Flower veg confusion

• Thread starter Mithcman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mithcman

Hi all,
Have an issue- a few outdoor females I have- had been moved from one position to another outside location and had ONE night with an extra 4 hours of darkness. Three weeks later when I come back to see them I see they have 3rd week looking flowers coming from every inter node yet its the middle of summer here (southern hemisphere summer) and literally the longest light cycle of the year this week so my question is; to get the girls back vegging will I have to move them to another location with more direct sunlight?? Their location now has a vast amount of direct sunlight and most certainly won't go dark before everywhere else so why have the continued to flower?? these are a 50%50% Sativa mix with no auto flowering characteristics (have grown before)
I really need to get them back vegging asap but artificial light is a no go unless I run a solar powered small spot light on them at night lol

Also;
If someone could also tell me how old plants have to be before light cycle effects them?? i.e. how long can you run clones and seedlings under 24/0 then change to 18/6 without the chance of them thinking the reduction of light is time for flowering.

S

Steve Z

you can change to 18/6 24/0 whenever, it doesnt ahve to be either or, i have my veg room (seeds clones veg everything) under 24 hrs.

cannabis isnt a mutant, if your plants are acting weird then something weird is happening. straight facts. if it started flowering its

A. not getting at least 16-24 hrs light (strain dependent, of course)

B. root bound possibly??? any issues with the plant or is it healthy in your book??

C. Autoflower

you can throw it somewhere that is guaranteed to get sufficient light, and it being the beginning of summer you'll have plenty of time to let it get back into veg mode and do its thing.

and if its still too many dark hours in the day unfortunately artificial lighting may be your only hope. you dont even need a lot even for big plants, just a couple cfls can keep it from flowering at night.

sz

M

Mithcman

thanks Steve,
the reason I asked about the seedling/ clone under 24/0 is that I have the seedlings growing under fluoro just to establish them then they are going outside so the light cycle will be greatly reduced but I want to keep them inside for as long as I can to get them strong and developing...

I will just try get some more light to the turning females... they are close to pot bound now So I was actually going to plant them in ground but just worried they wont come back vegging!

Thanks for your help mate
Mitch

M

Mithcman

Ok now with the results of moving and re planting the two girls to another area... I've never had this problem before but I think I've got the classic "light leaking" symptoms of indoor- outdoor. The girls have started bushing up again really well BUT have started stretching a bit and going to single and 3 finger leaves?? I'm presuming its trying to go back into veg but is still full of flowering hormones is that right???
I was thinking of removing all flower sites to stop the plant putting energy into flowering would that work?
http://i98.invalid.com/albums/l250/mitchimal/IMAG02302.jpg
http://i98.invalid.com/albums/l250/mitchimal/IMAG0229.jpg
Cheers again

B

bastard_x

if you can run an extension cord to the location you could build a clear plastic teepee and put 4ft flourescents up the sides . this way the plant will not know its night time , you could have it go off on a timer at midnight or 2:00 am . your plants will get more growth from the extended days . on the second part of your question its better to gradually shave off hours of light if your trying to keep the plant in veg , essentially the days should not get shorter at all. and give them mostly nitrogen ferts. its hard to control the veg cycle outdoors most of the time mother nature will have her way.

and about pinching it will not help if the plant is destin to flower new flowers will pop up underneath the ones you pinched. it could take 2 -3 weeks for them to revert back to veg and start growing again but only in the correct conditions . sometimes i put plants out early just so i can get 2 harvest in one season. the first harvest is never dense but still has crystals. then you just top the flowers off and as the days get longer it will veg again then flower again at the end of the season

F

FruitOfTheLabor

i was reading a best of skunk volume 4 mag. it has the female flowers with male flowers on it .. looks like its a sprayed female used for breeding.. .. and this guy uses 2 cfls on a long piece of pvc... and he goes and runs it over the plant 2 times during the dark cycle... to prevent the plants from flowering.. i think as long as u have a cfl on a solar panel u could have it only come on for a couple minutesevery couple hours and u shouold be fine.. look for the article..

it says the plant were sprayed with light in the middle of each dark period the brief lighting reset the plants chemical countdown of the critical dark preiod..

Top Bottom