flower in 2g or 3g pots with coco?

• Thread starter vindiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vindiesel

i'm making the switch from promix bx to canna coco. i start seedlings in 1 or 2qt pot, transplant to 2g after 3 weeks veg, and finally to a 3g once they are ready for flowering. i read sometimes alot of experienced guys flowering in 2g pots??? is this right. it makes more sense to me flowering in a 3g since coco will have faster and superior roots compared to promix or soil...thx. :bong-hits:
vin

R

rounders02

i use 3g grow bags with coco been doing it for a couple yrs and it been working out just fine, i think either one will do...

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
A 3 gallon pot of coco will grow a pretty huge plant. I'm in 2 gallon containers and it can be tough to keep up at that.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I am liking the 2 gallon for flower. In veg you can keep them in smaller containers longer in coco without getting rootbound and then go to the 2 gallon for flower.From seed I start in 16 oz. cup for 3 weeks, then transplant to 1 gallon for 3 weeks, then into 2 gallon for flower. Here is Jilly Bean from Sub in a 2 gallon of coco at 2 weeks flower. I only have to water every 3-4 days so far. RB

JB Group 123 002
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I used 2 gallon squares before I switced to my 1000 watter and under my 600 I average 2 oz's plus on each plant and with my first G13/ Diesel grow the best pheno was 3 + oz's

B

British_Hempire

With coco anything more than a gallon is not strictly necessary, in fact, pots larger than a gallon with coco can often cause problems and you need to cut the coco with something to aid aeration, diahydro, chunky perlite or larger pieces of coco all work. Coarse chunky coco is better for large pots, using fine pith coco with pots larger than a gallon often causes problems with aeration.

I've had 2oz off 2 litres of coco so pot size is fairly irrelevant if you are using drippers of handwatering daily. The advantage of bigger pots is that you don't have to water every day as they take a while to dry out.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I add chunky perilite to all of my coco grows from 160z cups to 2 gallon pots . I just like it

V

vindiesel

yeah thx guys. from now on gonna go 1qt to 1 g to 2g. no need for 3 i guess. i would be super happy with 2oz per plant with coco. barely getting 1 per plant with promix.
400CMH.
what are 4 and 5g pots just for monster plants with room...? i only have about 5 sq ft room. 6 plants. nothing shaded. tent.

S

shiva

I used 2 gallon squares before I switced to my 1000 watter and under my 600 I average 2 oz's plus on each plant and with my first G13/ Diesel grow the best pheno was 3 + oz's
zoo-
Do you still use 2 gallon squares? I am thinking of using gal squares now.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I still do under my 600 but I use 1 gallons under my 1000

F

fuzzy

Im trying 1gal. but they are hempys(per-verm).Just wanted to see what i could pull w/smaller cont.Before i was using 2.5 gal. and pulling an ave. of 2oz dried-cured.peace,fuzzy

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I think I'll get 2 oz's each this round in my one gallons . They come down next Monday or Tuesday so we will know soon

C

cozymon

It depends on your spacing a bit. I always thought more medium was better. If your doing one per square foot though, I'd go with one and a half or two gallons. Coco seems to be fine in smaller sizes as long as you give it enough water and food.

J

jay

Indoors, I flower in 2g pots--yield seems about the same as in 3g pots, so it's a no-brainer. Smaller pots take up less table space, and you use less coco and less water (when flushing from above with a hose).

I have flowered in 1g pots and gotten surprisingly large plants, but stability is a problem; big plants fall over too easily in little pots.

I also use coco in my summer backyard grows--then I use the 3g pots.

C

CharacterZero

hello zoolander:

why did you go from 2g pots to a 1 gal while increasing your 600w to 1000w? dont they grow bigger on the 1000w? or are you growing a bunch of smaller plants?

Top Bottom