Flowa's SMALLEST monster plant (Amsterdam Gold only 21 days vegged)

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowamasta

flowamasta

Strain: Amsterdam Gold X Unknown hybrid. Sativa side should be strong
Please enjoy my thread, any comments/feedback/opinions are most welcome, But most of all, only positivity! Any questions, hit me in the thread, there might be someone wanting the same answer and just a little more bent to hit the 'post' button :p​
I thought it was best to start a new thread for this strain, considering it most certainly isn't Jack X Skunk, but an unknown hybrid female crossed with a splendid already gorgeous hopefully still potent cut.
This is a final trial for this strain, basically thrown away by the last breeded as it cross pollinated and apparently 'turned' last minute to a hermie. I think personally the guy has a dirty, unbalanced over-fed grow room which is in desperate need of a huge cleanout and major adjustment to how things SHOULD be done, or how atleast i think they should. Spiders, no no, any cobwebs at that!!! mould, no no. Unsealed dirt shed pulling in stale hot air...... no no.

This strain I'm positive deserves a better home, so i cheekily accepted his cut instead of him binning it , nursed her to health ( she had a hard rough start, with bugs, white flies, root rot...........) Basically had to start from scratch, re snip/cut and clone the same baby i got off him, so the initial stress this baby has gone through is literally through the roof. BUT i wasn't going to grow anything indoors with my current outdoor plant, but again she is almost done less than weeks away, and the indoor just starting to flower will ease my mind just that little more.

Ok First things first.....

My Nutrient blend from start to finish will be :

I started her on a mixed company blend of Base A+B grow Gold Range from Dutch Masters, along with silica, b1 boost and Dr. Repair from CYCO FLOWER, and Floralicious from General Hydroponics (Pure hydro blend of Humic acid) For flowering i will use Cycos base A+B Bloom, along with silica, swell, Dr Repair and suga rush. Pgr's will NOT be used this grow.
I am however please with Dutch master's quality and smell of nutrient, however ITS VERY WEAK COMPARED TO CYCOS. But works the way it should. I'm feeding 20% harder base than recommended on their nutrient calculator on the web, using minimal additives.

I only had time to veg for a short time due to the huge nursing to health and slow root growth. ( very hot and dry climate ) so 21 days was a maximum amount i could go which will allow atleast 55 days flowering and enough time to squeeze in a trim and spring clean in time for the next 3 month inspection!
(To answer my small vegging time and & ample researc into growing as fast as i can in the shortest time possible.) I also cut a clone for good luck, and maybe next grow :p

Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 2
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 3
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 4
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 5
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 6

Lets face it, Hydro is meant to be grown fast. We don't want many if any people knowing what we're doing legal, or otherwise so shortening our growing time is good for our health (less stress) easier to manage, and leaves more time to enjoy the fruits and benefits of life, not to mention endless rewards for growing a plant from start to finish. So my point being:

My medium and Feeding system
I use 100% perlite for my medium in a double pot 50ltr recirculating hempy / dwc system i guess you could say. I automatically fed my nutrient via a separate 40 litre res and a simple 24 hr pin timer which is set to roughly every 2.5 hours in this CRAZY heat!! and feeds for approx 10-15 minutes and quickly flows through the perlite soaking the entire medium but held in the inner pot by a snug POT SOCK which stops small bits of perlite or roots from blocking the gravity return line situated at the bottom of the bottom pot which is raised off ground level as I need the system to naturally recirculate and this happens as the flow returns via gravity down the return line and enters the bottom of the separate res again to be circulated and aerated once again, very little nutrient is wasted, and a very easy way to monitor ph, ec, ppm and temperature of the nutrient solution. Simple to flush also.

I'm also growing Jack Herer X Skunk outdoors, which is over 5 months old now, re-vegged and halfway done through flowering. Gotta love outdoors, with the sun, birds and critters

Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 8
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 9

This shade cloth section from post to post is 1.5 metres!! she is a behemoth of a plant, with a trunk on her like a coke can!!! I am yet to fully support her Colas, but i'm on it!!

Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 14

Here is My new Amsterdam Gold X Unknown hybrid. The cross pollination was not intentional, that was a different cut i was thinking about.....

