Flower more plants with lights on 24/7

• Thread starter repoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

repoman

Hey what up thcfarmers?

I thought about having one flowering room with lights on 24/7 and after the plants have been in there for 12 hours move them into a dark room and replace them with other plants. This way I could flower double the amount of plants with my lights.

What do you think about this? Would the plants mind the few minutes that might differ while moving them from room a to room b?

Anyone tried this? Please share your thoughts.

G

ganjherbsmoke

ya that sounds like a ton of work just get double the amount of hoods and put them on a switch box

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Yeah it would work. Also, alot more chances for accidents/mistakes. It would definitely be easier to just run the flip flop, but if you dont have the equip or cash atm, why not? You're the one who has to do the labor, If you're cool with it, F it. -PDX

R

repoman

Thanks for your replies.
Hadn't heard about the flip-flop but it sure sounds way more efficient :smiley_joint:

I'm not into electric stuff at all but I guess I can buy instead of DI(y)M. These babies work great? The ballasts doesn't mind running 24/7? I use digital ballasts.

T

theTinker

wont the flip flop also require hoods + venting (if not AC?) + CO2(r intake) + bulbs? Infact, is teh only thing not being multiplied by 2, the ballasts?

R

repoman

wont the flip flop also require hoods + venting (if not AC?) + CO2(r intake) + bulbs? Infact, is teh only thing not being multiplied by 2, the ballasts?

Yeah you're right buddy, back to plan A :sweating

B

blue-dreamer

I remember thinking about this option a couple yrs ago and I tried it. It is a lot of back straining work. Not worth it to me. I wouldn't always be able to be there every 12 hrs everyday. schedules got messed up. I think its better to leave them plants under a screen and get a higher yield from the support of the branches. Then u might not need to grow twice as many plants to get the same yield. Plus moving them stresses them out. And accidents always happened. The walls were always snapping branches and what not, moving them in a hurry. Doing this everyday, and dropping whatever i was doin to go home and switch plants was keeping me on lockdown, keep it simple

ttystikk

ttystikk

About the only way I can think of making this work with just one ballast, bulb and reflector, is to move the reflector from one room to another. Make sure the light cord is long enough, and then put the light on some sort of track to go from one room to another. The toughest part of this would be to build some sort of doorway between the two spaces that's light tight.

A flipbox is definitely cheaper, and although you are still doubling the number of hoods and bulbs, the chances of things going drastically wrong with hot, high voltage gear is much smaller.

People are building DIY flipboxes, and saving some money, typically between 30-50% of the cost of a flipbox. You can find threads on the subject here on the farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom