Flowering 10 weeks,is this ready?See pic

• Thread starter tallpaul
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tallpaul

Complete novice here,
This is a 2046 feminised from medicalseeds,planted in garden in late April, been in flower since early August.
From the photo can anybody give me an idea of when this may be ready and when should i start flushing,if at all?

Trichs
symbiote420

symbiote420

My personal way of knowing when to pull is:
1) Wait for the plant to look so sparkly, it has a glassy type shimmer.
2) Feel the buds, ripe buds are harder.
3) Wait till the buds swell over the withering pistils, it will look like the pistils have receded into the buds.
I used to go by the pistils changing colors or by the scope, but there are too many strains where judging by either of those ways is not accurate IME. Hope this helps.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
u should start flush indeed, i like to flush 3 weeks for best flavor and smell, but some flush less, like 2 or 1 week....

K

kolah

When many of the trichromes turn amber/brown the THC is degrading and IMO potency starts diminishing. I like to use a jewelers loupe (at least 30x) to accurately see the trichrome heads. (Radio Shack 8 bucs) Cloudy tri heads that begin to droop are indicative that she is ready to harvest. I also have found the whole plant doesn't reach its peak potential all at once therefore I select only the individual buds that are fully ripened. You can usualy tell when she is getting close to harvest as some of the hairs (pistals aka stigma) will change colors and start to lay down. Basically the flower stops growing and you can easily see it with the naked eye. (if eyes cane be "naked")

In my opinion it is hard to tell from your picture. Some folks pluck a few buds, quick-dry them and try them out. Clear heads with some cloudy/milky tri heads give an "up" buzz while cloudy to amber heads give a stoney buzz. Preference is yours.

My guess is that you got a ways to go yet but a loupe will help you determine it more accurately.
I'd be flushing those babies.

Then again, everything I just said could be wrong.

Top Bottom