Flouro lights for veg. room

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stone69

I have two 2 ft flourecent lights, my new one is a T-8 and my old one(that I still use until I can afford to get a better one) is a T-12...
I was wanting to know you guy's idea's on light bulbs... they don't sell many T-12 grow bulbs. I just need to go buy a couple at Lowe's or somewhere for now, but they have all kinds... Daylight, cool white, office light....

Any idea's or help would be awesome guy's thanks...:hi:

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I use cool whites for clones and small seedlings.

S

stone69

Thanks COS... T-12's sure seem "not very bright" but they seem to work pretty well. Have you had much luck with 'em?

S

snake383

i didnt have much luck with them, but if it aint broke dont fix it

S

stone69

Snake Bro! Thanks man.... yeah it works pretty good, just wanna get the best lights I can get for 'em... cheaply and temperately...

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Clones or seedlings 8"-10" or shorter will do fine under 4 of them, but any taller and they really should have more light. I actually use 4 footers. Invest in a HID when you can. Look around, they don't cost THAT much. Save your pennies. You'll want it for flowering.

S

stone69

I've got a 250 watt hps in my flower room, this is just my vege. and clone box....
I've got my eye on a 2 ft 4 light t-5 for it.... just dont have the cash just yet....

A

astartes

I gotta find the website again, but the cheapest I saw the 2 ft. 4 bulb t5 online was $105 + shipping. I'll add it in once I find it...

OK, I found the link. Looks like the price got raised up to $115, but still a great investment at a bargain basement price. You may want to just save up for the 4 footer. Only another $55 for twice the light. I started with one of the 2 footers and within a month I was back at the shop for another. May as well just get the 4 footer from the start and save yourself a good chunk of change in the long run.

a.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Stone, I'd rather spend $160 on the 400 watt switchable system from the same site.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

No, I was looking at the valueline. Not the best ever , but the ballasts have a 5 yr warranty, and can always be upgraded as you progress.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I don't like enclosed ballast lights. I want the heat from the ballast, outside the room.

S

stone69

Wow! Caress... that looks like a great light bro! Do you think MH is better than Flouro?...

S

stone69

Thanks Bro! How big of an area do you think a 400 would operate?

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

3x3 or smaller for flowering. I have good success using a 400w halide in a 4x4 homebox for mums,clones and vegging plants.

Top Bottom