FLOWER HARDENER

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

I use a half strength Moab during week one
Then I use hammerhead @5ml/gal for weeks 2-5
I cut base nutes and hammerhead in half for week 6 &7 and use full strength MOAB
flush week 8 (3 days with molasses, and 4 of plain RO)if I think it needs more flush after that then I just take em a little longer.
this is for an 8 week strain(obviously)

Why hammerhead and not overdrive?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I used to use Humboldt gravity. Found out it was a PGR and hard on the liver. Live and learn.

Some PGRs are nasty, like this stuff. Others, like the triacontanol found in alfalfa, are just fine. Know your nutes!!

Why hammerhead and not overdrive?

Why not use dry nutrient salts and save yourself a fortune?

Example; instead of Clearex, I use 2 dry grams per gallon each of table sugar and epsom salts dissolved in hot water before adding and pH the system to 6.0 I recommend that growers never flush plants in inert materials (dwc, hydroton, coco, etc) with RO water, as it reverses the osmotic balance of the root system and interferes with the plants' ability to metabolize properly. The idea is to use up the residual nutrients in the plant by giving it free energy (sugar) in a mild solution (epsom salt) to soak it up with. The sulphur may contribute to flavor, too.

My flavors get a lot of positive comments and it smokes very smoothly even before a cure, so I can't be screwing it up too badly.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Earth Juice recommends (via Greenfire Hydro) 3 tbl catalyst/1 tbl hibrix molasses / gal last 2 weeks in soil. I don't have the experience to know if it works better than anything else. but it is all organic.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I just ran my third harvest using Catalyst for a flush the last two weeks in bloom. Once again this is a different strain than the previous two, but it appears the buds on my 'White' are a little more dense and tight this time around. I have another 'White' harvesting in two weeks so I can really ascertain if this stuff adds density.

It is still cheaper than using straight 'Sweet' and I have really not had yellowing of my leafs in the late stages of bloom which I used to have.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I used kool bloom full strength along with overdrive full strength two days ago in soil and all my fan leaves have turned yellow. I think I should have used it at half strength. It only did that to my kryptonite but the sfv og had no noticeable effect. Now I remember why I stopped using it a year ago because the kryptonite doesn't like kool bloom at all:mad:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

It's been my experience that environment and genetics play more of a factor in DENSE nuggetry than any magic bullet nutrients. I do use the hammerhead/moab combo, but nothing in the world will help if your temps get to high, and or your running something with a LOT of Sativa in it's genetic make up.

buddahslave

buddahslave

so what would be a safe dosage to use if using moab... ive never used it curious to try it.... ppm wise or ml to gallon that is...:bag:

so what would be a safe dosage to use if using moab... ive never used it curious to try it.... ppm wise or ml to gallon that is...:bag:

Half is what was suggested to me i'm just hard headed but don't get me wrong the buds look good it's just the large fan leaves that look like shit. The buds are starting to grow new buds on top of the old buds. I will try to remember to shoot a flick:cyclops:

buddahslave

buddahslave

It's been my experience that environment and genetics play more of a factor in DENSE nuggetry than any magic bullet nutrients. I do use the hammerhead/moab combo, but nothing in the world will help if your temps get to high, and or your running something with a LOT of Sativa in it's genetic make up.

I was told on this form that hammerhead and moab was the same thing and that the overdrive works best with a pk booster. I also seen on advanced nutrients secret euro site that overdrive wont work by it self but works with hammerhead or another pk booster. What is your opinion?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I was told on this form that hammerhead and moab was the same thing and that the overdrive works best with a pk booster. I also seen on advanced nutrients secret euro site that overdrive wont work by it self but works with hammerhead or another pk booster. What is your opinion?

I stopped using Overdrive a while back as it caused a lot of foxtailing with the strains I was running.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Just added moab with overdrive about two weeks from harvest!
Cb3 017

buddahslave

buddahslave

Yea the moab is the shit mixed with the overdrive made for a swollen colon. What I found though is the moab makes everything swell but it won't make it dense. So what I did is I in the end used kool bloom and it made the buds rock hard. Once the buds start to show I would us the moab and then at week 6 start moab with overdrive for a week or two and then finish with the kool bloom to ripen! So far so good will try that with a different strain on the next run!

Top Bottom