• Thread starter ImaGrowThemPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what causes the fade then?
you can call it fade but i call it a deficiency,. it’s because it still needed nutrients,. the only fade a plant should have indoors is a yellowing of leaves in the last few couple weeks of flowering,. this from lowering nitrogen so a nitrogen deficiency will show as yellowing which is ok as too much nitrogen in late flower can screw with maturing trichomes etc,..

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Genetics, environment conditions. Yes depriving the plant of nutrients can cause fading, but not something I personally would do.

Take for example this grow of mine. If I didn’t drop temps drastically, I never would’ve saw this beautiful fade come through.

And no, I don’t flush.
i know about reducing temps to bring out purples etc but is this not the plant canabalising itself still? maybe the temp reduction increases its uptake in certian nutrients? is this in soil btw and what type of feeding do they get?

Redneckx

Redneckx

Genetics, environment conditions. Yes depriving the plant of nutrients can cause fading, but not something I personally would do.

Take for example this grow of mine. If I didn’t drop temps drastically, I never would’ve saw this beautiful fade come through.

And no, I don’t flush.
You're flexing hard with you lady's 😎

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
i know about reducing temps to bring out purples etc but is this not the plant canabalising itself still? maybe the temp reduction increases its uptake in certian nutrients? is this in soil btw and what type of feeding do they get?
No this isn’t. That fade happened within 6 days of dropping temps and the color fade remained. I only lost/removed around 15 fan leaves near the bottom as they were losing nitrogen and using the remaining. I’m not a fan of just allowing the plant to eat itself of its nutrients in the leaves, I don’t find that beneficial at all and research seems to back that up as well.

All environmental parameters including light intensity will have an effect on nutrient uptake, that’s always important to take in effect.

I am in soil and use synthetic nutrients and feed until the last week tapering down nutrients at the very end and will feed only water for the last 2 feedings (not flush)
You're flexing hard with you lady's 😎
Hahaha this was my best, my next grow will be this strain again. Hope I can replicate the results

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

No this isn’t. That fade happened within 6 days of dropping temps and the color fade remained. I only lost/removed around 15 fan leaves near the bottom as they were losing nitrogen and using the remaining. I’m not a fan of just allowing the plant to eat itself of its nutrients in the leaves, I don’t find that beneficial at all and research seems to back that up as well.

All environmental parameters including light intensity will have an effect on nutrient uptake, that’s always important to take in effect.

I am in soil and use synthetic nutrients and feed until the last week tapering down nutrients at the very end and will feed only water for the last 2 feedings (not flush)

Hahaha this was my best, my next grow will be this strain again. Hope I can replicate the results
why do you feed water last 2 waterings and what size pots?

Top Bottom