Flowa's SMALLEST monster plant (Amsterdam Gold only 21 days vegged)

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowamasta

flowamasta

Sorry it's been a while since you've seen the Amsterdam Gold!! But here she is!!
Not even half way through flowering and she's stretched to the limit! bud growth has exploded everywhere and I've had to tie things up or it all just hangs over! I wasn't expecting this turn around!! She may not be a big plant, but wow, she is oozing resin badly :) The buds are growing tight and firm and all i can see with my eyes is frost!! I don't know what happened in the last week, but i haven't even started giving her 'Swell' yet!!!

Day 24 flowering. I'm lost. But i will say one thing. She's GORGEOUS. She smells fantastic and musky like wet socks or something!? almost a pot pouri smell very strange floral aroma, one i've never come across.

SAM 9418
SAM 9428
SAM 9437
SAM 9440
SAM 9442
SAM 9445
SAM 9449
SAM 9450
SAM 9451
SAM 9454

flowamasta

flowamasta

Time for another Update!!!

First i'll start with a pic of a nice nug i hacked off the outdoor Monster plant! ( my re-vegged ) This isn't the largest but overall the plant is ready and the weather is turning bad, so awesome timing really, the smell is plenty strong enough to keep me worried stinking out the whole house. I was harvesting ( well bout 20 or so ) colas in the rain stopping them in time from hanging in the dirt, WOW did i have trouble handling these monsters, untying the tie as i snip without dropping them, some weighing in 120 grams fresh!!! My biggest colas yet EVER :)

here's a nice shot i took before things got a little sticky icky :)

SAM 9684

Amsterdam Gold!! My frosties plant yet i think!!! Day 28 Flower, and she has no where left to resin up!!!

SAM 9692
SAM 9698
SAM 9702
SAM 9703
SAM 9704
SAM 9705
SAM 9706
SAM 9707

I turned this pi sideways so i could crop it at a larger resolution as i had the cam turner upright with Flash directed down. Awesome clarity doing it this way

SAM 9709
SAM 9712
SAM 9713
SAM 9715
SAM 9718
SAM 9720

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

I cant believe the production at such a young age man, she is quick!. I bet your glad you saved these genetics from certain disaster! Im a bit jealous over here in the states man... Wish I could pick up some genetics that resemble that beauty! -S0uP

flowamasta

flowamasta

Huge cola's you have going on, sweet !!
Aren't they! :) I'm as shocked as the next person! maybe my biggest colas yet!! I'd be only guessing at what she will yield for a cola like that, but it's gotta be over an ounce for sure, i can't squeeze these colas if i tried, and they are only just oassed the half way mark. Scary stuff if you ask me :)

I cant believe the production at such a young age man, she is quick!. I bet your glad you saved these genetics from certain disaster! Im a bit jealous over here in the states man... Wish I could pick up some genetics that resemble that beauty! -S0uP
I'm also a non-believer :o Her colas are something i've never seen also, this growing in my mates setup was completely different in structure and resin... could be climate related perhaps, it could be that she liked the mix of Dutch Masters Grow formula coupled with the Cycoflower's Bloom cycle!? We are REALLY looking forward to smoking her and i'm constantly thinking of ways to enhance her final flush., even though i'm not there yet... I've actually never been so nervous as to what to do next, to have such a beautiful work of art growing so much everyday, the plant is nearly toppling over to one side, and i'm having alot of trouble keeping her upright! she's basically balancing on each colas point. If she had no support these buds would be on the floor by now easily!!!! Dense is an understatement, and i can't believe my mate uses PGR's to stunt this sexy girls legs!!!! I can't wait to show him..... or should i !?? This is a profound improvement from what his setup has produced. Glad i got a baby girl of her!!

I also found a seed Calyx on the Jack outdoor!! no flowers were on her at all that i seen, so to have found even 1 seed, i'm stoked!!! heaps happy for those not understanding my english slang.... so Jack Skunk is not lost for good. If there is seeds, there will be more Jack.

Baby Amsterdam Gold... keeping her alive for round 2 :)

SAM 9752

Here's the seed i found in the outdoor Monster plant!!

SAM 9725
SAM 9733

C

Chipper Pig

You are spot on there SouP, that little GOLD is thrashing along! As for my home brew, you can start drinking your beer about 3 weeks after bottling. But it gets alot better with age, pretty much the same as curing your buds mate ;)

I am glad to see Jack will be able to grow again one day, Flowa! She is a lovely specimen, in which i would love to get my little mitts on!!!

A couple pics of my 2nd Hempy grow at day 21 of flower, and all is going well:)
P1010359

I had a few more pictures but there was trouble downloading them!

Cheers Chipper Pig

P1010360
C

Chipper Pig

Hello again mate, I just walked into yet another flood :banghead:. Close to 40 litres I reckon. The plant that flooded is the one at the rear of my room. This is the problem
P1010370

P1010371

A lovely healthy root system, that will proberly be back in there sometime soon. At least their happy plants:)

Cheers Chipper Pig

flowamasta

flowamasta

Hello again mate, I just walked into yet another flood :banghead:. Close to 40 litres I reckon. The plant that flooded is the one at the rear of my room. This is the problem
View attachment 300719
View attachment 300720
A lovely healthy root system, that will proberly be back in there sometime soon. At least their happy plants:)

Cheers Chipper Pig
Holy crap chipper!!! what can i say? You just can't beat perlite what you want the roots to go mental lol!! ok, maybe a small modification :eek:o_O !!!!!!!! I'm stumped! well almost, i did think this was possible and i have seen a few people place a criss-cross section of perspex as a spacer between the two pots which is supposedly meant to trap the roots from entering the return area. I 'myself' have not quite run into THAT much of a root explosion LOL!!! awesome, and glad you found the culprit, i don't know how to deal with an issue like that without being there ofcourse, but good luck with that! i wish you the best in finding a way to combat the problem! Did your pot sok go all the way to the bottom? and i forget if they are 50 litre pots...? definitely increase the return hose size if not the reducer being a right angle, would not be as efficient as just running it straight out the back of the tent and around to wherever the res is.... this right angle piece is standing out in my opinion being the issue ;) I always have roots traveling down the hose, but never have they actually blocked it.
Just a few thoughts from a very high Flo :)

Here's a few shots of...... i'll abbreviate this slightly as i am soo high right now im losing my train of thought every few seconds! where were we??
Oh yea, a few random shots of Amster Gold under the UVB lamp, and a few shots of some of the outdoor harvested while a nice majority of it still grows away ripening to the max for some Knockout material... It already Soooo is. I'm glad i chopped her actually, Jack always doesn't look done but she goes 'over-ripe' easily in my opinion and i am loooooooooving her high/major mellow/sleepy stone, and she vapes like a goddess passing wind. It seems she got the best of both worlds this time outside, a strong psychadelic buzz that hits you behind the eyes and then only minutes later finding yourself almost dribbling yourself towards a daytime nap.... maybe 3 times a day..... where was i?

ahh yes.....hang on... uploading...... slow net speed. I'm just gonna lay these pics out and you can choose what girl to goto bed with. oops where am i. JK ofcourse, just a bit of aussie humor :bag:

getting there!!

SAM 0028
SAM 9917
SAM 9884
SAM 9885
SAM 9889
SAM 9897
SAM 9898
SAM 9899
SAM 9962
SAM 9963
SAM 9972
SAM 9973
SAM 9977
SAM 9980
SAM 9997

M

midcoast

What's up flowamasta? Sick pics! Gotta quick question... On your hydro setup are you cutting a hole into the bottom of the second bucket holding the pot sock?!

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

Chipper, Just gonna chime in here... You NEED to change that 90 out for a straight shot. Im a professional plumber (Day job :) ) so I can say with confidence that is where your bottleneck is putting too much pressure on that barb joint. As an alternative you can grab a small compression band from an auto parts store (Used for misc. hoses under the hood) and clamp down to roughly 50psi (Just hand tight) at every fitting for added piece of mind! :)

Flowa, Looking amazing SUPER dense I can only hope the strain Im pushing right now resembles that structure. As far as your final flush goes, I PERSONALLY like to flush with out of range PH water (8.0 or so) for like 7-10 days.Maybe some dextrose if I feel the need... The out of range PH makes the plant unable to use any NPK or micros in the medium and instead turns to what it has stored up over its life cycle to sustain itself, which should leave less of it for me to taste when its dried. Also, I like to let the plant hang for a longer period of time at about 55%H and do a dry trim, I believe this assists with the metabolic break down of chlorophyll in the plant and also assists with a superior finished product. Just my thoughts, let me know what you think when you can! -S0uP

flowamasta

flowamasta

any one of them girls i would gladly go to bed with . further more i'll take them all !
LOL nice one!

you dont dry them with the fans and stuff on?
I do have a small tower oscilating fan in there just circulating the air, and a tiny 750 watt thermostat heater which doesn't let the room drop below 21-23 degrees. ;)

What's up flowamasta? Sick pics! Gotta quick question... On your hydro setup are you cutting a hole into the bottom of the second bucket holding the pot sock?!
Thanx mate! i have 4 large 80mm holes cut in the bottom of the inside pot to allow the pot sok to drain into the return bucket and out the line. The sok holds fine and i rarely get bits coming through, the holes aren't enough so that the weight pulls them through or breaks them.

Chipper, Just gonna chime in here... You NEED to change that 90 out for a straight shot. Im a professional plumber (Day job :) ) so I can say with confidence that is where your bottleneck is putting too much pressure on that barb joint. As an alternative you can grab a small compression band from an auto parts store (Used for misc. hoses under the hood) and clamp down to roughly 50psi (Just hand tight) at every fitting for added piece of mind! :)

Flowa, Looking amazing SUPER dense I can only hope the strain Im pushing right now resembles that structure. As far as your final flush goes, I PERSONALLY like to flush with out of range PH water (8.0 or so) for like 7-10 days.Maybe some dextrose if I feel the need... The out of range PH makes the plant unable to use any NPK or micros in the medium and instead turns to what it has stored up over its life cycle to sustain itself, which should leave less of it for me to taste when its dried. Also, I like to let the plant hang for a longer period of time at about 55%H and do a dry trim, I believe this assists with the metabolic break down of chlorophyll in the plant and also assists with a superior finished product. Just my thoughts, let me know what you think when you can! -S0uP

Cheerz for that input there :) I like the idea of flushing with a higher ph, in the past where i have flushed with neutral tap water i actually noticed that without any added nutrients the res stayed at around 6.5 so that will be an easy adjustment to bring her up that high, i agree with you in that they only take up certain nutrients at certain ph levels, nice thinking! still another week or so i'd imagine, but wow the indoor is seriously nearly falling over with weight!

I also like your drying technique :) I let my heads hang for around 3 days in the same humidity you mention but after the 3 days s when i begin to do the trim, i feel as though this holds plenty of flavour :) i have noticed in the past that the leaves have some serious aroma while trimming, and leaving them on slowed the drying process and i think does help the dehydration process be more consistent. After 5 or so days i will continue to dry but clip off the lower node buds and pile them together until they begin to feel crispy and then i begin to cure :) which is happening right now actually with the first wave of stuff to come off :) just under 300 grams for the 20 colas i took off to begin with :) I am REALLY happy with her quality and aroma!! such a sweet smelling peachy skunk smell, very strong smell indeed! All sticky icky goodness buds :) ahhhhhhh the smell, i'm keeping it right besides me while i type, shweeeeeeeeeeet! Geeeeez can't wait to see what the Amster Gold looks like when ready!! Ive seen that outdoors and i CANT WAIT. pure resin coated sold nugs in the tent, i couldn't be ANY more excited. I might take my mrs down the beach and get high on Jack :) now that sounds like a perfect day to me :)

M

midcoast

Nice! So then the bottom bucket is where you have your airline for the dwc effect?
Approximately how many inches of water do you allow to stay in bottom of bucket for hempy style effect?! Don't you put the gravity drain hole/line approximately 2-3 inches above bottom of pot to make a small reservoir within the bucket too?

M

midcoast

Ps what's the brand of your pot sok? I can't seem to find anything like yours...

T

tipper619sd

Thakyou kindly :) That was my last indoor i believe and i harvested around 1 and 1/4 lb dried, not my biggest i'm not sure what happened really, not that i should complain, but was going for a bit more than that as i had a bit of a headstart putting my own large clone in that which was ready to boom! I usually veg for no more than 28-30 days, and try to fit everything in under 3 months so starting early is a huge bonus for me. Bigger plant :)

Thanx for being here, and welcome to my newest thread!
I have seen your name around ;)

Thankyou also!! Trying to be a bit more artistic these days ;) Its nice to know i'm capable of doing something i only wished about as a youngen..

Yeah the twist is a strange thing, my tiny clone is just starting to do it and just got roots about a week ago!? I waaaas thinking it might of had something to do with the reflective material in the tent causing the leaves to curl in some hot spots perhaps.... not that i can really see any with my cam, even after playing with saturation and all sorts, it looks marginally even to me and the hood is of a decent brand but the tent material is definitely different than the EZY tents. it has a much more glossy glass like surface..... strange.

I also moved the plant about 90* clockwise so the 2 main heads are directly in line with the bulb. Also because the flowering is happening at such a rapid rate her stretching has nearly stopped! have i been lost for a week or something, cause i'm seeing buuuuuds.

I can't wait for the outdoor Jack, her smell has just gone from nice to insanely overwhelming overnight. and even the bottom buds are all hanging looooooooow
Glad you & your daughter like the mousey!! I will be sure to include more wildlife :p I actually wasn't 100% sure it was a mouse!!? i googled it and all, but yep looks like a little mouse!! i got so close to this little guy that a few images were shadowed by my lens as the flash resides on 1 side of the camera. He was as curious as me, and eating our chickens grain!!! what to do!? us hippies don't like to kill any living things, i even hung the feeder!!!! little shitters. I even seen 1 run across to my outdoor plant when i drenched him watering the garden!!

Day 11 Flowering :) It is very hot weather, and i'm struggling to keep temps at optimum!! Will i get to run my 2nd 600 i have setup in the corner!!! I need the temp to get down to 26 in the tent before i can!!

View attachment 293787View attachment 293788View attachment 293789View attachment 293790View attachment 293791

mouth watering man lovely plant and sic setup very simple and u got it dialed in

Top Bottom