Floromite and Avid application

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I was wondering if anyone uses Avid one day and floromite 3 days later(or so) in alternating applications, and how well it works. Or do you use Floromite 2-3 times, and then Avid or visaa(sp?) versa...My reasoning is to use one then the other so the mites don't develop a resistance..At least thats the hope both for my future, and others futures with the hellish war against mites...Also I plan on using predator mites after the 3 application. Which would be the first week of flowering. Any comments or ideas on that would be appreciated

P

pikes peak 69

If you put the predators in before you NEED them, they will control the mites.
Think preventive not reactive.

pp69

X

Xceptional

predator mites are useless IMO. from my extensive reading and recommendation from old skool growers who've been growing 30+ years, owned stores for over 20 and have degrees related to horticulture the amount of mites they can kill isnt high enough to justify using them because of the cost. idk i dont remember exact numbers but feel free to look them up but say they can kill 4 mites a day each and mites can lay 10 eggs a day you need 2.5 times the amount of predators as mites and at the cost of predators it's not worth it. also i blieve they die if they dont have a mite food source so putting them in your room as preventative is overkill.

i used floramite when i had a bad mite infestation on many many plants and one application killed them ALL not a sight since and it's been 2 months. i filled up my 2 gal pressurized sprayer i paid like $15 for at Wal Mart and just sprayed the underside of everything really well and issue solved.

Dr Doom (.4% Pyrethrum) , Pyrethrum TR green house bombs (4% Pyrethrum 10x the amount of Pyrethrum as Dr. Doom), AzaMax, SN17 (something like named like that it was a freebe) and none of them did the job that Floramite SC did i bought 1oz off ebay for $20.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

Floramite and Avid are the ONLY two solutions I would use for the spider mite.

I think your idea of using Avid and three days later using Floramite is a good one.

Make sure you get all three treatments in (3 days apart) or your bugs can start to develop resistance; but Floramite and Avid are the SHIT!!!!

Hope it Helps - Good Luck with your harvest!

SYK

N

nog

i tried a fewdifferent kinds of natural predator, and they do work under the right coonditions, but that is the problem, conditions are rarely ideal for the predators. i always get worse sm in budding because the rh is low and the sm transpire/sweat quicker and grow quicker, the predator mites can only be introduced once you have sm for them to feed on otherwise they eat each other and eventually starve.
they also like higher rh than the sm's which is a problem in the bud room because it might cause fungus and moulds on the buds. also ive found that they work better on long flowering strains, but they never get rid of all the sm.i also use sprays like neem oil and rosemary oil, they also work a bit but you never get all the sm. i now use hot shot no pest strips, they work.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Does Flor and Avid work well for fungus knats??? Don't have any right now and I'm always looking for something other than Azatrol and the like. I'd really like to find something that, in case a break out occured, I wouldn't have to bomb the place and I'd have confidence they'd ALL be eliminated.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
You should use one until they are dead and if or when they come back use the other. So treat with Floramite and then repeat 3 days later. The the next time use the Avid. This way you prevent resistance.

I think if you use Floramite and then 3 days later use Avid this would help them become resistant to each one since you just gave them a short exposure.

If you just keep using one every time you have mites they can eventually build up a resistance.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have both in my home but have never had the need to apply floramite twice, One complete drenching has always solved the problem. Floramite works long after applied. JK

S

SomeoneYouKnow

Avid good for Thrips and WhiteFly as well ?!!!

Found it out while reading this morning .....I did not know that!

http://www.syngentaprofessionalproducts.com/prodrender/index.aspx?prodid=733

This I did know - and have been looking for for the past half hour to share with you guys ->

Stirrup M $25.00 per 8oz

This extremely effective pheremone is a sexual attractant for red spider and two-spotted mites. Added to your miticide spray it attracts spider mites to the Avid or Kelthane, ensuring no escape for the little suckers! Rate: 1/4 teaspoon per gallon.

http://www.troybiosciences.com/product_plantProtection_stirrupM.asp

Hope This Helps - SpiderMites SUCK !!

SYK

G

Green-Girl

I would spray the leaves with a little soap and water between the floromite and avid spraying so you don't have weird leaf mutations from the chemicals mixing. After you kill them spray again with soapy water. Then I would use rosemary oil mixed with water & little soap for a preventative spray. its the same thing as SNS-217 but 1/10th the costs. IMO you will go broke using SNS-217, its way overpriced for something so common as rosemary oil. But it works! Rosemary oil kills eggs and mites, thats why its so effective.

B

Bud Farmer

I've never used Avid... But I've used Floramite once and there was no need for a second aplication. Not yet anyway, it's been over a month and still NO signs of those little bastards!
Quite possibly the best money I've ever spent on the grow!

S

SomeoneYouKnow

When using Floramite, do you use it as a drench or a spray?....both??

Foliar Spray - make sure you coat the undersides of the leaves real good as well - get the plants soaking wet.

And try the Stirrup-M if you can find it.

I too have never needed to apply Floramite more than once.

Hope it Helps

SYK

D

dagobaker

predator mites DONT work for a perpetual system.......
ive spent 1k$
they did work amazingly well for my greenhouse though
i use
avid
floramite
forbid in conjuction (ive only used the avid and then i just ran the floramite and then ill run forbid last)
im using indicate 5 as well......its a spreader and ph adjuster (u want 4 to 5 ph for sprays and use asap)

F

farmerjohn

What is the easiest way to obtain Floromite without going online? Tractor Supply does not carry it. Out of options. Anyone know where I can find it or Avid @ a retail store?

S

Surfr

Only way is through Ebay.. I got mine in 2 days from them...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was wondering if anyone uses Avid one day and floromite 3 days later(or so) in alternating applications, and how well it works. Or do you use Floromite 2-3 times, and then Avid or visaa(sp?) versa...My reasoning is to use one then the other so the mites don't develop a resistance..At least thats the hope both for my future, and others futures with the hellish war against mites...Also I plan on using predator mites after the 3 application. Which would be the first week of flowering. Any comments or ideas on that would be appreciated
No, I complete one treatment cycle exactly to manufacturer's specs, which if I recall is something like a two week cycle. You need to read what the manufacturers have to say about these products, including the MSDS. They outline rather specifically how to use them and in conjunction with what and when. For instance, I have yet to read of anyone recommending how you're supposed to use a horticultural oil with many of these products, only dosages that they've used.

A single treatment cycle of Avid worked for me (in veg), along with raising the humidity, but it doesn't work for everyone. Single treatments of Floramite works for some, but not all. Same with Azatrol and Azamax. You should use at least two different products in rotation, in order to prevent building resistance, again according to the manufacturer's specifications, and they do address resistance issues.

Fortunately I've only ever had to deal with spider mites once. It's those damned fungus gnats that have me torqued. :dull

Top Bottom