FLowaMasta's Jack x Skunk 1 plant 600watt + UVB Monster scrog

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowamasta

flowamasta

Lookin Good Pav!!! I love me some Outdoor erbs!! You just can't beat the suns power! :)

I have my yield numbers..... a little dissapointing really, and way less than i first thought. Somewhere along the lines i didn't do something quite right, i think backing nutes off too early, she just didn;t bulk up properly and what i thought was there and enough for harvest shrunk considerably, so after freezing about 4 ounces of popcorn that i simply wouldn't consider smoking or showing for that matter!! as it got no light, and my poor management of spacing out the Colas has had an impact on my numbers.

Anyway, I got around 200-220 grams of medium small buds and around 240 grams of Big Colas, actually add another honest 40 grams to the big stuff as i helped a couple of mates out, all in all, not a massive loss, but no improvement from having the extra light. Harvesting this early has cost me many grams, but thats not what matters really, I got my lb....... JUST. The flowers that are ripe are plenty mature enough to satisfy most peoples highs.

Smoke report (true) to come...... still needs a few more days curing atleast. But WOW! what a splendid smell! so incredibly fruity! i was in heaven manicuring the cola tips.

SAM 8126
SAM 8127
SAM 8131
SAM 8132

flowamasta

flowamasta

Australia is the place to be ttystikk;)

Hey Flowa, Have you got another baby to put back in? Or are you putting all on hold for a while?
a small break is needed for me, I have some much needed rest :) I can keep Jack skunk growing, I have 3 mates growing her now and a new strain in the woodworks and if she pulls through healthy my mate has some males ready for pollinating. ;) I used a seed from over 10 maybe 15 years ago. I have good feelings.......

C

Chipper Pig

Oh well Flowa have a good rest mate. A little sad to see no more Jack cross, but very excited to see what you come up with next:) You might of lost a little more weight this time around, but the quality looks up there! And with the 4 oz of popcorn, i am sure that will get turned into something substantial!!! Take it easy Flowa.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Australia is the place to be ttystikk;)

Hey Flowa, Have you got another baby to put back in? Or are you putting all on hold for a while?

No worries, mate- you don't have to convince me! America is whack- I mean, people here actually vote FOR people trying to rob them! How else to explain Paul Ryan's popularity?

flowamasta

flowamasta

Oh well Flowa have a good rest mate. A little sad to see no more Jack cross, but very excited to see what you come up with next:) You might of lost a little more weight this time around, but the quality looks up there! And with the 4 oz of popcorn, i am sure that will get turned into something substantial!!! Take it easy Flowa.
Thanx chipper :) it was a big loss for me, but i haven't let it get me down, i will take measures and go back a little to how i 'was' managing feeds last round.. lesson learnt. But yes you are right, the quality is up there and beyond perhaps! i'm absolutely scattered lol i cannot focus my eyes i'm nearly dribbling and i let a fly sit on my lip long enough i could almost taste it LOL! definitely stoned!! alot more eye buzz and euphoric head stone, still quite a strong body sedative but not instant pass out.... But the popcorn..... it could of been.... thats all. 2 lb would be within range with 8 full weeks flowering and more spacing of colas which would come from having better support for framing. I have a while to think about it, no more than 2 months and i'll be back into it don't worry :) There is something about growing that has got me hooked. I love waiting for that lamp to buzz on and hearing the pumps click and bubble while they feed ..... It's just beautiful. Therapeutic is the word for it! It teaches people patience and almost forces you to look after yourself, i see the plant as a representation of your own personal health and self worth. Plants suck up energy like a solar panel, we don't want them sucking up bad negative energy!! :) good excuse for the Lady of the house to 'not raise the voice around the plant' Or be it man of the house lol, but i'm usually calm like i am 2 seconds after i take a whiff of my own grown Ganja :)

C

Chipper Pig

No worries, mate- you don't have to convince me! America is whack- I mean, people here actually vote FOR people trying to rob them! How else to explain Paul Ryan's popularity?

I dont know a lot about America's politicians ttystikk, but if there anything like our lot then they will be a bunch of knobs!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I dont know a lot about America's politicians ttystikk, but if there anything like our lot then they will be a bunch of knobs!!

I say turn the lot of 'em into Dingo food- at least they'll be doing something useful by reducing the pressure on the 'roo population!

