Flower Tent getting too hot!!!

• Thread starter Tomkins2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Hey y'all. I'm having a hard time keeping my flower tent cool. I am only running a 250W HPS. I already have it pretty much as high as I can get it. I also already have a piece of 4in running from the bottom vent hole to a register that sucks air from my crawl space. Imo the coolest air I could find to suck lol. I'm still noticing I'm getting up to 86 deg F. I'm not sure what else a guy can do. I look forward to seeing some ideas guys.

Flower tent getting too hot
NairnM16

NairnM16

Your hoods air-cooled?
For me I found treating the room was easier than cooling the tent

Good intake
Oscillating fans
Good outtake
Maybe even an ac unit if need be

Also opening windows in other rooms of the house helps move the hot air pulled from the tent/room

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey y'all. I'm having a hard time keeping my flower tent cool. I am only running a 250W HPS. I already have it pretty much as high as I can get it. I also already have a piece of 4in running from the bottom vent hole to a register that sucks air from my crawl space. Imo the coolest air I could find to suck lol. I'm still noticing I'm getting up to 86 deg F. I'm not sure what else a guy can do. I look forward to seeing some ideas guys.

Have you thought about using an air cooled reflector hood?

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Have you thought about using an air cooled reflector hood?
I have been looking into them for when I upgrade. The tent is only 32x32. I am not sure what the smallest one they make is. The light I have in the pic is 400w MH/HPS compatable. I only use a 250W in it. I suppose an air cooled hood probably is my only option. But then I'm buying a ballast too bc this Hydrofarm is built it. I've seen a couple things about supplement with Co2 can help but I'm unsure how.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have been looking into them for when I upgrade. The tent is only 32x32. I am not sure what the smallest one they make is. The light I have in the pic is 400w MH/HPS compatable. I only use a 250W in it. I suppose an air cooled hood probably is my only option. But then I'm buying a ballast too bc this Hydrofarm is built it. I've seen a couple things about supplement with Co2 can help but I'm unsure how.

If you were to go the route of replacing the HPS, consider white light LED with the lm301b or h chip. A 240w quantum board in a 32 x 32 would be more light than you need, but would go nicely when you upgrade your tent. With a dimmer, you would have plenty of light, controllable heat and a board built to be modular so when you expand, you just go buy another and hang it with the other one.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Co2 increases the photosynthesis of the plant allowing it to absorb more light and thrive in higher temps, also less likely to stress due to heat

Only thing with that is you’ll need to run a sealed room no outtake

This might cause your temps to peak even more

Do your own research into co2 nd find out if it will help u
I’d personally recommend treating your room

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

If you were to go the route of replacing the HPS, consider white light LED with the lm301b or h chip. A 240w quantum board in a 32 x 32 would be more light than you need, but would go nicely when you upgrade your tent. With a dimmer, you would have plenty of light, controllable heat and a board built to be modular so when you expand, you just go buy another and hang it with the other one.
Oh yeah for sure man. Lol you and I actually had a conversation a lil while back on my post about the Mars TS1000. My goal is to both veg and flower with led eventually. Just don't have the kinda cash it would take to upgrade rn. The day I decide to switch to led for flower I am going to make sure I'm actually upgrading. I know I could even flower with my Mars but I want bigger buds than that lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Co2 increases the photosynthesis of the plant allowing it to absorb more light and thrive in higher temps, also less likely to stress due to heat

Only thing with that is you’ll need to run a sealed room no outtake

This might cause your temps to peak even more

Do your own research into co2 nd find out if it will help u
I’d personally recommend treating your room

I also think your money will be better spent by addressing the heat issue. Air cooled hood or switch to LEDs

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

I also think your money will be better spent by addressing the heat issue. Air cooled hood or switch to LEDs
If it comes down to new hood and ballast or led I'm gonna do led. I was more less looking for ideas on how to cool my intake air or something. Totally on same page with light options.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh yeah for sure man. Lol you and I actually had a conversation a lil while back on my post about the Mars TS1000. My goal is to both veg and flower with led eventually. Just don't have the kinda cash it would take to upgrade rn. The day I decide to switch to led for flower I am going to make sure I'm actually upgrading. I know I could even flower with my Mars but I want bigger buds than that lol

I've never run a Mars. I can't comment on how good it is. I can tell you that myself and many on this forum love the lm301b or h based grow lights. They come in boards and strips. The quantum board platform seems built with the tent grower in mind.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

I've never run a Mars. I can't comment on how good it is. I can tell you that myself and many on this forum love the lm301b or h based grow lights. They come in boards and strips. The quantum board platform seems built with the tent grower in mind.
I couldn't agree more. 100% familiar with Quantum Boards.

Top Bottom