She is at day 4 flowering after a mere 21 days vegging. A true test to me method, and overall yield scale. To me she looks like she could still pull 4-8 ounces without trying, but the flowering is yet to come, only a few small curly white pistils showing, and her nodes are starting to elongate and start the floral process :)

Amsterdam Gold Behold :p​
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 10
Lets hit the Auto colour calibrate on the cam shall we ;)​
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 11
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 12
Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 13

Flowas smallest monster plant amsterdam gold only 21 days vegged 7
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Looking good so far, Flow! Keep pushing that lil monster. The outdoor bitch is off the hook. What size pot is she in?

flowamasta

flowamasta

Looking good so far, Flow! Keep pushing that lil monster. The outdoor bitch is off the hook. What size pot is she in?
Most appreciative Rival! Welcome to my new thread :)

Ohh, i'll keep pushing her!, will make the most of her size, have lollypopped her and spread her out just a wee bit, but trying to keep everything close to the light at present.

I'm most happy with the outdoor girl, she has absolutely flourished the last few weeks! she's actually only in a 40 litre pot, so her size is mad. She's got to be pushing it to the limit thats for sure, but i only put her in that pot because i thought she'd be tiny!! I don't feel i can transplant her in the ground, her size is too big to handle and her weight now is really tipping things sideways. If she was going to show signs of root bound i think that would of happened by now, if anything i think it may stunt her colas a little. But I keep her drenched and she needs watering twice a day now and her buds are starting to thicken up and produce a nice peachey scent.

Do you think the pot will be big enough to finish out the rest? surely she's only got 3-4 weeks left!!?? I'm thinking as long as i keep her water up, she will draw the rest of her food from her leaves which she has a mass amount of :)

Thanx for being here Rival enjoy the thread

flowamasta

flowamasta

so you indoor one is blowin up!!! and what beautiful color on the outdoor one, not a spot of yellow or anything! so awesome

I just added another 600 to the top of the tent and that will come on from 2am - 5am, just a short interval to simulate the hottest part of the day, if i leave the 2nd lamp on for too long temps creep up to 92-95F so she just comes on during the cold of the night when ambient temps are as low as possible, hopefully that gives a nice boost in flowering :)

Thanx heaps for the compliments, that shot of the outdoor was rather unique i did a custom colour scan and it picked up aolt of the green hues off the fence aswell!, a slight more green than she is in person, but yes she is very healthy all over, She got a nice big handful of slow release fertz when she was transplanted and i have been topping up with hydro nutrients to boost things a little. I'm really not sure if i should be feeding her more or just ride it out al' natural? opinions welcome!! Soil is a 30% blend of perlite 10% hydroton 10% peat moss and 50% organic compost.... suppose thats why she grew so fast perhaps........

Glad you like! I've grown the Jack Skunk indoors quite a few times, really keen to see what outdoors will produce!, already some lean mean long buds compared to my stocky indoor chunkiness :p memories.......
Jack, i soooooo miss you inside!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhh. some memories from last harvest. @ day 52 Full tent shot of my big guuuuuuuurl :p and a few close macros to moisten your lips

SAM 8006
SAM 8011
SAM 8013
SAM 8014
SAM 8016
SAM 8020

flowamasta

flowamasta

Nice dude. How much u pull off that plant?
Cheerz :) a shade over 1 and 1/4 lb, not my biggest but my nicest smoke in a long time, I had to pull a few days earlier than i could of but inspection came around too quick.... 29 days vegged 56 days flowering.

Thanx again

flowamasta

flowamasta

Day 7 flower! Upped her bloom A+B to 120ml (3ml per litre) lets see if she handles this!
Not sure if anyone can tell from the pics but her leaves are twisting due to the reflective hotspots in my tent material. They turn in the direction to catch the most light :) what a plant!!

sure is showing promising signs now! glad i decided to grow her!! lets see what 21 days veg can produce, but i will say..........

Sativa sided?? me not think so........ looks indica through n through to me! her buds are forming at an alarming rate. I'm going to get a few nice ounces of this small girl!

Day 7 onwards
SAM 8995
SAM 9003
SAM 9004
SAM 9008

pic wont go the right way up!! mac issues.......

SAM 9004
C

Chipper Pig

Looking good flowa, i have seen my plants twist like that before and i never knew why. The lady jack outside is looking awesome mate, you are sure to get plenty from her!
My 3 year old daughter loved the picture of the mouse too mate;)

flowamasta

flowamasta

Nice dude. How much u pull off that plant?
Thakyou kindly :) That was my last indoor i believe and i harvested around 1 and 1/4 lb dried, not my biggest i'm not sure what happened really, not that i should complain, but was going for a bit more than that as i had a bit of a headstart putting my own large clone in that which was ready to boom! I usually veg for no more than 28-30 days, and try to fit everything in under 3 months so starting early is a huge bonus for me. Bigger plant :)

Thanx for being here, and welcome to my newest thread!
I have seen your name around ;)

beautiful work flowa!!!
Thankyou also!! Trying to be a bit more artistic these days ;) Its nice to know i'm capable of doing something i only wished about as a youngen..

Looking good flowa, i have seen my plants twist like that before and i never knew why. The lady jack outside is looking awesome mate, you are sure to get plenty from her!
My 3 year old daughter loved the picture of the mouse too mate;)
Yeah the twist is a strange thing, my tiny clone is just starting to do it and just got roots about a week ago!? I waaaas thinking it might of had something to do with the reflective material in the tent causing the leaves to curl in some hot spots perhaps.... not that i can really see any with my cam, even after playing with saturation and all sorts, it looks marginally even to me and the hood is of a decent brand but the tent material is definitely different than the EZY tents. it has a much more glossy glass like surface..... strange.

I also moved the plant about 90* clockwise so the 2 main heads are directly in line with the bulb. Also because the flowering is happening at such a rapid rate her stretching has nearly stopped! have i been lost for a week or something, cause i'm seeing buuuuuds.

I can't wait for the outdoor Jack, her smell has just gone from nice to insanely overwhelming overnight. and even the bottom buds are all hanging looooooooow
Glad you & your daughter like the mousey!! I will be sure to include more wildlife :p I actually wasn't 100% sure it was a mouse!!? i googled it and all, but yep looks like a little mouse!! i got so close to this little guy that a few images were shadowed by my lens as the flash resides on 1 side of the camera. He was as curious as me, and eating our chickens grain!!! what to do!? us hippies don't like to kill any living things, i even hung the feeder!!!! little shitters. I even seen 1 run across to my outdoor plant when i drenched him watering the garden!!

Day 11 Flowering :) It is very hot weather, and i'm struggling to keep temps at optimum!! Will i get to run my 2nd 600 i have setup in the corner!!! I need the temp to get down to 26 in the tent before i can!!

SAM 9049
SAM 9052
SAM 9054
SAM 9060
SAM 9066

C

Chipper Pig

Keep the nature shots coming in mate. My little girl just happened to walk past when the mouse picture was up, she loved that mouse. Since then all that has been on the mac screen has been hundreds of pics of mice. Makes a change from dragon pics anyway;)

It hasn't really cooled down over here in west either mate, and i am surprised i have anything growing in my shed at all. Especially since i have made TWO big mistakes in the last 7 days. The first started when i changed the water on my two rooms, I forgot to plug both their water pumps in to their respective timers. I only noticed yesterday when i took the lid of the water to check the level - FULL. The next mistake was not to open the tap on the bottom of my water tank for the return line. And flooded my tent floor with 50 litres of nutrient.:bag: Not sure what i was thinking!! I thought being in straight perlite they would be dead for sure, but only a bit of wilting and some yellowing of some leave. It was meant to be the week i turned them, but i will give them a week of recovery:nurse:

Thanks Chipper

flowamasta

flowamasta

Keep the nature shots coming in mate. My little girl just happened to walk past when the mouse picture was up, she loved that mouse. Since then all that has been on the mac screen has been hundreds of pics of mice. Makes a change from dragon pics anyway;)

It hasn't really cooled down over here in west either mate, and i am surprised i have anything growing in my shed at all. Especially since i have made TWO big mistakes in the last 7 days. The first started when i changed the water on my two rooms, I forgot to plug both their water pumps in to their respective timers. I only noticed yesterday when i took the lid of the water to check the level - FULL. The next mistake was not to open the tap on the bottom of my water tank for the return line. And flooded my tent floor with 50 litres of nutrient.:bag: Not sure what i was thinking!! I thought being in straight perlite they would be dead for sure, but only a bit of wilting and some yellowing of some leave. It was meant to be the week i turned them, but i will give them a week of recovery:nurse:

Thanks Chipper
What a crazy scenario you've been in! few late night billies before a flush ey ;) Lesson learnt we all hope chipper :)

I have been going crazy over my girls, tthe outdoor is growing phenominally starting to swell and ooze resin, and the indoor!!?? well at day 12 flowering...... I'm shocked they look like nugz!! already! I think these will be some biiiiiiiiig buds. Not to mention the baseball bats growing on the outdoor!!! all 40 of them. Thats right!! around 40 colas they look like a good half ounce atleast each, i haven't had much experience growing outdoor plants this big, but I think i've done alright!!! I don't know what dau flowering for the outdoor but i'm guessing only a couple of weeks or so.

Starting with the Outdoor!! Cause she's so Ganja God Crazy!!

SAM 9116
SAM 9110
SAM 9105
SAM 9104
SAM 9095
SAM 9093

Behold my new Amsterdam Gold X She looks miniature compared to my outdoor. I'm shocked. But the outdoor is going on around 6 months old + her time as a growing clone in a growbox. ( 8 weeks )

Amsterdam Gold.

SAM 9130
SAM 9138
SAM 9143
SAM 9145
SAM 9147
SAM 9150
SAM 9159
SAM 9164

Thanx everyone for being here and especially those that contribute with their say :)

flowamasta

flowamasta

Them leaves r on edge, Flo. What is the ppm level on ur nute mix? She looks like she can take a punch for sure. LOL>
HA! :) That they are! I am feeding very heavily at the moment, not sure what my ppms are as i've always looked up close to the leaves and check ph, I flush weekly aswell so i know my levels are are consistent and i usually wait 2-3 days into the fresh res before i think about adding more fresh water or nutrient.
She has indeed stocked up in the last week, her stems are thick, there is no bending these, they point straight up and i don't think they will have much problem supporting these buds, i've got an outer layer of twine around the tent ready to tie things up as needed, much easier than all my ither grows, and i really like the stance she has, very unique. As soon as she flowered.... she flowered, I haven't seen a transition this quickly and already have high hopes for flavour and potency :)

flowamasta

flowamasta

Hey everyone!! Update Part 1. ' Outdoor Jack X Skunk ' about week 5 flowering :)

I'm very proud of her! Enjoy!

SAM 9038
SAM 9042
SAM 9175
SAM 9182
SAM 9196

check this little dude out with the transformer Face :p This spider was JUST about to shed his skin! check him out further below..... Or should i say his skin!! he ran away after but i seen a glimpse of him and he was much more red in colour.

SAM 9202
SAM 9205
SAM 9208
SAM 9215
SAM 9216
SAM 9217

How awesome is that!!?? he did it on the end of a cannabis leaf!! Photo memory!!

SAM 9221
SAM 9223

Update Part 2 coming shortly! My indoor. which looks like it could over-take my outdoor! @ week 3 flowering!!! Day 15

C

Chipper Pig

The photo of the flying bug is awesome mate. Your eye is at one with that camera!! Your plant also look great;) I am sure you know that already though! All the best.

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

Hey Flow,
Ive read through almost all your threads and surely do credit your past grows for inspiring my current setup. I have a few questions if you have the time though... Currently im running a hempy tote (15 gallons bout) in a very small 3'X3' Tent, 100% Perlite with the traditional 2" reservoir at the bottom. Ive never grown Hempy style before (Space has never been an issue) but it seems soooo easy I couldnt pass up the opportunity. I threw some airstones in the bottom of my tote to oxygenate the res and have a drip system setup that I MANUALLY turn on at feeding time from a seperate 5 gallon bucket... not for any other purpose than because I had the parts laying around and I want to make sure that I evenly soak my perlite every feeding. My question has to do with your external res and the benefits compared to cons when run against a passive wick system, as it sure doesnt seem like it would be too much additional work to set one up. Are you running a chiller in there or does it maintain acceptable temps? Im trying to run a 1000W HPS for flower in that small tent and Im concerned about ambients being too high to be acceptable... Is it worth the head ache of setting up a recirc??? Oh and also.... Not running the UVB this time round?? :) ...thanks for any response I really appreciate the time!! -S0uP

Top Bottom