C

Chipper Pig

Hello Flowa, I have quite a problem with spider mites through out my garden(touch wood not on the inside garden), attacking many natives as well as veggies and my outdoor crop. So i thought i would give predator mites a try. I brought a bottle of containing around 10,000 Phytoseiulus perimilis. They just came in the post today. I am hopeful they will do the job, because i am not to keen on spraying chemicals around the joint.
P1010241

P1010242

We will see how we go. Let The Bug Wars Begin:)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Having utilized biological pest controls in the past, I recommend you spray your plants before applying so they stick to the leaves where they'll do some good- those that hit the ground will likely die before they make it up the stem. Also, be sure your humiity levels are similar to what the predators need. Finally, give them time. They don't eat everything instantly, and they too need time to breed and multiply.

C

Chipper Pig

Having utilized biological pest controls in the past, I recommend you spray your plants before applying so they stick to the leaves where they'll do some good- those that hit the ground will likely die before they make it up the stem. Also, be sure your humiity levels are similar to what the predators need. Finally, give them time. They don't eat everything instantly, and they too need time to breed and multiply.

What did you think of bio-pest control ttystikk? Did you use them in the veggie garden or with plants under lights? I have been hosing down all the affected areas to try and get the humidity up, it has been f#*king hot in my part of the world lately. We just had the record 15 consecutive days over 37.5 degrees celsius. So i am not sure how they will go, as long get a small population established i will be happy. I may have to get to order another batch when the weather is more suitable. I have taken note on wetting the leaves before application too;) . Cheers mate

ttystikk

ttystikk

What did you think of bio-pest control ttystikk? Did you use them in the veggie garden or with plants under lights? I have been hosing down all the affected areas to try and get the humidity up, it has been f#*king hot in my part of the world lately. We just had the record 15 consecutive days over 37.5 degrees celsius. So i am not sure how they will go, as long get a small population established i will be happy. I may have to get to order another batch when the weather is more suitable. I have taken note on wetting the leaves before application too;) . Cheers mate

I used them exclusively indoors, I've used ladybugs and predatory mites. I've had mixed results, and I think my failures may have been due to waiting too long to bring them in.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Hey guys!! Not sure on the bugs idea!! I know they work, but as to how well in a particular garden would be anyones guess really, good luck :)

Have a small post here to add for a few people that have asked in the past, now that she's all starting to get packed up.... or MAYBE set up again hehe ;) I can show some pics of my two pot system ( the inside ) and the pot sock close-up pics showing the layer of hydroton on the bottom then 100% perlite. You can clearly see how well the pot sock works even as a breathable layer. It is in no way a hindrance to the growth of the plant. Oh and some new outdoor pics of my re-vegged Jack X!! Getting big quickly now! she is JUST starting to show flower sites.

SAM 8152
SAM 8154
SAM 8157
SAM 8158
SAM 8159
SAM 8162
SAM 8167
SAM 8168
SAM 8171
SAM 8173
SAM 8179

ttystikk

ttystikk

NICE peppers, Flowamasta- makes my mouth water just lookin' at 'em! You do know that hot weather makes peppers hotter, right? I hear the heat wave in Australia is off the charts- literally!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I just ran across this little news clip; the weather in Australia is so hot this year, the weather forecasters and chartsmen had to add new colors to their temperature maps!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/australia-weather-heats-colors-added-weather-map-195717230.html

Transcript:
The forecast in Australia: Hot, hot, hot—and getting hotter.
As a record-breaking heatwave hovers over many regions and territories (which are in their summer months now), the continent’s Bureau of Meteorology has added two new colors to the weather map to reflect the rising mercury.
The map currently shows the weather in orange tones at the top, which indicate temperatures 40 to 48 degrees Celsius. But forecasts are predicting off-the-charts weather. As a result, pink and purple will now cover temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius—should it climb that high.
For those rusty on the temperature conversion, that is a sweat-inducing 122 degrees Fahrenheit. (The record-setting temperature of 50.7 set in 1960 has, thankfully, still not been broken.)
"The forecast coming from the bureau's model is showing temperatures in excess of 50 degrees," said David Jones, head of the bureau's climate monitoring and prediction unit.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, a "dome of heat" over Australia is contributing to the record-breaking weather, which has gone on for six straight days with average maximum temps above 39 degrees Celcius (102 Fahrenheit). The trend seems likely to continue.
Adding to the misery, the searing heat is also fueling wildfires that continue to rage in southeastern Australia.
"You don't get conditions worse than this," Shane Fitzsimmons, New South Wales Rural Fire Service commissioner, told the Associated Press.
Australia isn’t the only place battling record high temperatures. Last year, the United States had its warmest year on record.

