about Organics is not being able to tinker with an element, so I have been fermenting single elements in Amino Acid complexes with relevant solubising microbes :-)
I am getting stuck with a wetter for now, but i am working on that with a third party, fingers crossed. The ones we use now have to be mixed and used, they arent suited for this project and of course it needs to be Organic or Bacterially activated for me :-)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Any updates @Ooopsi ?
Hope all is going well.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Heiaaaa :)
Yes, everything cool! I was in vacation for some time so I was off for some time.
Sorry for the wait and thanks a lot for asking!!! Much appreciated!!!
Meanwhile I'm at 8 tops. Lost LOTS of time playing around and waiting to top and cut foliage away.
Next time I'll be a bit rougher with that plant. They really seem to recover ultra fast.
New: the tomato ring. Fixed it to the pot so it's in one piece. Makes moving it easier.
Here's my last update:
P1030072

And here's the Royal Queen Seeds Creamatic I cut yesterday after a 2 day dark period. Smelling awesome!
P1030116

Thanks for checking in mates! Wishing you a wonderfull day!!!
I'll be checking my feed in the next days to see what you're cooking :smoking:
Cheers :party1:

P1030081
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Nice job on your manifolding/mainlining.

One thing that I personal wouldn't do is giving the plant supports. It weakens it by not sending nutes to strengthen up the branches. So they end up weak and floppy later on.

But if there is the stress of supporting it's own weight along with stiffening it's branches for wind. They will continue to beef up.

Our struggle of life is what makes us strong. Removing that struggle makes us weak, No reason to achieve.

The plants deal with manifolding very well. It's surprising how much they can take. And how fast they regenerate.

Nice to see your still around. Can't wait to see your results. Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom