Flower back to veg?

• Thread starter Stoney222
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stoney222

Had a small photo in with bigs when I switched lights to 12/12. After a week or 2 I said wasnt gonna do nothing so put outside. Since then it's got huge leaf growth but not getting taller and dont look like normal. Will it still bud in fall?

Flower back to veg
Enforcer

Enforcer

The short answer is yes. But now the “but”. Your plant went back into vegetative mode. By putting it on 12/12 for two weeks, you initiated flower. Then you put it outside too early in the season for flower. The longer days caused the plant to revert back to vegetative growth or “re-veg”. This entire scenario is undesirable because it takes time for the plant to switch between these two modes of growth. About 2 weeks to switch from veg to flower, but almost a month to revert back from flower to veg. So you end up either shorting yourself out of vegetative growth and the plant stays small, and/or not having enough time to finish the plant outside before the first frost.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The short answer is yes. But now the “but”. Your plant went back into vegetative mode. By putting it on 12/12 for two weeks, you initiated flower. Then you put it outside too early in the season for flower. The longer days caused the plant to revert back to vegetative growth or “re-veg”. This entire scenario is undesirable because it takes time for the plant to switch between these two modes of growth. About 2 weeks to switch from veg to flower, but almost a month to revert back from flower to veg. So you end up either shorting yourself out of vegetative growth and the plant stays small, and/or not having enough time to finish the plant outside before the first frost.
Hi, well yes and no for me. I have some pics. I thought I'd fked up too, I was under the belief that to sex plants I could take them out of my veg room with lights on 24/7 and put them in my flower room on 12/12, after 3-4 days they'd show their sex and I could pull the Males and put the Fem's back into the veg room to keep on vegging.

That worked after 4 days I pulled the Males and put the fems in the veg room on 24/7 lights but they didn't seem to be in veg they just kept developing buds and these funny trident shaped leaves. After 2 weeks I said WTF and put them back into my flower room.

These buds just exploded on me, compared to what I normally get when I grow. These 3 girls have by far the largest buds I've ever grown. At 5 weeks they're bigger and fluffier but a bit stunted in height for how old they are.

So I vegged-flowered-vegged-flowered and these are the pics at 5 weeks of being in flower on 12/12 - 100% of the time not counting the 2 extra weeks back in veg.

You tell me did I get lucky or what? Not sure how it'll smoke yet I guess that will be the tell for me on weather I repeat this procedure on all my plants or not.

G1 full plant
G1 bigbud
G2 5 weeks
G2 nice pic

Latest posts

Top Bottom