C

Chipper Pig

Thats right mate, I think they have added a dark purple to the map. It is summer after all! Makes going in the shed a little bit a of a challenge thats for sure. The solar panels on my shed are loving the conditions though;) The old US has it's fair share of bush fires too, and i think it has something to do with all are introduced and very invasive eucalyptus tree you have over there?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thats right mate, I think they have added a dark purple to the map. It is summer after all! Makes going in the shed a little bit a of a challenge thats for sure. The solar panels on my shed are loving the conditions though;) The old US has it's fair share of bush fires too, and i think it has something to do with all are introduced and very invasive eucalyptus tree you have over there?

They added TWO colors, mate... the top one is for temps over 54 C?!?! Woot, that'll take your breath away! When I was young, I lived in Sydney (after a nice trip through the outback from a then wiped-off the-bloody-map-Darwin, right after Typhoon Annie in 1971. I got stories...) and I remember it was plenty warm at Christmastime, in spite of living only a mile from the shore. Bondai Beach, mate... the place to be!

Sadly, solar panels lose efficiency as they get hotter. If you can find some way to cool them a bit you'll see more power generation.

The US has had brushfires, and if you google 'High Park Fire' you'll get info on our own little taste of the Holocaust; 87,000 acres (35,000 hectares!) burned, right next to another 20,000 acre (8000 hectares) fire that burned just a week before. That's over 100,000 acres, or 40,000 hectares just last summer. And yet, our water quality did not deteriorate. Even after the late summer rains- ironically worse for being late- the water did not rise above 55ppm of TDS. Amazing, that there 'granite' stuff these Rocky Mountains are made of... o_O

flowamasta

flowamasta

NICE peppers, Flowamasta- makes my mouth water just lookin' at 'em! You do know that hot weather makes peppers hotter, right? I hear the heat wave in Australia is off the charts- literally!

Awesome :) not for me but for the peppers!! I've snipped a good 40 or so chilis of that 1 plant and more each day go red like fire :)

Not looking forward to this years summer much, i can feel the heat building up, You know its HOT when the AC doesn't work.... or feel like it!

I'm loooooooooooving my outdoor girl, easily 100 tops on her :) Just out of this world!! I'm over the moon! Gotta keep these huuuuge green moths in line though!!! But i kinda hope him and the few lady bugs i see flying round will help a little!! I've never grown an outdoor this big especially in a rental house lol! or backyard should i say.... But saying this, should i thin the underneath out or let nature take course? she is very bushy but i imagine she will stretch during flowering....
ahhhhh Jack, Gonna be bliss!

I just ran across this little news clip; the weather in Australia is so hot this year, the weather forecasters and chartsmen had to add new colors to their temperature maps!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/australia-weather-heats-colors-added-weather-map-195717230.html

Transcript:
The forecast in Australia: Hot, hot, hot—and getting hotter.
As a record-breaking heatwave hovers over many regions and territories (which are in their summer months now), the continent’s Bureau of Meteorology has added two new colors to the weather map to reflect the rising mercury.
The map currently shows the weather in orange tones at the top, which indicate temperatures 40 to 48 degrees Celsius. But forecasts are predicting off-the-charts weather. As a result, pink and purple will now cover temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius—should it climb that high.
For those rusty on the temperature conversion, that is a sweat-inducing 122 degrees Fahrenheit. (The record-setting temperature of 50.7 set in 1960 has, thankfully, still not been broken.)
"The forecast coming from the bureau's model is showing temperatures in excess of 50 degrees," said David Jones, head of the bureau's climate monitoring and prediction unit.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, a "dome of heat" over Australia is contributing to the record-breaking weather, which has gone on for six straight days with average maximum temps above 39 degrees Celcius (102 Fahrenheit). The trend seems likely to continue.
Adding to the misery, the searing heat is also fueling wildfires that continue to rage in southeastern Australia.
"You don't get conditions worse than this," Shane Fitzsimmons, New South Wales Rural Fire Service commissioner, told the Associated Press.
Australia isn’t the only place battling record high temperatures. Last year, the United States had its warmest year on record.
They added TWO colors, mate... the top one is for temps over 54 C?!?! Woot, that'll take your breath away! When I was young, I lived in Sydney (after a nice trip through the outback from a then wiped-off the-bloody-map-Darwin, right after Typhoon Annie in 1971. I got stories...) and I remember it was plenty warm at Christmastime, in spite of living only a mile from the shore. Bondai Beach, mate... the place to be!

Sadly, solar panels lose efficiency as they get hotter. If you can find some way to cool them a bit you'll see more power generation.

The US has had brushfires, and if you google 'High Park Fire' you'll get info on our own little taste of the Holocaust; 87,000 acres (35,000 hectares!) burned, right next to another 20,000 acre (8000 hectares) fire that burned just a week before. That's over 100,000 acres, or 40,000 hectares just last summer. And yet, our water quality did not deteriorate. Even after the late summer rains- ironically worse for being late- the water did not rise above 55ppm of TDS. Amazing, that there 'granite' stuff these Rocky Mountains are made of... o_O
I'm soo fukin stoned.......... what just happened? seriously, i think i Just passed out. wow.
reading time!! thanx guys!!
:) Flo is Hammered

ttystikk

ttystikk

Awesome :) not for me but for the peppers!! I've snipped a good 40 or so chilis of that 1 plant and more each day go red like fire :)

Not looking forward to this years summer much, i can feel the heat building up, You know its HOT when the AC doesn't work.... or feel like it!

I'm loooooooooooving my outdoor girl, easily 100 tops on her :) Just out of this world!! I'm over the moon! Gotta keep these huuuuge green moths in line though!!! But i kinda hope him and the few lady bugs i see flying round will help a little!! I've never grown an outdoor this big especially in a rental house lol! or backyard should i say.... But saying this, should i thin the underneath out or let nature take course? she is very bushy but i imagine she will stretch during flowering....
ahhhhh Jack, Gonna be bliss!

I'm soo fukin stoned.......... what just happened? seriously, i think i Just passed out. wow.
reading time!! thanx guys!!
:) Flo is Hammered

I would definitely thin it out underneath; it will allow more airflow and will direct the plant's energy up to the shoots in the sun, where it needs to go. Considering the ridiculous heat you're dealing with, run your nutes leaner than usual or you'll risk burning your girl.

What just happened was that the entire state forest I grew up cavorting in is now ash and blackened tree trunks. I'll be an old man before the forest has recovered...

flowamasta

flowamasta

I would definitely thin it out underneath; it will allow more airflow and will direct the plant's energy up to the shoots in the sun, where it needs to go. Considering the ridiculous heat you're dealing with, run your nutes leaner than usual or you'll risk burning your girl.

What just happened was that the entire state forest I grew up cavorting in is now ash and blackened tree trunks. I'll be an old man before the forest has recovered...
Holy Crap :( sorry man, i've been medically sedated for a while now, so i'm only lucid a few hours a day, i meant no disrespect by skipping ahead and not reading. I just wanted you guys to know i'm still round.... still kickin it ;)
But daaamn :( i know how you feel man, when i was young Ash wednesday was a part of our lives, can't forget all that black, smoke, no road to see, smell of burning rubber driving along, a horrible thing to happen to anyone, and animals get the raw deal bigtime.
I hope the land you grew up in can hopefully replenish quicker than you can imagine :) Hopefully tough soil ?? maybe just skimmed some surfaces? You may get a massive dose of rain soon, a rain dance couldn't hurt now could it?
' lets all rain dance for ttystikk and send him much love and positive vibes. '

Yeah this heat is killing me, i'm watering that girl outside TWICE per day lol!!! I'm not shitting you!!! Not forgetting the mix is a 35/35/30 mix of soil / perlite / hydroton with a dash of peat moss and straw for added water retention.. heh... well in this heat!! She warms up incredibly fast, almost drains as fast as you can hose it in there, and nutrients i'm using for this girl is a simple yet highly effective 3 month fertilizer called N.P.K. Ratios being N-3 / P-5 / K-6 so instead of one dose at the beginning i went 1 halfish dose when i put her in and another good dose just as i see pre-flowers... which is just around the bend ;) a good blend for ganja done it many times before on some outdoors and got some A grade spectacular outdoor that glistened more than anything i've grown indoors :)

why not a bit of bud porn huh?? yeah, here's my mini crop from a couple of years ago.

the larger 2 in the big pot is my original skunk that i also gave a mate which grew male, so.... came the birth of Jack x Skunk :)

SAM 0490
SAM 0494
SAM 0496
SAM 0497
SAM 2131
SAM 2132
SAM 2134
SAM 2137
SAM 2139
SAM 2141
SAM 2143
SAM 2144
SAM 2146

flowamasta

flowamasta

Oh Tt i took your advice and snipped the lower stuff off, i didnt go to overboard yet, alot of it has sprun tips that are shooting outwards!! so it'll be some time spent out there when the sun goes down and clean it up a bit. What will happen with the bits of bud i might happen to leave on? will it seed? or just die off and the rest will continue? i've never had any luck with revegging a plant, and this girl looks mental! heads all over the place! Madussa!!!

Top Bottom