Flower temperature and leaf color

• Thread starter Streetdoctor3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Streetdoctor3

Streetdoctor3

Wonder if this is normal I’m in week 5 of flower and I just changed the temperature to 78 lights on and 66 lights off in degrees F. The leaves are turning yellowish purple now is that normal? The thermostat before that was alwyas set at around 78 I am now setting a schedule to have temp go to 66 when lights are off because I herd that’s how you get color to come out.

also does anyone have advice for me on my grow room temperatures for bloom lights on and off? Running DE 1000W and co2 1000-1200 PPM should I keep the thermostat at a constant temp? Run it colder at night? What temp should I run bloom at?
Flower temperature and leaf color
Flower temperature and leaf color 2

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

That looks like a normal fade for a plant as it uses its last remaining nutrients. Colder temps can cause the leaves to get a purple fade like your plants, but it needs to be genetically within the plant if it is going to be a beneficial technique to lower night time temps or not. Your setting of 66 degrees is great, I wouldn't go any lower than 60.

If you are running Co2 at that ppm, you are going to want your room a bit hotter, close to the mid 80's.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Take it you using bloom nutes? They are just hungry for nitrogen and getting later in flower they start fading and when photosynthesis slows you start to see more pigments call anthocyanan and thats the purple you are seeing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like was said not really an issue and fairly normal to see later in flower as they finish. If they were a 12 week strain I would day bump up the nitrogen but 8-9weeks no issues here.

Streetdoctor3

Streetdoctor3

That looks like a normal fade for a plant as it uses its last remaining nutrients. Colder temps can cause the leaves to get a purple fade like your plants, but it needs to be genetically within the plant if it is going to be a beneficial technique to lower night time temps or not. Your setting of 66 degrees is great, I wouldn't go any lower than 60.

If you are running Co2 at that ppm, you are going to want your room a bit hotter, close to the mid 80's.
Also how do you know which plants are more beneficial for colder nights?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Also how do you know which plants are more beneficial for colder nights?
Sometimes you can make an educated guess from the plants lineage, but mainly it is just trying it. Ideally you have at least one strain that you know will do this. Then, when you try and repeat the process, if your control plant turns purple but your new plant doesn't, you know it likely isn't in that phenotypic expression for that new plant.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Of the 4 plants in my flower room the plant under the split ac unit tends to show more color in the last 3 grows.

Top Bottom